Official UFC/MMA Thread

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 0]Did anyone catch Fields Dynamite 09 last night?

This was by far the sickest thing ever in MMA history.[/quote]
Tap or Snap....

I need to catch that whole card. I missed out. :(

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
Aoki claimed that he was told to "take out" his opponent by the K-1 Matchmaker. But that sounds more like Aoki smack talk BS. It seemed more like the guy was too proud to tap than anything. You can clearly see his other hand free then... POP....He could have frantically screamed and motioned tap. Hirota is the Sengoku champ and the event was a DREAM vs SRC (Sengoku Raiden Championship) and that fight was the deciding tie breaker match. Who knows exactly besides Hirota...

UFC 108 inside:
Was a quick night. Overall good fights. JDS was impressive. It sucks Joe Lauzon lost but ring rust I guess....Paul Daley blew Hazelett away in a stand up match... Cole Miller was impressive as well. Rashad played it safe and Silva blew his load early or his conditioning just isn't up. Silva could have won but just didn't push hard at that last moment.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
:lol: I love this video, I hate Bisping ever since watching him be a pussbag in TUF 9.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyu6qCnSfw"]YouTube- Bisping's Island[/ame]

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
108 was descent. I knew Evans wasnt going to exchange strikes with Silva his best bet was sticking to his wrestling. At the end of the day it worked beautifully took rounds 1 & 2. Round 3 Silva had a chance on finishing Rashad out but just ran out of fuel. Dos Santos is impressing just about everybody right now could be his year.

Cant wait for Evans vs Jackson...looks like that's defeniately going to happend.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
108 was barely decent enough for the bandwidth. Rashad, while he had a good game plan, and stuck to it, needs his JJ Black belt taken from him. He got the mount, and didn't do ANYTHING. How many take downs, and NOTHING. Pathetic. I hate that he even won that fight.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
If a fight goes to the judges hands, anything can happen, even the most ******** calls.
How Bisping got the decision over Matt Hamill astounds me in their fight ages ago.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]Aoki claimed that he was told to "take out" his opponent by the K-1 Matchmaker. But that sounds more like Aoki smack talk BS. It seemed more like the guy was too proud to tap than anything. You can clearly see his other hand free then... POP....He could have frantically screamed and motioned tap. Hirota is the Sengoku champ and the event was a DREAM vs SRC (Sengoku Raiden Championship) and that fight was the deciding tie breaker match. Who knows exactly besides Hirota...

UFC 108 inside:
Was a quick night. Overall good fights. JDS was impressive. It sucks Joe Lauzon lost but ring rust I guess....Paul Daley blew Hazelett away in a stand up match... Cole Miller was impressive as well. Rashad played it safe and Silva blew his load early or his conditioning just isn't up. Silva could have won but just didn't push hard at that last moment.
[/quote]

Ever other fight aside from the main event delivered considered the MIA fighters previously. Dynamite was a lot more hype that during the New Years in my cousin's house everyone went banana's after the Aoki's hammerlock. Alastair Ubereem is running too easily against everyone unless he fights Fedor.

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
:lol: the rivalry on TUF 10 between Rashad and Rampage was funny.
Rashad was an awesome coach just like he is a fighter.
Rampage cant coach for **** :p

Poida

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2007
Why the **** did he take the coaching job then if he knows he isnt a coach?
Couldve had someone a lot better, wouldve made for better fights.
Most of TUF 10 fights were pretty ****, heavyweights seem to gas themselves out way too easily.
Plus they are boring to watch anyway for me, I prefer all the lighter classes, they make interesting fights.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Poida, post: 0]Why the **** did he take the coaching job then if he knows he isnt a coach?
Couldve had someone a lot better, wouldve made for better fights.
Most of TUF 10 fights were pretty ****, heavyweights seem to gas themselves out way too easily.
Plus they are boring to watch anyway for me, I prefer all the lighter classes, they make interesting fights.[/quote]
Cus Rampage is great on the camera. Heavyweights will always gas themselves if they don't come in with great conditioning. During the show they really don't learn much it's just unrealistic to learn a lot in such a short time. The point is just to keep training. Great coaches like Tito do help foster that more than coaches like Rampage but the fighters have to find their own camps after the show anyway.

