Ok, PS5 issues are starting to look worrisome

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah they will improve this on the next hardware revision.Every generation has some problems at start.No worries as long as its not as severe as RROD was.
Probably not even that. Just changing the thermal pad to be bigger, or even a strip across that whole section will probably be enough to cover most edge cases that were shown above. Most consoles seem to be managing within spec as is (otherwise there'd be a full on recall).
EVGA got into trouble a few years ago for something similar where the VRM's went super nova, and they shipped out thermal pads for free to those users who bought to those cards. Changing that step during manufacture shouldn't really need a revision (i think as recent as the Ampere cards there is evidence of last minute slapped on thermal pads for hot spots).

Sep 10, 2005
Probably not even that. Just changing the thermal pad to be bigger, or even a strip across that whole section will probably be enough to cover most edge cases that were shown above. Most consoles seem to be managing within spec as is (otherwise there'd be a full on recall).
EVGA got into trouble a few years ago for something similar where the VRM's went super nova, and they shipped out thermal pads for free to those users who bought to those cards. Changing that step during manufacture shouldn't really need a revision (i think as recent as the Ampere cards there is evidence of last minute slapped on thermal pads for hot spots).
Even better then,if its such a simple fix.Now that sony already knows the issue i assume it will be addressed quickly.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Yeah, as said before, those are common on OCed VideoCards, mostly related to vRAM and usually gets solved by downclocking it a bit.

Hopefully it's either an isolated issue or Sony finds a fix without making the fan too much louder. Consoles don't need to be dead silent anyway.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
I've played a good bit since launch day, and haven't had a single issue. Mine was a July 2020 manufacture. disc version.
I'm using rest mode, ethernet, no external drives.

Played:
Astro's Playroom (PS5)(digital)
Spidey remastered (PS5)
Demon Souls Remastered (PS5)
Madden 24 (PS4)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
Wipout Omega Collection (PS4)(digital)
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Trials Fusion Demo (PS4)(digital)
Sackboy A BA (PS5)
MLB The Show 19 (PS4)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
MosterBoy and the Cursed Kingdon (PS4)
Diablo 3 Eternal Collection (PS4)(digital)

No crashes, errors, etc. It's been perfect for me. No coil whine either.