Official Manchester City Thread

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]Theres no real reputable characters if we go through the big names:

Glenn Johnson- Shoplifter
JT- playing away
Rio- Drink driver
Ashley Cole- Adulterer
Becks- ditto
Lampard- ditto (though not married, still the same thing)
Gerrard- GBH
Rooney- Visted a brothel
Defoe- frequent speeding

Milner for captain, you know it makes sense. Came in to say Adam Johnson :cool: Hope him and Weiss get a good look in soon, both looking the business when played.[/quote]

lol what when? I heard about Rooney and the older woman, but not a brothel :confused:

But yeh I agree with the principle, England suck for leaders lol

[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]Theres no real reputable characters if we go through the big names:

Glenn Johnson- Shoplifter
JT- playing away
Rio- Drink driver
Ashley Cole- Adulterer
Becks- ditto
Lampard- ditto (though not married, still the same thing)
Gerrard- GBH
Rooney- Visted a brothel
Defoe- frequent speeding

Milner for captain, you know it makes sense. Came in to say Adam Johnson :cool: Hope him and Weiss get a good look in soon, both looking the business when played.[/quote]

Weiss is good. He just needs to learn the basics of the game, his talent and skill are there in abundance but sometimes he tries to do the hard thing to impress when all he needs to do is just play smartly.

Johnson. Good to see us buying a English player! Never really seen him play but I believe he is very good. I think he will be in the team for Hull on Saturday.

The lack of purchases mean two things for Mancini:

1. Heaven forbid, he won't be there in the summer and he was just a stop gap say for Hiddink. That's why he hasn't been given a limitless amount of money to spend. I personally think this is not the case but I know a number of people who would say otherwise. The one thing which would back me up is the fact he is known to be actively looking for a house to buy I think at the moment he is bunking up with Fergie. :)P)

2. He is assessing the players he has. He said after the Portsmouth game that we are not playing the Mancini way and it will take another 2 months to achieve that. In the summer I expect some signings from Europe.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
gerraard? hell no, but it will most probably be him though. as imo JT has lost the respect of some of this England team mates, the team will be split.

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]Weiss is good. He just needs to learn the basics of the game, his talent and skill are there in abundance but sometimes he tries to do the hard thing to impress when all he needs to do is just play smartly.

Johnson. Good to see us buying a English player! Never really seen him play but I believe he is very good. I think he will be in the team for Hull on Saturday.

The lack of purchases mean two things for Mancini:

1. Heaven forbid, he won't be there in the summer and he was just a stop gap say for Hiddink. That's why he hasn't been given a limitless amount of money to spend. I personally think this is not the case but I know a number of people who would say otherwise. The one thing which would back me up is the fact he is known to be actively looking for a house to buy I think at the moment he is bunking up with Fergie. :)P)

2. He is assessing the players he has. He said after the Portsmouth game that we are not playing the Mancini way and it will take another 2 months to achieve that. In the summer I expect some signings from Europe.[/quote]

LOL you what!!!

Meh.

Usual crap defending by City.

Here comes RSC.

o_O

Another Stoke player down, needing treatment and they have no subs left!
They clearly have serious fitness issues.

EDIT:

So we have just drawn Chelsea in the cup. All we have to do is beat Stoke then Chelsea and the cup is pretty much ours.

Wayne Bridge to score the winner, followed by Adebayor style celebration at his former ground.

Jun 15, 2008
I think im the only one who liked and understood Adebayors celebration. When taunts against your family and racist chants get shouted at you it must be hard to take. He gave a lot for Arsenal, yes he didnt look bothered near the end of it but without his presence Arsenal would have been much easier to beat. I love it when he is on form, looks so happy with his football and is a joy to watch on form.

Think 4th is yours maybe next season or year after, results like tonight make your side not real contenders IMO this year. Mancini needs to be more attacking at times, Hughes was a wreck on the defensive front but at least you werent struggling to score whereas Mancinis side have got the defence set just seem to not be able to push on when needed against stern opposition. Still think you did the right thing replacing Hughes with him but your side just needs to be more dangerous in front of goal.

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]Meh.

Usual crap defending by City.

Here comes RSC.

o_O

Another Stoke player down, needing treatment and they have no subs left!
They clearly have serious fitness issues.

EDIT:

So we have just drawn Chelsea in the cup. All we have to do is beat Stoke then Chelsea and the cup is pretty much ours.

Wayne Bridge to score the winner, followed by Adebayor style celebration at his former ground.[/quote]
easier said than done, and Villa are still in the cup, and I tihnk spurs are?

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]Yeah of course it's easier said then done. I don't think we will do it. Chelsea are tough opposition at any ground, never alone at their gaff.

We really miss Bellamy and Tevez.

At least we are 4th, massive game on Sunday.[/quote]

lol at the thread title, trying to look silly again after predicting Uniteds demise to Arsenal again?

