Official Website Outs Killzone 3 Limited and Collector’s Editions

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
Are you planning on picking up Killzone 3 come this February but aren’t satisfied with just a standard edition of the game? Consider yourself one of the ISA’s most elite soldiers and want something more to prove your commitment to the war with the Helghast? Well you’re in luck!

On the official Killzone 3 website, a page has turned up listing three different editions of the game: standard, limited, and collector’s edition.

Though it seems the listings may have been added a little preemptively, as there aren’t any details regarding what each of the editions offer at the moment. You can view a snapshot of the site below:

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as to when these limited and collector’s editions are officially announced, and what regions they’ll be made available for
SOURCE

Can't say that I'm surprised to be honest.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
It's the way it is nowaday. COD proved that people are willing to pay for more than just the game and now GG are giving the option. Not that I'll be picking up anything more than just the standard edition.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5240828]Haha Helghast Goggles.

I hope they're cool.[/QUOTE]
That may have me sold already on the other edition lol

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
why are people suprised? kz2 had a collectors edition as well, sure it was just a metal case version, but the cover was more bad *** then the normal version

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5240846]why are people suprised? kz2 had a collectors edition as well, sure it was just a metal case version, but the cover was more bad *** then the normal version[/QUOTE]
I don't recall seeing a collectors edition in the states.

Edit: @below

Oh ok. Sony seems to skip over the states with items a lot.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5240854]I don't recall seeing a collectors edition in the states.[/QUOTE]

It was eu exclusive i think, not many shops stocked it here either, it was just a tin. I have it.

FLASH48

Master Poster
Oct 18, 2006
Think i will just stick with the regular version of the game. If i was maybe forty years younger i might consider one of the other editions, but i'm not so regular version for me.

Jun 4, 2007
@ Chille

The pic works.

I know I'm getting way off topic but I hope that GG's other company are working on a Killzone remake using the current engine. I loved the first game despite some glitches and my damn 60Gig just crapped out on me and I ****ed up fixing it and broke the piece you insert your blu ray cable into. smh.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
GG has another company? If so, that's new to me and if they're working a KZ1 remake that'll be pretty awesome. I rinsed the first but I was eventually turned off it's glitches and whatnot.

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5240905]@ Chille

The pic works.

I know I'm getting way off topic but I hope that GG's other company are working on a Killzone remake using the current engine. I loved the first game despite some glitches and my damn 60Gig just crapped out on me and I ****ed up fixing it and broke the piece you insert your blu ray cable into. smh.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it is broken??? I thought mine was to but you just have to get the cable just right and push down on the black piece that holds it in...

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
all gonna depend on the content to dollar ratio here...i'd be interested in a special edition if the price is not outrageous....though im assuming with three versions...the top one might be something out of control price wise...

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Teraspark, post: 5240910]GG has another company? If so, that's new to me and if they're working a KZ1 remake that'll be pretty awesome. I rinsed the first but I was eventually turned off it's glitches and whatnot.[/QUOTE]It's a new i.p. they are making though. It's probably something for the psp but we won't be finding out anytime soon.
Finally, Hulst announced that Guerilla is starting up a new studio (in Amsterdam's downtown area) which will develop an as-of-yet-unannounced new IP. They are hiring, so get on it.

http://www.destructoid.com/gdce-10-guerrilla-talks-killzone-3-new-ip-for-sony-181626.phtml
[QUOTE="NYFAN75, post: 5240912]Are you sure it is broken??? I thought mine was to but you just have to get the cable just right and push down on the black piece that holds it in...[/QUOTE]
I screwed up bad and broke that black piece by accident :( If I can somehow rig it back into place, I'm going screw gamestop over and get some money for it lol.

Last edited:

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5240992]
I screwed up bad and broke that black piece by accident :( If I can somehow rig it back into place, I'm going screw gamestop over and get some money for it lol.[/QUOTE]

i had a similar situation with my 60GB....used the broken black piece and some electrical tape...over 6 months with no problems...

also...heard it here first...the "Heghast Goggles" mentioned on the official KZ site...double as 3d glasses for your TV...let the hype train start now...

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Hmm, I honestly thought we'd see a remake of the first game in HD..wouldn't be too bad actually, there was an unforgettable level in space in the first killzone..I LOVED going through that see-through tunnel and I could see Space and Earth all around me..it's like I was watching an IMAX space movie

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Metfanant, post: 5241000]i had a similar situation with my 60GB....used the broken black piece and some electrical tape...over 6 months with no problems...

also...heard it here first...the "Heghast Goggles" mentioned on the official KZ site...double as 3d glasses for your TV...let the hype train start now...[/QUOTE]Ohh cool. I didn't think to use electrical tape. I will fix it up tomorrow. I'll likely just hang on to it now. +rep

It would be cool as hell to have them as 3D glasses. I'm saving up for a 3D tv and not having to buy a new ps3 won't cut into that budget.