Official Sony CES website launched!

Grym

Master Poster
Dec 31, 2005
Don't expect too much. I remember the hype around it last year and nothing good came from it. They showcased PS3+RSX playing back Blu-ray in 1080p over HDMI though.

mone

Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2006
Again don't expect to much from this conference. In fact, sony is only dedicating 1 hour specifically to it on Tuesday Jan 9.

Any big announcements about the PS3, will still come form the downscaled E3 in IMHO opinion or before.

sonics6

Superior Member
Apr 15, 2006
I don't think they will make any Playstation announcements - but I will be watching the Sony booth very closely because I want to see what TV's they will release in 2007. I am planning to pick up an HDTV with my PS3 sometime in May so any news on what HDTV's will be available then will be very welcome!

Shau - Kenshin

Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2005
Looks like we are reliving the days of no info on the PS3 looking at events that are down the pipe, and prepairing to be disapointed again. Dudes, the PS3 is OUT get it and play it, if not, waith for the games you like and get it then!

The events really (if at all) will just show software, nothing as monumental as the PS3 was last year.

ecurb2369

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
www.countdownhobbies.com
Yes this should be when they make the HUGE push to claim Blu-ray will be the cominant next-gen format...

They will be able to show how many millions of players will be on the market, which in turn will result in most PS3 buyers to at least TRY a Blu-ray disc which in turn results in sales...

Microsoft cant compete with Sony once the PS3 sales hit into the multi millions that is millions of users wanting to view HD Blu-ray movies...