Official Personal PS3 Picture and Setup Thread

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Astrals_Fire, post: 0]Hey Tech, you grow up in lubbock? Im from a small little town just 50 miles south of there...in Lamesa. By te way, you got to lose the RED RAIDER crap UT man!!! Hook em Horns![/quote]

Nah I didn't grow up, I'm currently going to Tech as a junior.. I know two guys from Lamesa, I've never driven through it but from what I hear it's really tiny. And my Tech stuff... it's only going to grow throughout the year as we get closer to school and my 3rd roommate moves in. Wreck 'em!

Jul 3, 2008
[QUOTE="uofmtiger, post: 0]Nice setup Layd Dly. I think we have the same stand in our main systems.[/quote]

Thanks. Init 63" from Best Buy ;)

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
[QUOTE="Layd Dly, post: 0]
Newly Dedicated Home Theater / Office
-Samsung 61" LED DLP 61A750
-harman/kardon AVR 247
-Sony Playstation 3
-Microsoft Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On
-Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC HD-DVR
-Logitech Harmony One
-elemental Designs A6-6T6 Towers - Mains
-elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM - Center Channel
-elemental Designs A6-5T5 MTM - Rear Surrounds
-elemental Designs A2-300 - 12" Subwoofer

Before my new Tv and Stand Arrived

Sorry the room doesn't let my pics turn out very good, still needs a coat of paint, and some decorating, its only about 3-4 weeks old

Some Screenshots

Living Room
-Westinghouse 42" 1080P TX-42F430S
-Yamaha HTR-5930
-Nintendo Wii
-Sony PlayStation 2
-SA 8300HD HD-DVR
-Yamaha Satellites
-Yamaha 100w Subwoofer

Before i moved all my good gear upstairs, you get the idea. Will Update When i get some pics.

Bedroom (No Pics)
32" Westinghouse 720P LTV-32w6
Nintendo Gamecube w/GBA Player
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation 1
Nintendo 64
[/quote]

LOL, judging from the second Pic, is your new dlp like 5 feet from the couch (futon maybe)?

[QUOTE="Layd Dly, post: 0]Thanks. Init 63" from Best Buy ;)[/quote]
Yep, same stand. It took a long time for me to decide on that one, but the price and mainly the open design won out.

Before i moved all my good gear upstairs, you get the idea. Will Update When i get some pics.
Just curious, why did you move to the other room? Seems like the living room area would support more movie watchers.

x43x

May 21, 2008
[QUOTE="the_rider, post: 3034356]Wow x43x, playing ps3 on a B&W speakers setup seems/sound amazing lol.[/quote]

It is! It's the first time I've had a gaming system hooked up to surround sound. Makes the experience so much better. The B&W's blow away the Boston Acoustic setup I had previously.

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Layd Dly, post: 0]Newly Dedicated Home Theater / Office
-Samsung 61" LED DLP 61A750
-harman/kardon AVR 247
-Sony Playstation 3
-Microsoft Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On
-Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC HD-DVR
-Logitech Harmony One
-elemental Designs A6-6T6 Towers - Mains
-elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM - Center Channel
-elemental Designs A6-5T5 MTM - Rear Surrounds
-elemental Designs A2-300 - 12" Subwoofer

Before my new Tv and Stand Arrived

Sorry the room doesn't let my pics turn out very good, still needs a coat of paint, and some decorating, its only about 3-4 weeks old

Some Screenshots

Living Room
-Westinghouse 42" 1080P TX-42F430S
-Yamaha HTR-5930
-Nintendo Wii
-Sony PlayStation 2
-SA 8300HD HD-DVR
-Yamaha Satellites
-Yamaha 100w Subwoofer

Bedroom (No Pics)
32" Westinghouse 720P LTV-32w6
Nintendo Gamecube w/GBA Player
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation 1
Nintendo 64[/quote]

Are you happy with your elemental Designs I thimnk i am going to get them.