It's 50/50 between Liverpool and City by the look of things

I still think we will pip it to 4th but we have some very important games coming up.

Away to Chelsea on Saturday then Tottenham at home which is a must win game. In April we have United at home, which I am going to btw and I hope we stuff United, then we have Arsenal away.

We still have that crucial game in hand but every game is must win now.

I watched the game yesterday against Liverpool and we had the best chances, it was ours for the winning. Adebayor forced a good save from Reina from a 18 yard strike and moments later just headed over. Ireland missed a good chance too. Skittles had there best chance of the game which came from a corner which should have been a goal kick as Johnsons clearance bounced off a red shirt. The was really there only chance too.

Liverpool had a game plan and it shows with all the yellows they got, kick City about and stop them from playing there game. Chelsea did the same and we won via a free kick but we didn't get that opportunity yesterday. Liverpool are now slapped with a £25,000 fine for the 6 yellow cards. A red card should have been added for Macherano's tackle on Barry which on another day with another ref would have seen a instant dismissal.

Adam Johnson was good again, his runs look strong and determined, his deliveries were a little off but apart from that he is looking a good talent and well worth the £8,000,000. Liverpool dealt well with him and ensured that the full back had further support as Johnson is more than good enough to go around most defenders as he proved on 2 occasions when it took 4+ Liverpool players to marshall him out of play.

Man of the match for me was tough as there were no stand out moments or individual genius. I'd have to say its a coin toss between De Jong or Zabaleta. De Jong was solid as always and made some fantastic tackles, his only error was a mis-kicked clearance which allowed a Liverpool attack but apart from that he didn't put a foot wrong. Zabaleta is a strange person. When Richards is out and he gets his chance he is immense. Yesterday he didn't get booked which is rare. His sliding tackles, which are usually his downfall, were all timed very well.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
Man City to line up Jose Mourinho if top-four bid flounders

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

February 23, 2010

Speculation is mounting within football circles that Jose Mourinho will be offered the job at Manchester City if Roberto Mancini fails to finish in the top four this season.
GettyImages
Jose Mourinho enjoyed great success at Chelsea

Owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan hired Mancini to replace Mark Hughes with a mandate to qualify for the Champions League, and City's momentum towards that target has slowed with the Italian's future now on the agenda after a disappointing goalless draw at home to Liverpool at the weekend.
Mancini's credibility as City's long-term manager will be tested in a match against Chelsea this weekend and in the run-in when the Italian is expected to deliver Champions League football after flirting, albeit temporarily, with a title tilt when starting his reign with three successive league wins.
If a top-four finish is not delivered then Mourinho could be an option. The former Chelsea manager looks set to win back-to-back Serie A titles with Inter Milan but has attracted controversy in Italy, and on Monday was handed a three-match ban for making a handcuffs gesture in a draw with Sampdoria at the weekend.
A source revealed: "If City fail to finish in the top four, then Roberto Mancini's chances of staying beyond this season would be seriously jeopardised. Before Mancini arrived, City looked very closely at appointing either Mourinho or Guus Hiddink.
"In fact, they came close to offering the job to both of them, but Hiddink wasn't keen on returning to club football and Mourinho's demands were massive because it wasn't quite the right time for him to leave Inter.
"Jose wants to come back to English football, and it could all change in the summer. The talk is that Mourinho could well be at City for next season if Mancini fails to get City into the Champions League.
"The feeling is that Mancini's deal at City is contingent on reaching the top four, and options to keep him come into play at the end of the season, or not to keep him, depending on where they finish up."
Coincidentally it was Mourinho who replaced Mancini at Inter Milan, and now the Portuguese has been earmarked as the No. 1 candidate to take over from the current City boss at Eastlands if he fails to deliver.
Mourinho faces his old club Chelsea in the last 16 of the Champions League on Wednesday and his future could be defined by the outcome of the conflict in Europe, as he was hired to win the competition when Mancini could not, despite the Italian claiming three successive Serie A titles.
Mourinho has made no secret of his desire to return to English football, and that could be hastened if Inter went out to Chelsea, although the testing time for such major managerial upheavals would be the summer.
His much-awaited return to the Premier League, though, is limited to only three clubs: Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City.
United would be Mourinho's first choice, but Sir Alex Ferguson shows no signs of retirement. Liverpool's only chance of replacing Rafa Benitez with a coach with a bigger reputation, like Mourinho, would hinge on wealthy new owners, and so far buying out the current Americans is proving virtually impossible.
That leaves Manchester City with the budget, and the growing reputation that could attract Mourinho.
lol not even a full season to get a team he wants

This is the issue when you have more money than sense.

