Official UFC/MMA Thread

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
I agree Rampage was a character, I liked him on Season 7 despite things never went his way, got totally outcoached.
Good old Amir Sadollah :D one of my favourites, owned Dollaway twice.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Poida, post: 0]I agree Rampage was a character, I liked him on Season 7 despite things never went his way, got totally outcoached.
Good old Amir Sadollah :D one of my favourites, owned Dollaway twice.[/quote]
I'm a fan of Sadollah's as well. He's got screwed in his last fight with the early stoppage.

Did you watch the Kimbo vs Roy "Big Country" fight on The Ultimate Fighter? What did you think about it.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]I'm a fan of Sadollah's as well. He's got screwed in his last fight with the early stoppage.

Did you watch the Kimbo vs Roy "Big Country" fight on The Ultimate Fighter? What did you think about it.[/quote]
Nah havent seen the recent Ultimate Fighter yet, will witness it when it hits dvd :D I love the Ultimate Fighting series.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Well, Rampage still is one of my favorite fighters and it sucks that he left the UFC. Kimbo really needs to work on his takedown defense to become close to a MMA fighter. Big Country knew he couldnt stand toe to toe with Kimbo. When he tried he knew Kimbo had some good boxing and heavy hands. The fight overall was boring and I got caught up in the hype a little.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]I'm a fan of Sadollah's as well. He's got screwed in his last fight with the early stoppage.

Did you watch the Kimbo vs Roy "Big Country" fight on The Ultimate Fighter? What did you think about it.[/quote]
Dont start me on that Amir fight haha.
Im so angry that ref called the fight TKO, it was obvious Amir wasnt hurt , he was blocking the freakin punches.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Do you think Machida is going to just walk over Rua or do you think he may put up a decent fight?[/quote]

Hopefully, they'll put on a good fight and I dont see Machida having a walk in the park with Rua. Rua will be Machida's toughest oppenent thus far. Im a fan of Rua and it'll either end in a TKO or ref stoppage for either or.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Do you think Machida is going to just walk over Rua or do you think he may put up a decent fight?[/quote]
I dont think anyones an easy win even for the best, underestimating would be the worst thing to do.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Poida, post: 0]I dont think anyones an easy win even for the best, underestimating would be the worst thing to do.[/quote]

Yeah I anticipate that Rua will put on a good show, still think Machida will get the win though.

Now that Coleman has pulled out of the fight lets hope that Dana can find a better fight to welcome Tito back :p

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Poida, post: 0]Dont start me on that Amir fight haha.
Im so angry that ref called the fight TKO, it was obvious Amir wasnt hurt , he was blocking the freakin punches.[/quote]
Yeah, very questionable.

No way. Rua should be up on his game. But honestly who knows? Anything can happen, Rua could get sick, Machida could get sick etc.. But based on optimistic impressions this should be a great fight!

[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Yeah I anticipate that Rua will put on a good show, still think Machida will get the win though.

Now that Coleman has pulled out of the fight lets hope that Dana can find a better fight to welcome Tito back :p[/quote]
I agree, I'm interested in seeing Tito come back. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. If Tito is up in shape, and sticks to the right game plan he could very well put up a fantastic fight Vs Silva (if it happens).

Speaking of comebacks, Matt Hughes has signed a new contract with the UFC. I can barely hold back my enthusiasm /sarcasm. But on the plus side it should be a good fight when Koscheck beats him. Well good for Koscheck at least....

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]I agree, I'm interested in seeing Tito come back. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. If Tito is up in shape, and sticks to the right game plan he could very well put up a fantastic fight Vs Silva (if it happens).

Speaking of comebacks, Matt Hughes has signed a new contract with the UFC. I can barely hold back my enthusiasm /sarcasm. But on the plus side it should be a good fight when Koscheck beats him. Well good for Koscheck at least....[/quote]

Tito Vs Griffin at 106 is now confirmed. Much better opponent. Full respect for Mark Coleman but he is a little long in the tooth now. This should be a good fight as Forrest is a much more complete fighter now than what he was 3 years ago. I'm a big Tito fan (I love the cockyness and his fighting style) so would love to see him back to his prime but fear he is getting to old to make any big impact on the UFC. If he can beat Griffin I would like to see him fight Rashad again before getting a title shot (either Machida or Rua).