Jul 3, 2008
[QUOTE="steakline, post: 0]Are you happy with your elemental Designs I thimnk i am going to get them.[/quote]

Very Very happy, i love them best spearkers bar none for the price. And since i moved my good stuff up stairs i plain on buying 3 more A6-5T5's for my fronts and 2 A6-5TC's surrounds for my living room to replace my yamaha satellite's. I also have a eD 12" 13ov2 that i also love.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Living Room(pics taking with cellphone lol srry)
-1 60gig ps3
-wall mounted BostonBravo II(5.1)
-BostonPV500 subwoofers
-Yamaha HTR-5930 av receiver
-1080p 50' Philips Ambilight

My Room(were i do most of my gaming)
-1 60gig ps3(with external 500gig HDD, split into two 250/250)
-logitech X-530(5 speakers)
-1080p 32' Aquos sharp

two launch 60gigs

front left, center and front right speakers

right rear speakers

left rear speakers

sub

receiver

my room

Feb 26, 2008
Wow some of you people have nice setups
heres to the audiophiles out there like myself who enjoy a good digital surround sound experience

Dec 31, 2006
I am a SONY homer.

Primary Unit:
40" XBR
Launch 60
Sony Receiver (Next update)
Bose 191 in-wall (6)
Polk 10" Sub (2nd priority update)
Newton Center

* The cables have been cleaned up, and don't hold me accountable for the ABBA CD--it is the wife's. ;)

Secondary Unit:(Camera Phone)

42" Grand Wega

40 GB PS3

Mar 28, 2007
Lol BigNupe - I think I might have to flog the old stuff to help fund the new stuff so sorry mate !! Thanks for the compliment earlier :D- my DVD & Blu-Ray collection is rather miniscule compared to most other peeps as to be honest I'm a bit of a fussy git where flicks are concerned lol, but I'll post a pic of it anyways maybe ?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Alright so today after I got the call from Best Buy about my TV being here tomorrow morning I decided to go ahead and get my new TV stand today.

I got it set up and everything, though with my 32" it looks a bit weird because the stand seems to dwarf the TV. Anyways, here's the room as it looks now with the new stand/old TV.

MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
[QUOTE="bonehead848, post: 0]gorgeous set up 43. Here are a couple pics of mine. I am building the center as we speak. Surrounds are next. I will get some better pics later. This one is just to show where the sub is located (the grate above the tv). The mains were also built by me. Some of the best speakers I have ever heard.

[/quote]

Awesome! I never thought about putting a sub in the attic above the setup! What kind of sub are you using in that setup? I am taking it that it is a car audio sub?

[QUOTE="mrnagy88, post: 0]lol, some of you need to move your speakers away from your TV, otherwise you've got this weird 3.1 or 1.1 thing going, where all the front channels are coming from one place :p

I want to say that this thread is the exact opposite of 56k friendly, and using 'reveal' still makes your computer download the pics... you just don't see them till you click.
at least delete your pics from the individual posts at the bottom so they are not posted twice, once the OP takes your pics and adds them to the OP.

My system:
  • Logitech z5500's 5.1 with 10" Sub (boom boom) mostly wall mounted
  • one of those Sharp Aquos televisions, 26" 480p (ED)
    • That's okay though cause I haven't bought a PS3 yet
      • Will be buying that PS3 in the next month or so
  • I own about 10 Blu-Rays but they are on loan at my Bro's, house who does have a PS3
pics:

Yes, it's a real bunny.
I need to upgrade my wires and get longer ones, those are what come in the box... the 2 longer wires I used for the centre and front right channel...

Painted the room myself, what do you think?[/quote]

Haa haa, I think we have the same couch/sofa set! You can barely see mine in my photos, but it looks identical to mine!

[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 0]Alright so today after I got the call from Best Buy about my TV being here tomorrow morning I decided to go ahead and get my new TV stand today.

I got it set up and everything, though with my 32" it looks a bit weird because the stand seems to dwarf the TV. Anyways, here's the room as it looks now with the new stand/old TV.

[/quote]

I see you frequent Chick-fila! Chicken Mini's FTW!

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw®, post: 0]I see you frequent Chick-fila! Chicken Mini's FTW![/quote]

Oh yea, it's probably my 2nd favorite fast food place. We only have one here (that's not in a mall) and it's so far away... but good thing it is otherwise I would eat there much more often.

May 10, 2006
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw®, post: 0]Awesome! I never thought about putting a sub in the attic above the setup! What kind of sub are you using in that setup? I am taking it that it is a car audio sub?
![/quote]
It is called an infinite baffle and there are very very few subs that can match in in terms of output and clarity. It is 2 18" fi IB subwoofers. They are made for HT use and are powered by about 1600 watts. It is essentially a sealed box with my attic being the box. This allows it to get down to like 11Hz but still have a ton of output in higher frequencies.

