Official Microsoft E3 Press Conference Thread

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6514666]@Matrix- Simply because off the fact that the ground work is there. The OS is already built and the core is there. They just build around that. Not saying it will be cheap but it will assuredly be cheaper than developing from ground up. Simply because some work is already done. It still has to work the same with it actually being a One model.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, software development is tough/expensive but hardware development is the bigger challenge/expense.

Lets say scorpio was a new console generation. MS could utilize the software design/experience that they have been pushing with all version of windows. Therefore doing exactly what you just said without have already done so with a previous console.

If anything seeing MS's push with XLive support across various platforms and various games with xbox/pc support and cross platform gaming indicates that MS is trying to make the software seamless across hardware platforms.

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514655]Do you ever have anything good to say about MS?
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Oh, its you.

No need to cry. It's like you didn't even read and skipped straight to the score I gave.

And, if that is the perception you are feeling of me, perhaps the origins of such sentiments come from me genuinely not being impressed with MS' output in general, and not having to do with the fact that they are MS? Radical thought, I'm sure.

edit: You reference a panel score of a B on some youtube channel, as if that is supposed to be some kind of defining consensus as well, and that I am some kind of outlier or anomaly in comparison. Humorous. How about you visit the Gaf thread and see how prevalent the sentiment that MS had a weak software showing is? That's more representative.

Last edited:

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 6514673]:lol:

Oh, its you.

No need to cry. It's like you didn't even read and skipped straight to the score I gave.

And, if that is the perception you are feeling of me, perhaps the origins of such sentiments come from me genuinely not being impressed with MS' output in general, and not having to do with the fact that they are MS? Radical thought, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I saw a couple of "positive" points, but more "negative" points and then that score.

Is there a difference between the two for you Doesn't seem like it.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514675]I saw a couple of "positive" points, but more "negative" points and then that score.

Is there a difference between the two for you Doesn't seem like it.[/QUOTE]

33x doesn't pull the punches on anyone. Probably a little more critical of Sony.

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514675]I saw a couple of "positive" points, but more "negative" points and then that score.

Is there a difference between the two for you Doesn't seem like it.[/QUOTE]

Positives: 2 games I liked. Both exclusive. One of them I rated very highly. (Scalebound).

Negatives: Barely any exclusive software showings. Barely any new exclusive games shown.

I gave it a half full score for 2 games. Scalebound, and to a lesser extent for Sea of Thieves. Out of how many games shown? Seems generous enough.

And sure, there is certainly a difference. If MS was better software wise, I'd rate them better.

I get it. You have a persecution complex. Your chosen brand is less popular by a large margin worldwide, and objectively has fewer games to play.

For me however, when the PS3 went through hard times, I raged at Sony for a good few years on this forum. And I didn't jump in until 2011, when I felt it was finally worth a purchase. I still do rage at them they fuck up. No one who knows my history will say I don't criticize Sony.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6514650]I wouldn't be pointing fingers at Sony. Most of the games shown were the same games they showed last year. Like I've said they are all guilty of it really bad. I Don't know why you single out Sony.[/QUOTE]

Yes they all do it, and I dont like it..
Im not singling out Sony. IM just saying all they have to do is a sizzle trailer of a game and in some peoples eyes they will have "won E3"

I'd rather have a press conference where we get some solid gameplay of a game, than a quick announce (like we did with Re-core last year and Scalebound the year before), I don't know who they really service, why bother with a teaser of a trailer of something that is so far away from a game. For all we knew Scalebound could have been crap, and also Re-core form what we got at the announce.

MS showed us what we are getting in the next 12 months this year, and I liked that.

I cant say for sure that if we get a sizzle trailer for, I don't know, a Crash Bandicoot game, or Syphon Filter, that I have any idea when they will get released.

Im too old, and been sucked in too many times to care about an announce of something so far out any more.

So I don't get the clambering for new ip, unless it followed up by a solidish release date.

If Sony come out and announces Syphon Filter as a sizzle trailer, I dont care.
If Sony comes out and shows us Syphon Filter and say its out in the next 12 months, then yeah I do really give a dam.

Last edited:

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6514679]I'll probably get that, don't think I'm buying into these super systems though.[/QUOTE]

You say that now.....

[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 6514681]Positives: 2 games I liked. Both exclusive. One of them I rated very highly. (Scalebound).