Matt Hughes making a comeback :confused:. Hughes is a great fighter but again it is time for these older guys to step aside and let the young blood have the spotlight.

Now all we need is for Chuck (I'm no calling him twinkle toes :lol:) to come out of retirement for Lidell Vs Ortiz 3 :p

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Tito Vs Griffin at 106 is now confirmed. Much better opponent. Full respect for Mark Coleman but he is a little long in the tooth now. This should be a good fight as Forrest is a much more complete fighter now than what he was 3 years ago. I'm a big Tito fan (I love the cockyness and his fighting style) so would love to see him back to his prime but fear he is getting to old to make any big impact on the UFC. If he can beat Griffin I would like to see him fight Rashad again before getting a title shot (either Machida or Rua).

Matt Hughes making a comeback :confused:. Hughes is a great fighter but again it is time for these older guys to step aside and let the young blood have the spotlight.

Now all we need is for Chuck (I'm no calling him twinkle toes :lol:) to come out of retirement for Lidell Vs Ortiz 3 :p[/quote]

I would like to see Tito fight Rashad. He was close to beating Rashad the first time (lost a point). I disagree that Tito is out of his prime. Tito is a conditioning beast. I think as long as he was training in the downtime he will be up to the challenge.

I was sarcastic about Matt Hugh's "Comeback". His last fight was horrible. I still believe Serra should have won that (It was close but Serra seemed to press it a bit more). He really needs to retire.

I hope you're being sarcastic about Liddell. I respect Liddell but he's just too predictable and has lost his edge. I really wouldn't want to see a Liddell vs anyone.
You kinda lost me there. Are you making a pun on Frank Trigg? I never heard Liddell referenced as Twinkle toes?

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]I would like to see Tito fight Rashad. He was close to beating Rashad the first time (lost a point). I disagree that Tito is out of his prime. Tito is a conditioning beast. I think as long as he was training in the downtime he will be up to the challenge.

I was sarcastic about Matt Hugh's "Comeback". His last fight was horrible. I still believe Serra should have won that (It was close but Serra seemed to press it a bit more). He really needs to retire.

I hope you're being sarcastic about Liddell. I respect Liddell but he's just too predictable and has lost his edge. I really wouldn't want to see a Liddell vs anyone.
You kinda lost me there. Are you making a pun on Frank Trigg? I never heard Liddell referenced as Twinkle toes?[/quote]

Seems Tito has lost some of the fire in his belly as the years have past. I hope I'm wrong and he can tear up the UFC, as I said I'm a big Ortiz fan.

Yes it was a sarcastic remark in regards to Lidell. The twinkle toes thing was just a swipe at him doing Dancing with the Stars, man the UFC must have been paying him badly.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
LOL I was the first to start an MMA tread way back. Glad someone else revived it. Damn I missed the Lyoto Machida knocking out thing with Rashad Evans. TBH I don't want to see Mauricio without doing soccer kicks and hail mary superman dive punches. It just doesn't feel like they way he was in Pride for me.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Anybody saw the WEC fight this past Saturday Cerrone vs Hederson??

Pretty intriguing fight Cerrone couldnt overcome Henderson's takedown but Cerrone almost pulled some vicious submissions. Lord knows how Henderson didnt tap on some DEEP, DEEP chokes that he was caught in. Great fight overall.

Cant wait for WEC's next fight Mike Brown vs Jose Aldo. It'll be "thunder vs lightning"Aldo's speed against Brown's strength.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Anybody saw the WEC fight this past Saturday Cerrone vs Hederson??

Pretty intriguing fight Cerrone couldnt overcome Henderson's takedown but Cerrone almost pulled some vicious submissions. Lord knows how Henderson didnt tap on some DEEP, DEEP chokes that he was caught in. Great fight overall.

Cant wait for WEC's next fight Mike Brown vs Jose Aldo. It'll be "thunder vs lightning"Aldo's speed against Brown's strength.[/quote]
No I missed it, I'm gonna catch it when it re-airs on the 15th. I wish you "spoilered" some of that :( I did watch DREAM 11.
Aoki seemed kinda "whiny" and I think he broke up the flow of the fight. I think Takaya should have won but that was a great fight. Takaya, Tokoro, and Minowaman continue to impress.

