Official Manchester City Thread

[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]How was the reaction from the City fans when Scholes scored? Is there a feeling that you wil never be good enough to beat United?[/quote]

All gutted really, and rightly so. A few walked out, most stayed to the end, I stayed to the end.

We are good enough to beat you. Already beat you once this season. All the other times you have won in injury time.

Cast your mind back 4 years ago. You'd have tonked us game in game out by 3 or 4 goals to nil. Every game this season we have actually gave you a proper game and made you earn your victories.

Remember September when we pushed you right to the 97th minute. Who would have thought little City going to United and nearly crashing the party in there own back yard?

Without a doubt, City are now a threat. Our record against the top 4 this season is brilliant in both league and cup. Beat United once, Arsenal twice, Chelsea home and away (which no team did in like 3 years) and drew with Liverpool. Only you have beat us out of the top 4. That says something. Fergie also acknowledges now that we are a threat, he has realised and the sooner United fans do the better for their own sake.

StaticAge

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2008
I think you're forgetting your massive double over us two seasons ago.

[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0] Chelsea home and away (which no team did in like 3 years)[/quote]

Liverpool did last year.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
You haven't really beaten us when we had a healthy side. I would like to see a 100% fit United against City. I think if Rooney was 110% today it would have been a 0-3 scoreline. All other games our defense have been hurt.

Obviously your a better side now but I still think there's a few things left for City to fix to really be a threat to winning trophies.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Who is the person who wrote in the tags "we all love arabs" or "dc89 is an inbred" it may have been a joke but so what if owners are American, British or Arab? There are good owners and bad owners.. race has nothing to do with it.

It amazes me how some people always cling on to race.

[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]You haven't really beaten us when we had a healthy side. I would like to see a 100% fit United against City. I think if Rooney was 110% today it would have been a 0-3 scoreline. All other games our defense have been hurt.

Obviously your a better side now but I still think there's a few things left for City to fix to really be a threat to winning trophies.[/quote]

I think we can manage Rooney in all seriousness. De Jong had him in his pocket all game and Rooney had to resort by kicking him in the back of the leg and blatantly went for the player and not the ball. Should have seen a yellow for that, some refs would have sent him off straight red so he was a very lucky lad today.

Firefox, probably the same person who calls me a inbred in the tags.

Nov 16, 2008
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]I think we can manage Rooney in all seriousness. De Jong had him in his pocket all game and Rooney had to resort by kicking him in the back of the leg and blatantly went for the player and not the ball. Should have seen a yellow for that, some refs would have sent him off straight red so he was a very lucky lad today.

Firefox, probably the same person who calls me a inbred in the tags.[/quote]

I don't know if you've seen that incident back on TV yet, but Rooney barely touched him and De Jong went down like he has been shot, but Rooney shouldn't have lashed out in the first place even if it was a little tap.

[QUOTE="santinomarella, post: 0]I don't know if you've seen that incident back on TV yet, but Rooney barely touched him and De Jong went down like he has been shot, but Rooney shouldn't have lashed out in the first place even if it was a little tap.[/quote]

I recorded the game on SkySports HD so I will take a look at it. It's difficult to judge from your seat.

There was a fair bit of climbing going on though, that I am sure of. A few times United defenders had two hands on City players shoulders.

Nov 16, 2008
I thought it was a fair game overall today, ref done well, not that there was really an incident to test his abilities. Both United and City have everything to play for this season, It's going to be very interesting!

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]I think we can manage Rooney in all seriousness. De Jong had him in his pocket all game and Rooney had to resort by kicking him in the back of the leg and blatantly went for the player and not the ball. Should have seen a yellow for that, some refs would have sent him off straight red so he was a very lucky lad today.

It was pretty clear Rooney was playing hurt. I think you'd have trouble with him today if he was healthy.

Didn't see much of Teves, he put in a lot of effort as he always does but he wasn't that good, but no player really was I suppose. Both teams read eachother to good for an open game I gues.

desolationw

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2008

Never has a player got a straight red for that challenge. It was a blatent foul to stop a counter attack and should have been a yellow. You dealt with Rooney by not letting him turn and kicking him every so often. Barry should have got a yellow for diving. Berbatov was far better than Rooney today.

Anyway it was a very boring game compared to the last few games between us.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
Plain and simple united was the better team, man city was happy for a draw but united outclassed them. City wont even finished 4th I hope, spurs deserve it more and I cant see city beat arsenal.

[QUOTE="desolationw, post: 0]Never has a player got a straight red for that challenge. It was a blatent foul to stop a counter attack and should have been a yellow. You dealt with Rooney by not letting him turn and kicking him every so often. Barry should have got a yellow for diving. Berbatov was far better than Rooney today.

Anyway it was a very boring game compared to the last few games between us.[/quote]

Yeah I said that in my seat to myself, it was either a penalty which would have been great for City but would have been the wrong decision or Barry should have been booked.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Love the way ur clinging onto a victory in a 2 legged game even whe we still handled u and urs and lost. u gotta cling to summit though.

the 4-3 prem game, u scored 3 goal cos from errors. in none of those other 4 games did i see aything to suggest u r close to a weak man utd side.

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp

That's a bold claim. Players like Rooney, no team in the world can keep them quiet on their day. You managed today but Rooney didn't really show up. Fair play to your organised defense, but better defenses have suffered at Rooney's hands (or feet, or head!). He could and maybe should've had a yellow card mind.

manutdfan

Master Guru
May 19, 2009
The Port
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]All gutted really, and rightly so. A few walked out, most stayed to the end, I stayed to the end.

We are good enough to beat you. Already beat you once this season. All the other times you have won in injury time.

Cast your mind back 4 years ago. You'd have tonked us game in game out by 3 or 4 goals to nil. Every game this season we have actually gave you a proper game and made you earn your victories.

Remember September when we pushed you right to the 97th minute. Who would have thought little City going to United and nearly crashing the party in there own back yard?

Without a doubt, City are now a threat. Our record against the top 4 this season is brilliant in both league and cup. Beat United once, Arsenal twice, Chelsea home and away (which no team did in like 3 years) and drew with Liverpool. Only you have beat us out of the top 4. That says something. Fergie also acknowledges now that we are a threat, he has realised and the sooner United fans do the better for their own sake.[/quote]

Little City??!!

Yeah you haven't spent much money this season. :eek:

[QUOTE="Metal Warrior, post: 0]That's a bold claim. Players like Rooney, no team in the world can keep them quiet on their day. You managed today but Rooney didn't really show up. Fair play to your organised defense, but better defenses have suffered at Rooney's hands (or feet, or head!). He could and maybe should've had a yellow card mind.[/quote]

No other team has played against him 4 times this season. Well not one I can think of.

We haven't learnt how to not lose a game in the last 30 seconds but we have learnt how to keep him at quiet.

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]No other team has played against him 4 times this season. Well not one I can think of.

We haven't learnt how to not lose a game in the last 30 seconds but we have learnt how to keep him at quiet.[/quote]

You're really giving yourself too much credit here. You simply don't learn how to keep a player like Rooney quiet. There's no magical formula. You do your best to keep him out of a game, and sometimes it'll work, other times it won't. In the CL winning season, United kept Messi relatively quiet over 2 legs. But who'd dare to claim we learned how to keep him quiet?

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]No other team has played against him 4 times this season. Well not one I can think of.

We haven't learnt how to not lose a game in the last 30 seconds but we have learnt how to keep him at quiet.[/quote]

You keep clinging to that bro;)

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Quit using the tags for personal insults against members, we can see who posts them. If I see any after I delete this lot I will request infractions!