[Opinion] Why Microsoft's actions will hurt the gaming industry

May 28, 2013
Ok I must start off by saying at first when I heard about the XBOX One I thought it was just a joke being played on the Xbox fans. I thought the system, not only had a horrible name but also the design was just a big NO NO!!! I mean now c’mon gamers, no matter even if a system has the most essential features out there, I know for sure that if the design isn't up to date (instead of looking like a 1994 VCR) then: “AIN’T NOBODY GONNA GET THAT. “ But then I actually took the time to watch the whole Xbox One reveal and realized what their true intentions were. They really wanted to have an all in one system that could do everything we do in our living rooms. Now if you look at the name of this Article and compare it to Microsoft’s true intentions you will notice that the XBOX is a GAMING SYSTEM but Microsoft was trying to make it way more than just that. Ps4 is mainly focusing on the task at hand which is gaming and Xbox One is focusing on ENTARTIANMENT. Who would you fear the most, the man who practices 1000 kicks or the man who practices the same kick 1000 times? Obviously the man who practices the same kick. Basically what I’m saying is that this is why the Ps4 is slightly better at running certain next gen games, because it’s built just for that, GAMING. This is their worst mistake, this will definitely hurt, if not destroy the gaming industry. The fact that we ALWAYS NEED TO BE ONLINE to do anything and that we NEED TO PAY TO PLAY a BORROWED game is outrageous. Now a days in Florida, times are hard and most people don’t even have internet much less to buy brand new games with money they don’t have. I don’t know about you but the only way I get to play the latest games is by borrowing it from friends and family. So having to pay for a borrowed game just shows you how greedy and selfish Microsoft is being. I don’t understand why the system has to be always on and have a solid internet connection, that is just them saying:” we don’t care about your light bill,” I mean c’mon electricity isn't free. Not only do we always have to be connected to the web at all times but the magic eye has to be connected for the Xbox to function at all. Thats right the Kinect has to be connected all the time as well as your internet. That just goes right back to the whole BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING idea. Oh My God the gaming industry better grab a shield for the this one because the New Xbox is coming and its planning on ripping through your pockets like a tornado in a barn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 1, 2008
I think I fear the man that practices a 1000 different kicks a 1000 times but who's counting. I am actually a fan of Xbox now. Yep, they are messing things up real good :) Going to lose a ton of gamers that can't go online. Also, true gamers are going to loose there gaming system to their spouse or someone who just wants to use it for those other purposes. I think Sony has this in the bag and Microsoft is a drag.

May 28, 2013
[QUOTE="jamesobachand, post: 6096982]I think I fear the man that practices a 1000 different kicks a 1000 times but who's counting. I am actually a fan of Xbox now. Yep, thwy are messing things up real good :) Going to lose a ton of gamers that can't go online. Also, true gamers are going to loose there gaming system to their spouse or someone who just wants to use it for those other purposes. I think Sony has this in the bag and Microsoft is a drag.[/QUOTE]

Now that's something everyone is looking forward to. Most of us who don't necessarily see the new Xbox as something to be excited about is now putting all their trust Into sony. Big mistake , sony has let us down plenty of times and when they launch a new gaming system such as the psvita, no one knew what it was due to the lack of commercials. And then in turn it caused the system to suffer greatly. No customers then no game developers and that is the main problem for Vita at the moment. I own one and the games that they have for the system are just not all that fun. Trust me when I say that the Psvita is a very powerful handheld gaming device but its just lacking what we gamers need, FUN GAMES. My point is that you can't just jump to the other side just because one doesn't look to good, you must make sure you know what your getting into. Dont make up your mind about these systems just yet. Wait until E3 because trust me, SONY WILL SURPRISE US.