Not over for Vita, says Sony

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Nobody wants indie games on their Vita. I want real games damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6455413]Nobody wants indie games on their Vita. I want real games damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
^^^^^^^^^^

This.
No wonder they say it's a smaller market. Yeah, if you don't praise your own goddamn device more then nobody's going to be interested in both buying it or developing for it.
PS4 is up and floating in the clouds but the Vita's holding on on a thin line somewhere halfway in the air, ready to give up and fall..

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well Sony given up on it just relying on 3rd parties to get it going again. Shame because the Vita is a good device enjoyed what i've played on it so far.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6455413]Nobody wants indie games on their Vita. I want real games damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed, but major developers just don't seem interested in making games for the system anymore which is a massive shame! I have a Vita but hardly use it, can't bring myself to part with it though so I guess it shall sit in the cupboard until I can bring myself to play with it again!

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
The VITA has been dead Pretty much since release with hardly any AAA titles made for it ,Sony should be trying to port over more of it's AAA PS3 library if they are not gonna push devs to make decent games for it ,GOW3 alon g with the GTA games would have nice on the VITA.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Too late, Sony. I'm never buying another one of your overpriced handhelds ever again.

Last edited:

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
I've been on the cusp of buying a Vita recently. Not quite ready to take the plunge. Although I do enjoy some Indie games, a few more significant titles would persuade me it IS a good idea. Just because I could stream them from PS4 isn't a selling point for me.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6459050]I've been on the cusp of buying a Vita recently. Not quite ready to take the plunge. Although I do enjoy some Indie games, a few more significant titles would persuade me it IS a good idea. Just because I could stream them from PS4 isn't a selling point for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't use my Vita much now but really don't have the heart to part with it, think the only thing I can say about the Vita is it's worth the money if you take advantage of the games given by PS+ each month, other than that I can't see any MAJOR titles forthcoming for it!

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
There are some great games for the Vita. I sold mine a while back, but picked up a PS TV dirt cheap. I never regretted buying Vita though. The games it has are well worth the money.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
I had my eye on Frozen Synapse Prime, or something like that. Looks a lot of fun. Plus I have a few in my PS+ library that are worth playing, like Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy. Maybe if I've a little more expendable cash i may get one in coming months.

Not sure about jprg's. I like the look of some of them but not all, I'm a fussy bugger :snicker

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6459121]Just make sure you wait until the memory cards are on sale. That is the albatross hanging around Vita's neck.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thanks. I noticed they were not cheap :eek:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6459102]There are some great games for the Vita. I sold mine a while back, but picked up a PS TV dirt cheap. I never regretted buying Vita though. The games it has are well worth the money.[/QUOTE]

God yes there may be no real AAA games but the games themselves are quality such as Persona 4 Golden,Ys Memories Of Celceta,Tales Of Hearts R and Danganronpa 1 & 2 are examples. Heaps of cross-platform games too so but the problem is the memory card prices other than that the Vita is worth it.

Jul 19, 2015
Sony need to show support with the Vita. Lower the price of memory cards and make exclusives that wont later appear on another system.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I really wish this was the case but I'm not holding my breath to see if Vita receives any decent support at all, the only good thing about Vita at the moment TBH is that it makes PS+ better value on the free game side

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Daxter, post: 6465345]Sony need to show support with the Vita. Lower the price of memory cards and make exclusives that wont later appear on another system.[/QUOTE]

That's for sure. I bought my son one and he barely uses it. They definitely over promised with this one.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Finally dug mine out the other day, Remote play with rocket league works really well. Im hoping to get resident evil and WRC for the Vita if they turn out ok.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Think I will start using my Vita again once PS Now becomes main stream in the UK, really like the idea of playing PS3 games and eventually PS2 and PS1 games on the OLED screen!