Negatives: Barely any exclusive software showings. Barely any new exclusive games shown.

I gave it a half full score for 2 games. Scalebound, and to a lesser extent for Sea of Thieves. Out of how many games shown? Seems generous enough.

And sure, there is certainly a difference. If MS was better software wise, I'd rate them better.

I get it. You have a persecution complex. Your chosen brand is less popular by a large margin worldwide, and objectively has fewer games to play.

For me however, when the PS3 went through hard times, I raged at Sony for a good few years on this forum. And I didn't jump in until 2011, when I felt it was finally worth a purchase. I still do rage at them they $#@! up. No one who knows my history will say I don't criticize Sony.[/QUOTE]

LOL persecution complex. Lol. Objectively fewer games. Funny, till uncharted came out in May, I had no exclusive games of interest on the PS4. So much for Killzone, Infamous and the order. (supposed saviors of the PS4)

I never discusses/mentioned you and any kind of criticism (or lack thereof) of sony. Just discussing MS

And based on your score evaluation, what will you give nintendo? A 2/10. 0/10. What about the grades for the various publishee press conferences?

Last edited:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I'd be interesting to see Sony's move. Will they upgrade their Neo or will they price it cheaper than the Scorpio?

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6514687]I'd be interesting to see Sony's move. Will they upgrade their Neo or will they price it cheaper than the Scorpio?[/QUOTE]

I feel they'd be mad not to upgrade their Neo.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
As for the conference:

PC/Xbox now ubiquitous, opens up the player base with cross play.

-Forza Horizon - I skipped 2, but will be getting this.
-Halo Wars 2 -Day one purchase
-Scalebound -Looks good, but will wait for reviews I'm weary of Japanese games.
-Sea of thieves, not my type of game being all MMO ish, but I cna imagine clans/clubs gorups will have fun with it.
-Gears of War, of course Im getting it.
-State of Decay 2 - the first one was very hard.
-Dead Rising -dont care.
-Recore, yeha will be getting this depending on reviews, looks fun.

Other highlights for me?

Design your own Xbox controller?, hell yes please.

Surprise of the show for me?

We happy few-loved it.
Gwent -a card game I actually understand.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6514687]I'd be interesting to see Sony's move. Will they upgrade their Neo or will they price it cheaper than the Scorpio?[/QUOTE]

They would be crazy to charge the same as scorpio for lesser specs.

[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6514691]I'm guessing upgrade. But technically wasn't the Neo basically sounding just like what the One S is?[/QUOTE]

Rumor was 4.x teraflops. So no, not just like a slimmer/redesigned existing console.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514693]They would be crazy to charge the same as scorpio for lesser specs.

Rumor was 4.x teraflops. So no, not just like a slimmer/redesigned existing console.[/QUOTE]

i never saw the specs. Just that it was an upgraded faster system. I'm sure that's why they pulled it because they knew MS had something more powerful.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
I really dont know how I feel about the Scorpio, I mean , its a beast, I'm just not sure what the impact will be.
Now in saying that, I can see (and have posted before ) on where MS is going, if they can do it it's bloody smart.

Build you game, compile for 5 different platforms..bang your done.
They can already compile games for Xbox ONE, PC, iOS, Android from the one set of source code.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6514695]i never saw the specs. Just that it was an upgraded faster system. I'm sure that's why they pulled it because they knew MS had something more powerful.[/QUOTE]

Or that they want to reveal it at a different time (closer to release perhaps?) Like gamescom or TGS. This is assuming that they aren't upgrading it to reach parity with scorpio.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="EHY893, post: 6514690]I feel they'd be mad not to upgrade their Neo.[/QUOTE]
That's so exciting. MS is striking back with all they have.
If Sony could put a 4K capable machine out this fall, they will continue dominating the market for years to come. If not, they might be in trouble.
One thing is certain, Sony has big decisions to make in a very short time.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514668].

Why would they need to do anything when the consoles are selling so well?[/QUOTE]

They don't NEED to do anything, I just want them to for nostalgia :lol:

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6514686]
LOL persecution complex. Lol. Objectively fewer games. Funny, till uncharted came out in May, I had no exclusive games of interest on the PS4. So much for Killzone, Infamous and the order. (supposed saviors of the PS4)[/QUOTE]

You certainly do have a persecution complex. It was prevalent with PS3 owners as well, so its easy to spot.