[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Does Rampage still have fights owing on his contract? I think Rampage could do quite well for himself in acting, he has the personality for it.[/quote]
Of course he does, He was supposed to fight Rashad in 107. Not sure how many after that but 1 at the least. He has a personality that's why I like him. But I don't think he will be a great actor. I think MMA stars have become delusional into thinking that since they can fight in the cage they can act easily... It's one thing to retire after your prime and try your hand at acting. But to do it when you've got money coming, popular, and physically fit is just beyond me.

[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]LOL I was the first to start an MMA tread way back. Glad someone else revived it. Damn I missed the Lyoto Machida knocking out thing with Rashad Evans. TBH I don't want to see Mauricio without doing soccer kicks and hail mary superman dive punches. It just doesn't feel like they way he was in Pride for me.[/quote]
I see what you mean but regardless I think a prime (well-tuned at the least )Shogun will be a great Shogun. That's really the question that will be answered on the 24th. I'm so pumped for that fight!

Oct 8, 2009
Hi to all,

Mixed Martial Art is the one of the few sports that I'm really into

from UFC to K-1 I just cant get enough of these actions

I assume you guys only watch UFC but Pride FC was the **** unfortunely now it's owned by UFC and it's pretty much GONE... T.T

Anyway my favourite martial artist would be CROCOP and the reason why i like him so much is that he always evolve (from K-1 to Pride FC and now UFC) and work his way through. and he always reminds me of Vegita who is really strong and has charisma but not quite strong enough to be the TOP and yet always thrive to be one .

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="lordyyasmine, post: 0]Hi to all,

Mixed Martial Art is the one of the few sports that I'm really into

from UFC to K-1 I just cant get enough of these actions

I assume you guys only watch UFC but Pride FC was the **** unfortunely now it's owned by UFC and it's pretty much GONE... T.T

Anyway my favourite martial artist would be CROCOP and the reason why i like him so much is that he always evolve (from K-1 to Pride FC and now UFC) and work his way through. and he always reminds me of Vegita who is really strong and has charisma but not quite strong enough to be the TOP and yet always thrive to be one .[/quote]
You would assume wrong. Sure most watch UFC. I watch WVR-Sengoku, DREAM, Strikeforce, MFC, WEC, XFC..... I mostly focus on UFC, DREAM, WVR-Sengoku, WEC, and Strikeforce. Yeah PRIDE was the best at the time too bad it was mismanaged tho. I used to like CROCOP and I see where your coming from. But in all honestly I just don't see him doing that in the UFC. He has consistently shown us he really can't roll with UFC fighters. Gonzaga and Kongo..The Kongo fight is debatable. But more importantly Junior Dos Santos. Junior handled him the whole fight. CroCop gave up. He gave up. Period! He kicked once maybe twice but that's it. He couldn't keep his distance and he couldn't do anything! I loved CroCop, I really did, but I just don't see him being successful in the UFC nor do I see him evolving. I'm not trashing your favorite fighter, I'm just saying I wish CroCop was really at the top of his game so we could see him bust heads.
Welcome to the forums and the MMA thread, enjoy your stay.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="illbashu, post: 0]The ultimate fighter ep 5
Rampages team is 0-5
:/[/quote]
yeah Rampage is unlucky.
I'm glad Wes Sims didn't win tho.

It seems Tito finally got surgery on his spine/back. He says he feels fantastic and he's ready to fight Forrest at UFC 106. Should be pretty good.

Other interesting things. Semtex is gonna fight Conduit at UFC 108. Should be a good fight as well, I think Semtex is gonna win.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]
It seems Tito finally got surgery on his spine/back. He says he feels fantastic and he's ready to fight Forrest at UFC 106. Should be pretty good.
[/quote]

Hopefully he is back to his best. I would love to see Tito come in and completely destroy Griffin, nothing against Forrest he seems like an awesome guy. This should be an interesting fight anyways.

In other news....... UFC111 looks like it is going to be held in Sydney :p:p:p. If it has a decent card I will try in con the missus into going down to Sydney to watch.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Hopefully he is back to his best. I would love to see Tito come in and completely destroy Griffin, nothing against Forrest he seems like an awesome guy. This should be an interesting fight anyways.