You can see build pics here
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...ians-dual-fi-18-ib-giveaway-build-thread.html

Mar 28, 2007
[QUOTE="PhinheadLR, post: 0] and don't hold me accountable for the ABBA CD--it is the wife's. ;)

[/quote]
Oi ! Abba are great !!;) Nice setup Phinhead.:D

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Alright, guys, I just got done unboxing my TV and getting it setup.

Samsung 46" 1080p LCD
Sony Bravia 5.1 Surround Sound
PS3 40GB (w/ 320GB HDD)

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
^ Awesome setup!

[QUOTE="rykomatsu, post: 0]Going to a stereo setup soon
Glow One Amp
JohnBlue Audio JB3
Currently, though:

Small Living Room

• TV - Philips 42" 1080p LCD w/ Ambilight (42PFL7432D)
  • Samsung HT-AS720 5.1 Surround
  • 60GB NTSC-J Playstation 3
  • 20GB NTSC-J Xbox360
  • HTPC

• Intel E8400 Core2Duo
  • Shuttle XPC SP35P2 Pro
  • Visiontek ATI Radeon 3450
  • Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb (x3)
  • Logitech diNovo Media Desktpo Laser
  • Laurier Senna Collection 60"
[/quote]

I really like yours since it's nice and clean, can't see any of the wires.

B

batman_begins

i just have to say... BOW TO THE MASTERS! you're all awesome in your setups. esp. THE FORCE's. just stunning.

rykomatsu

Forum Elder
Sep 24, 2007
jpn-games.blogspot.com
[QUOTE="the_End, post: 0]I really like yours since it's nice and clean, can't see any of the wires.[/quote]

Thanks :) That was one of the main considerations I had for selecting a TV stand. Since everything is enclosed, it was a little hot, but I was able to mount a few fans inside to blow the hot air out when necessary. Right now I have to flip a switch to get the fans running, but I'd eventually like to have them turn on automatically once the temps hit a certain level.

The PC stays surprisingly cool even when it's brute forcing its way through 1080p h.264 videos.

Strudel

Forum Elder
Sep 2, 2007
England, UK
www.playfire.com
32" Panasonic Viera 1080p (this is my Mums, I'm getting a 37" 1080p Motion pro 2 version for when I move back to uni)
5.1 Panasonic Viera Surround Sound (left it back at uni (didn't fit in the car, its pretty huge))
60GB PS3 (upgraded to 120GB) with 160GB Maxtor external HDD
Xbox 360 Arcade with 20GB HDD (not in picture)
Wii with 1GB SD card
PSP with 4GB mem card
ipod 80GB video model
Xbox hacked with 250GB HDD.
PS2
N64

[QUOTE="rykomatsu, post: 0]Thanks :) That was one of the main considerations I had for selecting a TV stand. Since everything is enclosed, it was a little hot, but I was able to mount a few fans inside to blow the hot air out when necessary. Right now I have to flip a switch to get the fans running, but I'd eventually like to have them turn on automatically once the temps hit a certain level.

The PC stays surprisingly cool even when it's brute forcing its way through 1080p h.264 videos.[/quote]I almost bought this stand. I really liked the lights mounted inside (you should get a shot with the lights on). However, I was worried about the heat generated by my receiver and the PS3. It sounds like you found a solution to the problem, though.:cool:

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="xcalibur, post: 0]HOLY CRAP
you guys have some serious sick systems.
I almost feel emmbarassed with my 32" Samsung :[/quote]

I had a 32" up until yesterday, so don't feel too bad.

rykomatsu

Forum Elder
Sep 24, 2007
jpn-games.blogspot.com
[QUOTE="uofmtiger, post: 0]I almost bought this stand. I really liked the lights mounted inside (you should get a shot with the lights on). However, I was worried about the heat generated by my receiver and the PS3. It sounds like you found a solution to the problem, though.:cool:[/quote]

Laurier's sending me an AC adapter for it. I bought the floor model (can't beat $200 out the door for that stand) and it didn't have the adapter so that's why no pics yet :p

neojubei

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2006
my.1up.com
Thought I'd post my weak yet still good setup. I do not have the audio setup yet, but I will in the fall. :rolleyes:

Some of my games, although this is an older pic, I'll update later. I'm too lazy to take a recent one. :sleep:

Feb 15, 2007
Here's my setup :

• Dell 2208WFP Ultrasharp
  • Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital
  • Sony Playstation 3 60gb
  • Sixaxis Controller
  • DualShock 3 Controller
  • WD Passport portable USB drive 160gb