NionAbeo

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Flat??? As in the dynamics are off or I'm out of tune(I was actually as my Bass is fooked. We had to autotune it sometimes)? Needs mastering properly I'd imagine if your talking about a lack of crescendos. That was the major criticism we've had from people... our live shows have more balls.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
nope, my bad, my speakers went SDFSWEFWEFSDF so now I have to try to fix them. lol I was wondering, then I put in my music and was like WTF, why is everything flat. hmmm

EDIT: fixed it.

A yes, that sounds a lot better. Yea, I'm diggin it. it's really high but I still am digging it though. have you tried playing it by bringing everything down a half-step or maybe even a full step down during recording. it could just be the recording though. it just seems extremely high, but hey, this isn't my music, just putting some stuff out their to consider possibly.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lozt_again, post: 0]Funny enough we we're talking about doing exactly that during our recent recording. We play in E flat but were thinking of going down to D flat.[/quote]

aye, that may sound a lot better too, hopefully you never know. just have to find that happy medium that sounds awesome.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
It's odd though... I like the sound of low notes through a Guitar and Bass particularly, but I'm not always sure about vocals. Sometimes, I think if we push the key down more, we'll end up singing in the previous register, with a high but perhaps more dynamic sound. It's strange, I'd like to say it would be more harmonic, but it'll always be relative. We both sing though, so harmonies are always abundant.

Do you record or perform yourself?

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lozt_again, post: 0]It's odd though... I like the sound of low notes through a Guitar and Bass particularly, but I'm not always sure about vocals. Sometimes, I think if we push the key down more, we'll end up singing in the previous register, with a high but perhaps more dynamic sound. It's strange, I'd like to say it would be more harmonic, but it'll always be relative. We both sing though, so harmonies are always abundant.

Do you record or perform yourself?[/quote]

I use to perform but now i just record. I still perform but my friends and I just do it for fun, just like before. We don't take the stuff serious at all, just bar shows and we all have a blast and everyone usually loves us but remember it's a screaming band. sometimes we open for bands, that always sucks. If their are 4 bands, we usually like to be the 3rd band, then you get a really good atmosphere. playing last sucks, by that time the bar closes so you can't really socialize and stick around. about 2 to 3 times a year now compared to 2 times a week.

hehe, we use to play really low to the point where you could barely even hear the notes, i had to put a stop to that though, it was meh, so tuned it up a bit and then it was all fine.

Well, you might have to bring the voice down a tiny bit if you lower everything down a half step or a full step. Sometimes you dont' have to bring the voice down.