offcial "i got swine flu" thread

Cyb3rHav0k

Superior Member
Jul 8, 2007
Its not a huge thing. LMFAO. In response to the huge OMG above.

Everyone will eventually get it. The media has just toted this into something that will kill everyone on the earth. Whereas about 2 - 3 of my friends have had it / have it.

Supposedly the quarantine is 5 days, is this right? And have you got your Tamiflu?

Astonlover

Catch it and W*nk
Jan 26, 2008
I had it. Its pretty pathetic. My school got cases last day of school then I got the symptoms and was confirmed to have it.

A little kid from my estate just got rushed to hospital he was out cold. I hope he'll be okay.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Killller, post: 0]I know 3 people who tested positive for it, it's no big deal. Its just like any flu..[/quote]
Bulls***. While media now tends to make it sounds bigger than what it is, its still more dangerous than average influenza (not flu. Learn the difference).
This influenze kills even healthy people while normal influenza pretty much only killed those who were very weak or elderly (while I do have to admit, these kind of cases are still rare thought) and risk being infected by this is much bigger than with your normal influenza (normal is about 5-10% from population, swine influenza is now 20-25%).

For people who have weak immune system this will be dangerous. For example for me H1N1 can be fatal because I do not have spleen. If however it won't be dangerous for me, there is a risk that I will get pneumonia because of this virus and that IS dangerous, especially for me.

I just hope that if I get it, hopefully it will be pretty weak one and I don't have to go to hospital because of influenza, again.

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
not had swine flu but had the winter flu christmas just gone and it was honestly the worst week of my life. it was lucky the missus was with me as i literally wouldnt have been able to feed myself, the only time i got out of bed was to go to the toilet as i refused to pee in a bucket and everytime i did that i felt like i was on the verge of passing out.

theres a very big difference between having symptoms of flu and having your body fail on you as its using all its resources trying to fight off the virus

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
A friend at work thought he had it but it turns out he had the regular flu. The media is going on information based on the outbreak about 100 years ago that killed lots of people. Those in countries like Mexico will have a greater loss of life to this than the US and UK for example because Mexico isn't a very healthy country to begin with. I never have it but the way the media projects it that everybody is prone and millions will die if there isn't a cure, basically scaring the hell out of everyone.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Don't have it, but I had a lung infection which knocked the living **** outta me for a good two weeks. Vomiting everything up, couldn't stand up or I would black out, raging temperature and just overall feeling like I was on deaths door.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 0]I havent had the flu in about 2-3 years and hope I dont catch this, hope you get better soon.[/quote]

Neither have I, hopefully I can ride this one out too :p

@Aston, lol, what a great end of school present, swine flu :lol:

Cyb3rHav0k

Superior Member
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="PsychoMantis, post: 0]A friend at work thought he had it but it turns out he had the regular flu. The media is going on information based on the outbreak about 100 years ago that killed lots of people. Those in countries like Mexico will have a greater loss of life to this than the US and UK for example because Mexico isn't a very healthy country to begin with. I never have it but the way the media projects it that everybody is prone and millions will die if there isn't a cure, basically scaring the hell out of everyone.[/quote]

That's my point. The media are blasting this to be something huge. Which no doubt it is, as I think it may / may not be a pandemic now. Mexico have ill health now and something about how they don't have the correct meds. Don't quote me on that. ;)

We have the Tamiflu crap and one my friends Mam came back with it from somewhere, or it may just have been from town, and she was the worst, passing it too all other 5 in the household.

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
The only flu I've ever had is man-flu :lol:

TBH I'm not fretting..people go to their GP for the normal flu and this has the same symtoms, so there is a big chance if I catch it I'll be diagnosed pretty early. It is then meant to be cured as easy as a normal flu. So meh.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
Meh, I haven't had a flu in a few years and I don't know anyone who has got/gotten the swine flu. The media is just blowing the whole situation out of proportion imo.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
hmm i know some people at my school who had gotten it
and like it was funny on the radio
yeh 17 ppl died here in nsw and 15 in victoria and we overtaken em as leading deaths
then the other guy after the news is like
yeh but its been all sick ppl and this happens every yr with the common flu just its been hyped up more
and i was like hahaha in my car

ANDY098

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2009
Some of my mates had it, no worse than normal flu apparently. I wouldn't mind catching it just to see what all the fuss is about.

Richie209

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2009
I almost got it, it turned out i had the regular flu. My friend caught the swine flu at the same time i got the regular one. She's all better now. As long as you have a good immune system(not a baby/old person, pregnant etc), it's nothing to fret.

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
I've had it the last couple of weeks, wasnt really OMG DOOOOOOM but it definitely felt like it could get bad if I pushed myself to do anything, was struggling to breathe just going around the house.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
Its not a huge thing. LMFAO. In response to the huge OMG above.

Everyone will eventually get it. The media has just toted this into something that will kill everyone on the earth. Whereas about 2 - 3 of my friends have had it / have it.

Supposedly the quarantine is 5 days, is this right? And have you got your Tamiflu?
This

My friend had it, she said "it felt like I was going to die for 3 days then it was fine"

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
My girlfriends mom had a suspected case and, because we live with her, we had to stay inside for a minimum of five days. It turned out it wasn't swine flu, though, just an average cold.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Who cares what it's called?

Whether it's Swine flu, Christmas flu or Normal flu, it's out there and spreading quickly. Yes, it may not be super deadly but it can still cause damage.

P.s We need to quarantine this thread.