The owners are patient, they have proved that already. They have already said they are in this for the long run and this is a 'project' which the first part, Champions League football and a few trophies will take 5 years to accomplish. Do not forget, when Chelsea were took over everyone said they will not be there in a few years and it appears people were proved wrong.

It's even rumoured the Sheikh is a City 'Fan'.
Well before you say 'ppfffft lol they sacked a manager who lost 2 games' let me explain.

The owners of City have made already what was reported already to be a £500M investment. Mark Hughes put together a squad costing nearly £250M. He over paid for players like Lescott, Adebayor and Toure. They are all good players, but they do not live up to their price tag. That is not their problem I know but it's the reason they get stick.

The other £250M has gone to improving the infrastructure of the club. I last went to City for the Scunthorpe game back in November I think, I go when I can and I'm next going in April for United. But I noticed a MASSIVE change in the club store which has been revamped, our website has had positive critical feedback for it's ease of use and wealth of content from Press Conferences to highlights that some other clubs charge for.

Everything has changed even the way you buy your ticket has changed! Every fan has a supporter number and you get a supporter card which is your ticket when you go. You buy your ticket online and they instruct the electronic turnstiles to let you in on the match day you have bought a ticket for. Hell, even MCFC's Twitter page (@mcfc) is stupidly generous. In the last 4 days I entered 3 competitions, one to win a VIP trip for 4 to the Liverpool game, a pair of tickets for the Liverpool game and a guess the photo competition for a £30 MCFC store voucher. So in one way or another they are spending SERIOUS money here.

The owners approached the council about buying our ground because we have it on lease until 2099 and the council said no. The owners response was around about 'don't worry we will just look at building a new one somewhere'. In the interim they are looking into expanding the stadium to 60,000 and moving the away fans but this is just in the discussion phase.

So how does this come down to who the manager is, well it does and in a big way.

Do they give Mancini another £250M to spend on a team. Well they could do no problem but if he fails to win a trophy and get us champions league football year in year out then he has failed. So the bill at this point is nigh £750M and then they go get another manager who is given another £250M. So that's £1Billion even before any upgrade to infrastructure!

So if Mancini goes in the summer, yes it will be stupid but it would be understandable, this is not his team , this is Mark Hughes' team and wether he gets the chance to build his own team we will have to wait and see. In my opinion, no he won't. We have the biggest wallet in football at the moment and in January we sign Vieira on a loan and £8M Adam Johnson (which is the best £8m we have spent in a long time and probably the best player we have signed since De Jong and Given). I think he will go in summer. After all, he is on a 6 month contract with the ability to extend it to 3 years if needed.

Sep 7, 2007
Lol I couldn't stop laughing.

COME ON CITY (would like to learn some random city chants that aren't slurring United to shout at my tv lol)

EDIT: just celebrated a Tevez goal... never felt so dirty

EDIT EDIT: I just celebrated a Bellamy goal... never felt so dirty.

Andy Gray: "Craig Bellamy looks at you and says, I can do you!" :lol:

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I need a shower... Teeveeeeez!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Bellamyyyyyyyyyy :p *vomits*

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Cliché-Skating, post: 0]That Balletti fould didnt warrent a red card.[/quote]

It's a debatable one, He could have had a shot on goal from there. But was at a bit of an angle, and tbh Barry flopped to the floor like an idiot lol.

I always think it's harsh when a team gets a penalty and a red card is shown.

Nov 16, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3WuAlMiS_M"]YouTube- Chelsea Vs Manchester City 2-4 - Wayne Bridge Ignores Handshake With John Terry - [High Quality][/ame]

chelseapaul

Superior Member
Jul 27, 2007
London
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 0]I had no idea why Chelsea fans booed Bridge? *Boo down with monogomy!*??[/quote]

maybe because hes acting like a child and wont play for his country now? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE="chelseapaul, post: 0]maybe because hes acting like a child and wont play for his country now? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah he is acting like a little kid. Not shaking Terrys hand, looking like a lost puppy all match trying to get a sympathy vote.

His bird obviously cheated for a reason, get over yourself seriously! (directed at Bridge :snicker)

Hes earning £x0,000 a week. He can get any bird he wants ffs.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="chelseapaul, post: 0]maybe because hes acting like a child and wont play for his country now? :rolleyes:[/quote]

yeah this.

but anyway well played you guys, shame its over shadowed with the off the pitch activities.

although i do have to wonder. does bridge not expect her to sleep with anyone every again ? becuase they were not together when terry slept with her.

[QUOTE="Cliché-Skating, post: 0]Yeah he is acting like a little kid. Not shaking Terrys hand, looking like a lost puppy all match trying to get a sympathy vote.

His bird obviously cheated for a reason, get over yourself seriously! (directed at Bridge :snicker)

Hes earning £x0,000 a week. He can get any bird he wants ffs.[/quote]

she didnt cheat. they were not together, they had separated.