Official poll: We need a name!!

Rebon

Master Poster
Dec 8, 2003
www.psu.com
Hey guys!

For the gaming social networking (basically a MySpace for gamers, but way way better) that Morph and I are making, we need a name.

The current two candidates are g4mer.com and www.gamelife.com - what do you think?

Be honest!

Rebon

L

leukoplast

I chose gamelife since g4mer might get confused with G4 TV. Plus gamelife just sounds better.

Nov 28, 2006
[QUOTE="leukoplast, post: 0]I chose gamelife since g4mer might get confused with G4 TV. Plus gamelife just sounds better.[/quote]

I think g4mer.com would be better because it sounds like g4 tv and thus more easily recognized...

B

BabeBro

I say gamelife.com because G4 would be affiliated w/ G4 Tv.
I also think gamelife describes more of the experience and will
attract more people.

Aug 26, 2005
I'd say gamespace.com but gamelife.com is good too. I don't like g4mer because it's a little harder to type in because of the 4.

Pong

Veteran
Oct 10, 2006
Colorado
I voted for gamelife.com because it simply describes what you want: a gaming social network site.

It's catchy, easy to remember and it makes sense.

QuickSilverD

Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2006
How about Gaming.com

it sure is simple and easy to remember, not to mention imagine all the people that would just ramdomly find the site

Fangrim

Stupid Git
Sep 28, 2006
I got a few suggestions, I checked them all for domain name availability too ;o)

I read the official thread about what you guys are trying to do, and tried to make a few names from that.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=81971

Here are my suggestions (note that it's almost impossible to think of a .com that's not already taken (especially if you're using normal words as domain name), so I went with .net instead for some of my suggestions:

www.socialgamer.net
www.mygamerspace.net
www.mysocialgamespace.com

Ordell

Dedicated Member
Jun 25, 2007
Voted for gamelife.com, because of the aforementioned reason, that it's too close to G4 TV, though it's good on its own, too. Otherwise, I really like the term 'hardcore' to describe people like 'us'. Hence:

hardcoregamer.com
hardcoregame.com
hardcoregaming.com