No ps3 but sixaxis? No problem

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
We all know that the ps3 sixaxis controller does have a mini-usb port, and for all of us who have tried plugging in the six-axis controller to the p.c have come to a dead end.

Now for those of you who do indeed have the sixaxis controller but only to have a failing preorder or multiple failed camping trips, here's the next best thing.

Using your sixaxis on your pc!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13008&d=1165434765

I think you have to register, but its free so might as well give it a shot.
I'll update this post once i get it running.

TheFury

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2006
Hmmmmmm can anyone confirm this? A friend of mine keeps on saying "you can use the 360 controller on the pc, but not with ps3 so hahahahaha" and this is going to feel awesome to tell him it!!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

coffeerox

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2006
I posted this on the Xbox 360 forum (TeamXbox) and I ended up getting banned because I blew up at their reactions, which was a bunch of 5 year olds laughing about how we have to use the controller for the PC because there's nothing to play on the PS3

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Dont feel too bad. I got banned from the wii forums from all the bs they were throwing around. I simply said the wii is targeted at kids and they didnt like that. They called me a sony fanboy, but I have a wii too. Personally I think the wow factor of the wii controller is wearing off now.

r1000

Apprentice
Oct 23, 2006
yea I think I remember reading your thread about being banned on the wii forum....pretty sucky...

I have to disagree about the wiimote though, I'm playing zelda and i do like the wiimote alot, Zelda's a long game I think i'm half way throught... i hope the timing is right when I finish zelda I can get a freaking PS3 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mavsman4457

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2006
[QUOTE="fooster, post: 0]We all know that the ps3 sixaxis controller does have a mini-usb port, and for all of us who have tried plugging in the six-axis controller to the p.c have come to a dead end.

Now for those of you who do indeed have the sixaxis controller but only to have a failing preorder or multiple failed camping trips, here's the next best thing.

Using your sixaxis on your pc!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13008&d=1165434765

I think you have to register, but its free so might as well give it a shot.
I'll update this post once i get it running.[/QUOTE]

I saw this and couldn't get it to work. Whenever I open up the .exe file that brings up a command prompt it just closes right away. DCemu is an awesome site by the way.

mavsman4457

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2006
[QUOTE="mavsman4457, post: 0]I saw this and couldn't get it to work. Whenever I open up the .exe file that brings up a command prompt it just closes right away. DCemu is an awesome site by the way.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know why it might do this?

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
[QUOTE="mavsman4457, post: 0]Anyone know why it might do this?[/QUOTE]

i tried it too, thought i dont have any games that uses joystiqs.
For those of you do, perhaps could you try this for us and give us a heads up?

Mar 11, 2006
This would probably have been off-topic on its own but since this is a discussion of the SIXAXIS coming to PC, it kind of ties in.

First, there was somebody that made a Wii remote model to use in gmod, the Half Life 2 mod. This was before the
Wii came out but showed what it would be like to have a Wii remote if you lived inside gmod with it:

Wii controller inside gmod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMEHZdJusPE

Now, some guys have actually made Windows drivers to use the real Wii remote to play Half Life 2 on a PC. It is kind of laggy but it has only been a few days to get this working. It is a Mac laptop running WindowsXP with
a Bluetooth adapter but it is only a step away from being on a PC:

Wii remote used to play Half Life 2 on a PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M

So, it will be only a short time before you can use a real Wii
controller to control a Wii remote model in gmod. Maybe something similar will happen for the SIXAXIS.