No more backwards capability?

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
I got to switch the title lol..

The point of the thread isn't exactly about Backwards Capability. Sony needs innovate to inspire the rest of the gaming world a way that no one will need backwards capability. The exact way Sony decided, you buy PlayStation All Star Battle Royale for the ps3, you should get the Vita version downloadable or vice versa. Digital download may have its negative side, atleast you won't have to worry pulling out any older console.

Think Sony would be making a HUGE mistake if they don't make PS4 backwards compatible. It has taken me years to build my collection of games, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't afford to start all over again. There is also talk of new games exclusively linking with your console, so used games would become a thing of the past. Sony needs to wise up, and pay more attention to what the consumers want, or I don't see the new consoles selling very well.

Centurion

Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
[QUOTE="CrimsonPride, post: 5982414]Think Sony would be making a HUGE mistake if they don't make PS4 backwards compatible. It has taken me years to build my collection of games, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't afford to start all over again. There is also talk of new games exclusively linking with your console, so used games would become a thing of the past. Sony needs to wise up, and pay more attention to what the consumers want, or I don't see the new consoles selling very well.[/QUOTE]

Why does it have to be backwards compatable? Is your PS3 is going to disappear?

D3seeker

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2008
Severn, Maryland
[QUOTE="Centurion, post: 5984204]Why does it have to be backwards compatable? Is your PS3 is going to disappear?[/QUOTE]

I'll answer that. EVENTUALLY YES. It's not an eternal device. And unlike some people seem to believe (in the most bias of ways I might add) some of us acually have games from older consoles we still go back too. Will be the same for PS3.

Sent from the Warlock

Centurion

Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
[QUOTE="D3seeker, post: 5988935]I'll answer that. EVENTUALLY YES. It's not an eternal device. And unlike some people seem to believe (in the most bias of ways I might add) some of us acually have games from older consoles we still go back too. Will be the same for PS3.

Sent from the Warlock[/QUOTE]

Our consoles will disappear eventually. By that time we will probably be able to emulate them on a PC.

I don't see why backwards compatability is so important to people. Maybe they're just inconvenienced by hooking up an old console.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="Centurion, post: 5989778]Our consoles will disappear eventually. By that time we will probably be able to emulate them on a PC.

I don't see why backwards compatability is so important to people. Maybe they're just inconvenienced by hooking up an old console.[/QUOTE]

Yes hooking up old console is part of the reasons especially if you have a few of them but also they each require power and you don't want to daisy chain a bunch of sure protectors or keep pluging in then junpluging. It is def a convience thing ill admit.