[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]Ever other fight aside from the main event delivered considered the MIA fighters previously. Dynamite was a lot more hype that during the New Years in my cousin's house everyone went banana's after the Aoki's hammerlock. Alastair Ubereem is running too easily against everyone unless he fights Fedor.[/quote]
Overeem. He might be on the roids and may not want to fight in the U.S. I know Overeem is Strikeforce HW champ but he may relinquish it. This is just speculation assuming he is roiding. Either that or he will take some time to "recover". I would love to see him fight Fedor tho.

What sucks for the Japanese is that Ishii was gonna be the poster boy for Japanese HW MMA kinda like a Fedor counterpart. He lost so they are gonna have to reinvest in his training and hope for better next time. We will see what happens.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Poida, post: 0]Rashads team seemed to learn a lot more, they fought pretty good.[/quote]
Don't forget most fighters have training before coming to the house.
McSweeney and Schuab train with Rashad in Jackson's camp. Big Country was IFL champ.
Rampage's team were the most inexperienced. Sure Wes Sims has a lot of fights under his belt but he sucks and is nuts. Wes Shiver was a complete amateur.
Even with solid coaching from Rashad you're still not gonna be able to learn much and practice and master it. Time is the factor. Rashad's team fought well cus they had more previous MMA training as well as natural talent. I would love if Demico Roger's got another shot in the UFC or he signed with Strikeforce. He displayed some talent he just needs more time training.

WEC 46 was pretty good. Results in spoiler.
I didn't expect Faber to RNC Assuncao. Mike Brown also won by RNC. Ben's guillotine choke was nice as well. Was a good night of fights and I'm looking forward to WEC 47

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]Don't forget most fighters have training before coming to the house.
McSweeney and Schuab train with Rashad in Jackson's camp. Big Country was IFL champ.
Rampage's team were the most inexperienced. Sure Wes Sims has a lot of fights under his belt but he sucks and is nuts. Wes Shiver was a complete amateur.
Even with solid coaching from Rashad you're still not gonna be able to learn much and practice and master it. Time is the factor. Rashad's team fought well cus they had more previous MMA training as well as natural talent. I would love if Demico Roger's got another shot in the UFC or he signed with Strikeforce. He displayed some talent he just needs more time training.

WEC 46 was pretty good. Results in spoiler.
I didn't expect Faber to RNC Assuncao. Mike Brown also won by RNC. Ben's guillotine choke was nice as well. Was a good night of fights and I'm looking forward to WEC 47
[/quote]

As for WEC: TY for the comeback kid Faber winning (its the main reason I watch WEC on versus).

Demico had potential as well as a couple of others. I would for kimbo to develop the stamina to do gruesome ground and pound (that throw was pretty cool on Houston). And yes A-team Rampage movie ftw.

[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]
Overeem. He might be on the roids and may not want to fight in the U.S. I know Overeem is Strikeforce HW champ but he may relinquish it. This is just speculation assuming he is roiding. Either that or he will take some time to "recover". I would love to see him fight Fedor tho.

What sucks for the Japanese is that Ishii was gonna be the poster boy for Japanese HW MMA kinda like a Fedor counterpart. He lost so they are gonna have to reinvest in his training and hope for better next time. We will see what happens.[/quote]

