Official Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Discussion Thread of Loot and Magic.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006

You guys can post your PSN ID here
Platforms
PS3
PC

Story
T-Energy has been flowing through Ancaria since time immemorial. This mysterious power forms the beginning of all life, is the source of all magic and the origin of all thought.

For a long time it was the angelic Seraphim who watched over the T-Energy and therefore over the fate of the entire world. They passed their knowledge on to the High Elves, so that they could benefit from T-Energy. T-Energy helped the realm of the High Elves to experience an incomparable boost of prosperity, making it the reigning culture in Ancaria.

A force which contains the enormous power of T-Energy carries great dangers. The children of Ancaria were not taught how to deal with this.

Soon there was a heated dispute among the High Elves as to how and to what purpose the T-Energy was to be used. Every party wanted to use the power. The dispute changed to irresolvable conflict, causing a rift between the High Elves. A terrible Civil War raged among the High Elves, resulting in all participants becoming losers. Their realm collapsed and with it the entire power structure.

Other peoples surged forward to pressure Ancaria and were ready to seize the power for themselves in order to take the place of the High Elves. Dispute covered the entire realm. Apart from the devastation of war, a further calamity intruded into Ancaria. The T-Energy went out of control!

The once creative power of the T-Energy now changed into something negative. Creatures and animals mutated beyond recognition, entire regions became un-inhabitable, cities and villages were destroyed.

The nobility as well as the clerical caste of the High Elves struggled to seize power over the High Elf imperium, so that they alone might control the T-Energy. The land is once more faced with war; a war that is much larger, with more far reaching consequences than all previous wars and battles.

Two thousand years before Shaddar the cry for heroes arises to avert this war and to regain control over the T-Energy. But who will answer it? Heroes who strive to prevent the world from lapsing into final chaos, or those who deepen it?
Characters

Gameplay and Features
The fast 3-D action, a multitude of effects, realistic physical features and beautiful animations of the intricate Hi-Res models create a huge and realistic game world, which does not require any reloading.

An innovative emotional system and the depiction of an authentic world give life to both friend and foe. A further striking component of the graphic presentation is the unique Gore Feedback, which displays the strength and power of the player's own game character.

"Sacred 2" is the superb 3D enhanced sequel to the original Sacred, and provides more action, monsters, scenes, weapons, combos and feedback for even more fun.

Key Features

A massive, seamless and dynamic world delivering hundreds of hours of free-form exploration

Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path

Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation

Modifiable combat arts: change, upgrade and link together your alter ego’s combat skills to match your playing style

Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control; equip and upgrade your character’s unlockable special mount.

Deities offer unique combat disciplines and unlock additional quests.

The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes via LAN, the Internet, or Xbox Live

Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative, PvP and PvE play

Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics and Dolby™ 5.1 channel surround sound utilize the latest technologies for a truly immersive experience

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements:

* 2.4 GHz processor
* 1 GB RAM
* Graphics card 256 MB, from nVidia® GeForce™ 6800 or ATI® Radeon™
* DirectX compatible sound card
* DVD-ROM drive
* 20 GB free Hard Drive (HDD) space
* Windows XP, XP64, Vista, Vista64
* DirectX 9.0d (included with game)

Recommended requirements for a fast, smooth-running game:

Dual Core 2.0 GHz processor

* 2 GB RAM
* Graphics card 512 MB, ab nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS oder ATI Radeon HD 3870
* DVD-ROM drive
* Sound Blaster® X-Fi™(DirectX 9.0d [for XP] or DirectX 10.0 [for Vista] compatible), with surround speakers or headphones
* Mouse with mouse wheel
* 25 GB free Hard Drive (HDD) space
* Microsoft Windows XP (32 / 64 Bit) with Service Pack 3 / Vista 32 / 64 Bit) with Service Pack 1
* DirectX 9.0d (included with game)
* Optional: DSL modem or network card for multiplayer games
Vids
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkUAF0fv4E"]YouTube - Sacred 2: Fallen Angel "Coop" Trailer[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUSnptbj5W0"]YouTube - Sacred 2 High Elf - Seraphim Island Gameplay Test[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGlWsjegLPo"]YouTube - Sacred 2 Dungeon Crawl[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4YRmsoOUjU"]YouTube - Sacred 2 Fallen Angel: Inquisitor Mount[/ame]

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="I_Luv_2_Game, post: 0]@LoudNinja is this game a RPG.. Is there any information on this game? Was this game on the ps2?? Or are there any trailer or gameplay footage on this game???[/quote]

Yes its an RPG the game just came out,so yeah plenty of footage around youtube. :D

S

SnowHawk

I still have to wait till the 5th for this but I have pre-ordered it.