PS4 never needed a 'savior'. Xbone did. And still does. It has fewer exclusives, and worse rated exclusives. Fact. And it will continue to do so it seems, judging by Phil's closing down of studios and tepid first party output.

1st party games vs 1st party games? I give it to Sony fairly easily.

Total number of exclusives including 3rd party output? I give it Sony overwhelmingly.

The PS4 is easily the better games machine, I won't even entertain an argument otherwise. The only reason to get a Xbone is if you are specifically a fan of the brand, and like Halo/Gears/Forza. If you are ambivalent to both as brands, its clear that the PS4 is the better games machine.

I never discusses/mentioned you and any kind of criticism (or lack thereof) of sony. Just discussing MS
It was relevant to the discussion, I'm sorry if you didn't make the connection. I've criticized the hell out of Sony and was close to jumping ship at one point. They got better.

So if MS was better, I'd rate them better. Simple to digest yes?

If you need specific appeasement, I remember quite clearly on this forum, giving MS the edge for its launch line up just before the PS4 and Xbone released. I said they had a solid launch line up, and that Sony's was average at best, with Killzone Shadow Fall carrying all the weight.

And based on your score evaluation, what will you give nintendo? A 2/10. 0/10. What about the grades for the various publishee press conferences?
Do Nintendo even have an E3 conference? As far as I know the only thing we will be getting is some blowout for their open-world Zelda game. That's a very different kind of presentation. If it demos well, it will get a good score from me. Zelda being my favorite IP in gaming, means I'm very hopeful that it will be good.

As for the grades of EA, Activition, Ubisoft etc?

I never watch those. Period. Zero interest in their output. I only watch the console holder conferences.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 6514704]You certainly do have a persecution complex. It was prevalent with PS3 owners as well, so its easy to spot.

PS4 never needed a 'savior'. Xbone did. And still does. It has fewer exclusives, and worse rated exclusives. Fact. And it will continue to do so it seems, judging by Phil's closing down of studios and tepid first party output.

1st party games vs 1st party games? I give it to Sony fairly easily.

Total number of exclusives including 3rd party output? I give it Sony overwhelmingly.

The PS4 is easily the better games machine, I won't even entertain an argument otherwise. The only reason to get a Xbone is if you are specifically a fan of the brand, and like Halo/Gears/Forza. If you are ambivalent to both as brands, its clear that the PS4 is the better games machine.

It was relevant to the discussion, I'm sorry if you didn't make the connection. I've criticized the hell out of Sony and was close to jumping ship at one point. They got better.

So if MS was better, I'd rate them better. Simple to digest yes?

If you need specific appeasement, I remember quite clearly on this forum, giving MS the edge for its launch line up just before the PS4 and Xbone released. I said they had a solid launch line up, and that Sony's was average at best, with Killzone Shadow Fall carrying all the weight.

Do Nintendo even have an E3 conference? As far as I know the only thing we will be getting is some blowout for their open-world Zelda game. That's a very different kind of presentation. If it demos well, it will get a good score from me. Zelda being my favorite IP in gaming, means I'm very hopeful that it will be good.

As for the grades of EA, Activition, Ubisoft etc?

I never watch those. Period. Zero interest in their output. I only watch the console holder conferences.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok. If you say so, it must be true.

And lol at definitively putting out an objective statement about subjective standards.

People only care about the games that appeal to them. It is irrelevant if X console has more 1st party exclusives over Y console or more exclusives overall including 3rd party if those games do not appeal to the individual.

And the quality of a games console is not just definitively defined by the number of exclusives (or even games) it has. There are far too many variables/qualifiers that lead to that conclusion.

But of course since you said it, it must be true.

Nintendo does have a E3 press event. 2 actually. On Tuesday and Wed.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6514714]Just realized
Xbox 2001
Xbox 360 2005

So this isn't exactly new ground for MS.[/QUOTE]

And it turned out great for them. And us, now that I think of the PS3 release. lol

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6514714]Just realized
Xbox 2001
Xbox 360 2005

So this isn't exactly new ground for MS.[/QUOTE]

The XBOX was late to the party though wasn't it? They were trying to get ahead of the Sony cycle if I remember correctly. PS2 had already been out for 18 months