~ Official Anime Hub ~

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
No i just posted what i did in the Re-Vamping Anime thread :p. You mind stickying this thread and deleting the Anime Council thread please mate?.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Great nice one Solid.

Also if somebody wants to work on some userbars to link people to this thread/section then please do. I'le get to work on some but it would be nice to have selection :).

Dec 3, 2006
I appreciate that Solid, but I'm no good with userbars. Fenwick's are always nice. It'd be nice if we could get him to make a couple.

I'll start writing up a guide for watching MKV/OGM anime, and Phaded can just add it to this thread later. I don't think it deserves a separate thread.

ToonAssassin

!! Watch Your Step !!
Oct 26, 2007
Watching YOUR step !
hiya fellas, glad to see this section finally got made, i love the links in the pics, very nice idea, i'm looking forward to reading this section a lot, you guys educate me on stuff i never knew about before, good luck, not that you'll need it of course ;-)

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
My bad, I was off taking care of other business after posting, lol.. This is my first time back since that original post. :lol:

Glad to see this is now up, though. :)

Nov 22, 2005
Yeah hopefully. Maybe to make up for not having a Legend user bar, maybe I should put Anime Legend as my user title if I got the points :lol:.

BRandON99

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2008
Nooooo! It finally happened! The forum is officially 13% less cool now. Just kidding. I don't get the anime but good for you guys that do;)

Dec 3, 2006
Here's my guide. Feel free to add it to the main thread. I don't really think it deserves a dedicated thread.

-------------------------------------

How to: Play MKV/OGG files.

So you've ventured outside of Naruto for your anime fix and snag a few new animes. But wait, the files aren't AVI and Windows Media Player or Quicktime won't open them keeps flashing missing codec errors. What do you do?

Luckily, this problem can be easily solved. There are two codec packs for Windows you can choose from, and one for Mac. The only major differences most people will notice between K-Lite and CCCP is that CCCP has thumbnail preview for MKV/OGM files and includes ZoomPlayer.

Use the K-Lite Codec Pack (Windows)
- Uninstall the Divx or XviD codec installed on your system (if applicable).
- Download the Standard K-Lite Codec Pack [link]
- Run through the installation, using the "Lots of stuff" installation profile for best compatibility.
- Hit Next until installation completes. Do not check or uncheck any of the boxes on the final window, and you are finished. The MKV/OGM files will now open up in Media Player Classic by default.

Use CCCP (Windows)
- Uninstall the Divx or XviD codec installed on your system (if applicable).
- Download CCCP [link]
- Run through the installation, it should be pretty straight forward.
- After installation, the MKV/OGM files will open up in Media Player Classic by default. CCCP also includes ZoomPlayer, which some people prefer. To make ZoomPlayer open by default, right-click the video file, click "Open with", click "Choose program from a list", find ZoomPlayer in the window that pops up and check "Always use this program to open this kind of file" and hit okay.

Use Perian (Mac)
- Download Perian [link]
- Mount the DMG and install Perian.prefpane. This will install Perian.
- That's it! MKV files will open up in Quicktime. It will need a few seconds to buffer, but it goes by pretty fast. This also adds codec support in FrontRow. Quicktime will not play OGM files, so use VLC (below) if you need OGM support.

Also, you should install a player called VLC (www.videolan.org, available on nearly every OS) as a jack of all trades player. If for some reason you can't play a video file with one of the above codec packs, VLC will probably be able to play it. So why not use VLC as a primary player? Well you could, but VLC has no support for softsub styles, and the subtitles it generates can be hard to read at times. Its interface is a bit more complicated because it packs in many features. However, it is up to you whether or to use VLC as a primary player.

And that's it, you're all set to go.

Nov 22, 2005
I don't do that, I just watch a LOT of videos, and CCCP can play pretty much any (except for ones that have proprietorship) video files.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Nice guide soft, gonna add it to the post tomorrow, knackered at the mo so off to bed for work 2morro :(.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]The only manga I read is Bleach :lol:. Used to read Naruto.[/QUOTE]
Tut, Tut.

The anime legend is not much of a legend then. :snicker