[Official] New Forums -- Feedback Thread

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
What's up all!

I think it's safe to say we all noticed that we've crossed over to a new dimension of PSU :D
But.. With great power comes great responsibility.
Or in other words, it's new but there's obviously some bugs or things that need to be fixed/changed.

For ease, here's a feedback thread where you can spill your gut!
Found a bug? Got any complaints? Tips? Questions? It all fits here, in the official feedback thread!

We will have a list of issues and pointers right in this post, so you can keep up to date with it.
So without further-ado;

The list of issues/pointers!
1. Subscribers forum needs to be fixed
2. On the dark theme there's the possbility to see more info underneath a user's name and avatar; the white theme does not have that.
3. Signatures are not editable at the moment
4. Sidebar on the white skin has no hide-option
5. Sidebar's hide option resets each refresh - won't stay hidden
6. Logo has yet to be changed to PSU on the topleft
7. Revise the roles and their permissions

Suggestions
Tweaking the skins
- Some options are not available on one skin, but are on the other
- More wide-screen support? Lots of lost space on the current skins

Last edited:

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Anyone got any ideas on how we can get people coming back. We're going to send a mail out to our mailing list, but I'm stumped as to how we can get people posting again. There's a fair few lurkers.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Someone change the xenforo image at the top lol. Also, need to figure out getting the quote format to change over. All the quoted posts from the previous software are showing as someone didn't close the tags. Old system used member names, while the new system uses member id numbers.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Anyone got any ideas on how we can get people coming back. We're going to send a mail out to our mailing list, but I'm stumped as to how we can get people posting again. There's a fair few lurkers.
Just need to keep posting new threads with updated news on all sides of the gaming platforms. Does PSU have a YouTube channel? That could certainly gain traffic for the forum.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Please increase the avatar sizes in the left side of posts to the size they appear in profile pages and quick reply (192x192 or 200x200). Right now, it barely surpasses 100x100.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Do you know if most people were using Tapatalk before the forum migration? Good idea on the mailing list.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Just to clarify, it's not an immediate issue. I'm actually more concerned with the issue of spam. I know Brandon said before the forum migration that their spam filter/Mod CP wasn't working properly. Hopefully that's been sorted with what Xenforo has to offer.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Just to clarify, it's not an immediate issue. I'm actually more concerned with the issue of spam. I know Brandon said before the forum migration that their spam filter/Mod CP wasn't working properly. Hopefully that's been sorted with what Xenforo has to offer.
There should be less bots that get through (if not none at all), but we're still going to have issue with actual people posting crap.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah, going to try posting as much as possible. The forums are acutally pretty decent on google. Hoping the more we post, the more eyes will be on it and people will come back. Yeah, Tapatalk is throwing errors at the forums so there must be people trying to use it. We're just waiting for them to release the update so we can add it.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Just need to keep posting new threads with updated news on all sides of the gaming platforms. Does PSU have a YouTube channel? That could certainly gain traffic for the forum.
We've got a YT channel but we don't really have anyone to man it. It's inconsistent.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I was just wondering about the dark theme. There isn't enough contrast between the posts and the background imho.

The background is dark, the post cards are dark, the user details to the left are dark... the only thing that breaks this is a really dull blue highlights for select text and buttons.

Is there a possibility that the user area to the left be Blue-ified(or any colour-ified) to some degree? It just seems like the opposite of a blank white theme at the moment...

i just used the current blue as a mock up.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I was just wondering about the dark theme. There isn't enough contrast between the posts and the background imho.

The background is dark, the post cards are dark, the user details to the left are dark... the only thing that breaks this is a really dull blue highlights for select text and buttons.

Is there a possibility that the user area to the left be Blue-ified(or any colour-ified) to some degree? It just seems like the opposite of a blank white theme at the moment...

I honestly agree - hence why I went for the light skin. Feels better than the dark skin right now. It's not just dark, it's just.. Too monotone? Needs more diversity in the dark colours.
I set it under a new header "Suggestions" in the top post :)

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
You should see an arrow underneath your name that expands user details such as post count. Let me know if you don’t.
On the white skin it's not the case - you can click on the name, which gives a pop-up with said info.
On the dark skin you have an arrow that you can click that'll show you a few things though.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
On the white skin it's not the case - you can click on the name, which gives a pop-up with said info.
On the dark skin you have an arrow that you can click that'll show you a few things though.
Yeah, nothing shows up with the light theme.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

I propose that, instead of blue, we make it dark gray to match the very top of the forums.

There would also be no need to change the color of the username text and staff usertitles that share the same color.

Last edited:

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
Could you guys check teh Introduce Yourself section? There are weird threads made by some really really weird people or maybe not people .. perhaps they are things? Because I don’t think humans spam with too many links nowadays ? Or maybe they’re too bored.. -__-“ anyway check them ASAP. It‘s spam!