Fans still call him Ubereem but that will take another thread over. My cousin and I were look over his growth from his early Pride fights to now and its just to huge of a development. But that doesn't mean anything unless he has someone to test that bulk of his aside from K-1 fighters.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]Fans still call him Ubereem but that will take another thread over. My cousin and I were look over his growth from his early Pride fights to now and its just to huge of a development. But that doesn't mean anything unless he has someone to test that bulk of his aside from K-1 fighters.[/quote]
I wasn't correcting your spelling of Overeem. I just mentioned his name at the start as the focus of my topic. I fail to see how you can take over an MMA thread with MMA discussion. Feel free to say anything related. In retrospect I probably should have started the sentence differently.
He defeated Fujita. Yeah it's nothing impressive. He's just looks so stacked. Either way we will see what happens if he fights in the U.S. soon. They will test him, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't. Like I said before I would be so amped to see him fight Fedor. Overeem is probably the only real contender to put up a strong fight against Fedor. A fully ready HW Mousasi vs Fedor would be a sick fight as well tho.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Anyone watch the Strikeforce fights last night? I was looking forward to watching Bobby Lashley fight. Too bad he had no competition and the fight was weak. Herschel Walker looked pretty unimpressive skills-wise, but damn the dude is in amazing condition. Also the Robbie Lawler fight was crazy. He was getting handled and looked to be in trouble. He's lucky he landed that shot and knocked dude out.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 4899839]Anyone watch the Strikeforce fights last night? I was looking forward to watching Bobby Lashley fight. Too bad he had no competition and the fight was weak. Herschel Walker looked pretty unimpressive skills-wise, but damn the dude is in amazing condition. Also the Robbie Lawler fight was crazy. He was getting handled and looked to be in trouble. He's lucky he landed that shot and knocked dude out.[/quote]

Yeah I watched it. Herschel barely trained at all and yeah his conditioning was pretty damn good, so he performed as expected. What is really pathetic is the other guy (Greg Nagy) who's been training and fighting for a lot longer was absolute ****, he should just retire. Regarding Bobby Lashley, Yeah the fight versus Sims was a joke, he did take it up on short notice but Wes looked like crap, completely out of shape. I agree Manhoef was destroying Lawler, those leg kids were brutal! Then Manhoef just got cocky, it's all it takes.... Nick Diaz did well as well, Marius seemed to under perform.
Overall it was kinda a freak show and kinda good. The womens fight was solid as well.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Yeah me and my buddies were saying that if Lawler didn't do something soon he wasn't gonna last. He could barely walk and couldn't really step into his punches at all.

The only thing that surprised me about the women's fight was that it lasted so long. Cyborg is a freak and it wouldn't surprise me to see a pair of balls fall out of her shorts during a fight.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
Tim Hague, Phillipe Nover, and Coleman are cut from the UFC. I was hoping Nover would do well but I think it's lack of experience and mental preparation.

UFC 110 looks good I'm pretty hyped for the 20th.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
Watched UFC 110 yesterday. Nog got destroyed by Velasquez, although it would have been interesting to see the fight go to the ground. Silva and Bisping put on a good show, Wandy was so close to finishing the fight at the end of rounds 2 and 3. Bader outclassed Jardine in striking. George beating Stevenson as convincingly as he did was a big surprise to me. Perosh should never have been put in the ring with Cro-cop, he was basically just a breathing punching bag.

Gran Patron'

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2008
Houston, TX, US of A
Big Nog got KTFO!! Really surrprised by that I thought Nog would've at least try to take'em to the ground and use his BJJ. Cro-Cop wasnt that impressive I can tell he started to get winded really early in the fight. Im glad he won but his years away from what he used to be. Glad Silva won,too he really needed that win.

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Watched UFC 110 yesterday. Nog got destroyed by Velasquez, although it would have been interesting to see the fight go to the ground. Silva and Bisping put on a good show, Wandy was so close to finishing the fight at the end of rounds 2 and 3. Bader outclassed Jardine in striking. George beating Stevenson as convincingly as he did was a big surprise to me. Perosh should never have been put in the ring with Cro-cop, he was basically just a breathing punching bag.[/quote]
Yeah, I hope you Aussies liked it. (Rumor is the next TUF the one after Tito and Liddell will have Aussies). It was a good card. Sotiropoulos has been very impressive specifically his ground game. What really was impressive is how he out boxed Stevenson. He just stepped up his game to a new level. He deserves a shot against Penn soon. Perosh took the fight on a 3 day notice. More importantly Cro Cop looked clean. Not the sloppy **** he pulled in his last fights in the UFC. The fight was forgettable tho. Silva looked great! I loved his last 10 second fury of punches, he still knows how to put on a show. Cain really is a force to be reckoned with, My friend and I thought Nog would put a good fight and win via KO or Sub (I was thinking submission). Either way that fight was way to short. Grats to Cain tho.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
Mauricio should have have never even lost the first one. Even in the post fight interviews, Machida was happy with the decision even if he knew and everyone else did that he took the most punishment.