No More Heroes 2 Last Wii outting..

Idenowhereiam

Bandw!dth Savior
Oct 26, 2006
In Miami, man <3
Got this over at Kotaku:

Goichi Suda breaks the hearts of countless Wii owners, suggesting that once No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is finished, the franchise will leave the platform behind.
While No More Heroes and its star Travis Touchdown have captured the hearts of many fans on the Nintendo Wii, Suda's ambition might just be too big for the platform. Once the sequel hits store shelves in early 2010, it could be curtains for the Wii franchise.
"I think ['No More Heroes 2'] is the last ‘NMH' that is going to be developed on the Wii. To expand ‘NMH' to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now."​
While disappointing news for Wii owners, it is a move that makes sound business sense. Despite an excellent reception, the first No More Heroes didn't exactly fly off store shelves. One would imagine that a mature title with the charm of NMH would do amazingly well on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or even the iPhone.

Where would you folks like to see No More Heroes go next?
Seems interesting... Personally I'd like to see the franchise's original titles come to the psn or xbla since I personally don't own a wii..

If anything I think they should bring the title to other platforms as well as the wii.. No point in completely leaving the fanbase behind.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
We'll see. NMH is the most successful original game that developer's ever done, last I heard, so it'll be interesting to see where they go, or what they want to do.

Idenowhereiam

Bandw!dth Savior
Oct 26, 2006
In Miami, man <3
Agreed..

From my understanding it did do quite well, so them branching off to other platforms to get the game to everyone doesn't seem like such a bad move. Although suggesting to leave the platform altogether seems rather odd..

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
I'm yet to play NMH, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. The developer would be making a big mistake leaving the Wii completely to develop for the other platforms. I think it would be a wise move to develop for all three, at least.

babybell

Elite Member
Oct 10, 2007
I always thought one of the reasons for Suda working on the Wii was because of the development costs. From what I can remember his games have never exactly been huge sellers, especially in Japan. (I dont think signed NMH toilet paper was a good enough insentive for the japanese gamers :p)

Its good that he is going to push the series further, I just worry that it could be a big gamble.

With the PSwand out in the world, could this be one of the reasons why Suda is going to take the challange?

kokoriet

Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="babybell, post: 0]Its good that he is going to push the series further, I just worry that it could be a big gamble.[/quote]
Indeed, look at Factor 5. They went bankrupt trying it :(

Dec 7, 2007
Even though I have all three consoles, so I could play 3 no matter where it goes, I'd rather it stay on the Wii for asthesic reasons and gameplay reasons.

AsuraOkami

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2009
Ivalice
It's a shame if it is, i love the game. Hopefully they continue to support the wii while branching off to other console's. NMH to me feels like a game that works best on the wii or maybe the ps3 considering what you do in the game.