Not getting ascendant shards

Vercetti

Forum Elder
Dec 22, 2005
Is there some sort of glitch preventing me from getting shards? I realize I can get them from the raid but I'm talking about public events, etc. all I need is 2 to but all I get is energy. I must have 100 energy but only 4 shards. Frustrating to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
You can get them from both chests and public events. I have had them from both on very rare occasions but they definitely drop. Shards tend to drop mostly from raids I find.

Felix336

Apprentice
Jun 26, 2005
The raid is definitely the best way to get them and they should also occasionally drop from public events (just sounds like bad luck to me).

I would suggest two other ways of getting them:
-Dismantle legendary gear you don't need, or buy it from vendors and then dismantle it (boots and gloves are the cheapest I believe).
-Do the daily mission on the hardest difficulty, you automatically get +2 ascendent materials as a reward (50/50 chance though since you might get energy).

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
If you fully upgrade weapons and armor via xp (dont need to use mats to actually level it, just have all unlocked) you usually get 5 shards/energy as opposed to 2-3 so it's worth swapping armor out when turning in bounties.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Jul 14, 2014
Florida
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6407842]If you fully upgrade weapons and armor via xp (dont need to use mats to actually level it, just have all unlocked) you usually get 5 shards/energy as opposed to 2-3 so it's worth swapping armor out when turning in bounties.

Sent from my GT-I9000[/QUOTE]
Upgraded weapons gives more but not upgraded armor in my experience and reading