In other news....... UFC111 looks like it is going to be held in Sydney :p:p:p. If it has a decent card I will try in con the missus into going down to Sydney to watch.[/quote]
Yeah Wanderlei is gonna fight "Sexyama". If you go enjoy the fights :)

So amped for UFC 104.
Main Card:
Lyoto Machida vs "Shogun" Rua
Cain Velasquez vs Ben Rothwell
Gleison Tibau vs Josh Neer
Joe Stevenson vs Spencer Fisher
Anthony Johnson vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida

Spike TV card:
Antoni Hardonk vs Patrick Barry
Ryan Bader vs Eric Schafer

I think Machida will win via KO. Cain via KO. Tibau via decision. Stevenson via decision. Johnson via KO. Hardonk via KO. Schafer via Submission. Your thoughts?

It also looks like Houston Alexander will be fighting Kimbo Slice in UFC 107 (unconfirmed). Dan Henderson could fight for Strikeforce as he has yet to agree on a contract with the UFC. There's no bad blood they just can't agree on a contract figure.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
YouTube - Bernard Hopkins calls MMA gay[/URL]
Will be hilarious when those guys try their hand at MMA cus that's where the money is. Also will be hilarious if Hopkins gets triangle choked or armbared.... Also lol @his fascination with panties... yeah...........................................

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
My bad amused, I'll spoil it next time.

Hendo is expected to re-sign with the UFC,witch I think is really good.
Source:http://mmajunkie.com/news/16538/dan...ign-with-ufc-could-meet-mark-coleman-next.mma He's not fighting Coleman that's a mistake made on the link.

Hendo is nearing the end of is carrer and I just didnt see him fighting anywhere else.Kimbo and Houston are good match up's and both have glass jaws so it can go either way.

carlosb

Superior Member
Sep 19, 2007
Brownsville, TX
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]Rampage admits he's a horrible coach. There's no question about that. But he's also unlucky as well. Wes Sim shouldn't have fallen for an arm triangle that easily...

Will be hilarious when those guys try their hand at MMA cus that's where the money is. Also will be hilarious if Hopkins gets triangle choked or armbared.... Also lol @his fascination with panties... yeah...........................................[/quote]

Dan Hardy already responded and brought up Hopkin's gimp mask entrance lol.

Rampage admitting he's a horrible coach doesn't make up for abandoning your teammate as that has more to do as how you are as a person. And Wes being submitted still goes back to the coaching.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]My bad amused, I'll spoil it next time.

Hendo is expected to re-sign with the UFC,witch I think is really good.
Source:http://mmajunkie.com/news/16538/dan...ign-with-ufc-could-meet-mark-coleman-next.mma He's not fighting Coleman that's a mistake made on the link.

Hendo is nearing the end of is carrer and I just didnt see him fighting anywhere else.Kimbo and Houston are good match up's and both have glass jaws so it can go either way.[/quote]
Yeah I agree it's more then likely he will sign with UFC again. He needs to finish strong. Same thing with Fedor. Strikeforce is cool and I'm sure without a doubt he will mow thru everyone there. But if Fedor really wants to have an impressive record he will need to finish in the UFC or at least fight 4 fighters. (Brock, Mir, Cain, Carwin) at the least. Anyway I digress. I think Dan Henderson just needs to really sit down and agree on a salary.

[QUOTE="carlosb, post: 0]Dan Hardy already responded and brought up Hopkin's gimp mask entrance lol.

Rampage admitting he's a horrible coach doesn't make up for abandoning your teammate as that has more to do as how you are as a person. And Wes being submitted still goes back to the coaching.[/quote]
ROFL!! I had to youtube the gimp mask but lmao WOW! That is hilarious!

Again Rampage is selfish and can't coach for ****. I agree with you 100%, Rampage agrees with you. I disagree about Wes Sims. You can't honestly believe the fighters learn a tremendous amount during the few weeks of training they get before the fight. Wes Sims has experience, 7-8 years of experience. You can't tell me that 5 weeks or however long is really gonna improve his game.... come on... especially when you compare that to 7-8 years of experience. Again I know Wes Sims is a pretty bad fighter but to blame Rampage on Wes Sim's loss is irrelevant. Wes Sims simply should have known, via experience, better period. There's no way you can say the coaching during TUF will monumentally change a fighters martial arts aptitude.