Oh no excessive gaming is now a mental disease, my gosh we're all mental

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I think this is just the WHO better defining mental illness, as opposed to 'gaming = mental disorder'.

Generally, most gamers tend to have their own gaming time in a week (or day) - even twitch streamers, however, it's arguable this falls into a "job" category more than gaming imho...

The new guidelines kinda define people who willingly, and continually, seek out gaming above all else. Even preservation of self. Which is an actual issue.

I don't think raiding that one extra cave before bedtime in Skyrim will automatically qualify you for the loony bin... cause we all know you never stop at just one more cave ;)

Dec 26, 2017
Well I hope not. And that comment was all in fun. But if I have to have a disorder that's the one I can live with

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I just love how stupid the world continues to become. It really is enjoyable watching the stupidity, but then I realize that one day I'll be old and have to rely on these said stupid people. That's when it gets scary! Christ almighty...

Dec 26, 2017
I'm sorry for your problems I truly am. But we ALL have some sort of short coming. I was not pointing at any one. I was trying to laugh a little, which is something I am hearing less of these days.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I thought the topic was meant to be lighthearted, personally, so let's please not start the new year with drama. Lighthearted things can be just that ... lighthearted. This topic is getting a little too personal for some. Addiction is of course nothing to joke about, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't Dflamen's intent. So let's not jump down his throat, please. He's been here for a week and you're giving him crap. Let's not scare off the new members. Thanks.

adzzz man

Forum Elder
Apr 16, 2008
Looool I read the article I’m surprised it wasn’t addressed sooner because gaming has always had bad publicity like the violence in certain games. Oh well happy new year everyone ?

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
Lol and getting absolutley drunk till you vomit on a weekend isn't called a mental disorder people in glass houses should not throw stones

Jul 2, 2018
I honestly don't think that way. Online games do help you in a certain way like it builds your social and lateral skills. It helps you to interact with other people around the world and interact with them. Gamers are amazing leaders and also have good concentration power. Ultimately A gamer is a good and happy person But yes, it is not at all practical to spend so much amount of money on your games. What you can do is just search for sites which offers you discounts on your favorite games and make sure that the site is safe. Here are some sites which offer amazing discounts and are trustworthy.
Xbox Live Gold 12 Monate Kaufen
Xbox Live 50 Euro Kaufen