I might be the high elf or the race that can have the sabre tooth as a mount.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]Yeah, I want that cute sabertooth tiger as well. I think it's the Seraphim class?[/quote]

Yep,so far I am really enjoying the game :D

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Is there offline coop?

So you can play the main campaign with a friend next to you? If so, I might buy it. Also, if there's offline coop, how will the accounts be managed/saved?

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
How are the accounts managed offline in coop?

Are the levels/loot saved and can you log into two different PSN accounts?

Is this game like and MMO or like GTA IV? A little confused :lol:

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Here's a review I'm watching...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usZYkn9k5Wc"]YouTube - Sacred 2 - First Impressions[/ame]

Sadly, quite a few reviewers aren't too happy with this. It's a good thing I don't listen to them though.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="gruddy, post: 0]How are the accounts managed offline in coop?

Are the levels/loot saved and can you log into two different PSN accounts?

Is this game like and MMO or like GTA IV? A little confused :lol:[/quote]
In the XO version you can log in with different accounts, but at the moment the offline coop doesn't allow you to log-in to two accounts on PS3 (like Resistance 2 does, right?), because it's not "build-in" in PS3 as it is in XO. The devs have said they'll fix this, though, because they now know how to add it into the PS3 version as well. If you want to have the best experience, then you should probably wait for the patch and see if it'll actually fix the problem. One problem the patch should definitely fix is the one where you can't even trade stuff with your coop parter in offline mode. But yeah, if you're more interested in the offline coop, I'd say you should probably wait for a week or two to see if they'll release a patch that would fix at least the trading-problem.

And from those two it's perhaps a bit closer to a MMO game than GTA, but it's not quite like that either. It's really just a hack 'n slash game with a great amount of customization and a huge world with tons of missions to do.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Are you just copying it via ctr+c and pasting by ctrl+v?

Look at the bottom left of your screen, under the posting rules. Does it say something is off?

Thanks Azu. I can't buy a game now anyway. I'll wait untill mid June and if a patch isn't released, I'll get RE5 instead.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
By they way do not play on bronze.its way to easy according to the manual.

My Shadow Warrior reach level 3 and I found this very nice shield.I have not done a single quest I just been fighting enemies and reading gravestones.

Edit:Thanks for the vids gruddy :D

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="gruddy, post: 0]That's ok.

I'll try find more videos later and if you don't mind, I can add them to the OP.[/quote]

Yeah I dont mind at all,thanks for the help,time to go play some more. :D

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
I added some videos to the OP.

I'm downloading the PC demo to try it out. If I enjoy it, I'll pick it up next month.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Tried the PC demo and it was average.

I definetly wouldn't buy it to play alone. Coop might be good but I won't be picking it up anytime soon. Especially with the technical issues in the console versions.

Dissapointing.

P209

Master Poster
Jun 19, 2006
picking it up this weekend i'm hoping my mates will also if not I'll be looking for a few people to go online and co op with...

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="krazey2k, post: 0]Console version seems higly improved according to a friend.
I've not played for long but it seems good.
Not amazing graphics but the game seems solid.
New video which shows one of the bosses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsJv12pkix4[/quote]

Actually I think they are good considering the massive size of the game, it also have a day and night cycle.

This game is really fun,I am level 23 now,the enemies comes at you in massive numbers ,I killed over 3000 already. :D

shadowrth

Superior Member
Mar 19, 2007
i'm playing through campaign is there anyway i can play online with my brother without losing my progress in campaign i'm like 30% done i don't want to start all over? +rep