Opinions on Che Guevara (12/28/2010)

Jul 24, 2010
s15.zetaboards.com
Here's something I'd like to start doing. Everyday I will post a discussion in which we discuss and share opinions on important figures of past and present. Today's person is Che Guevara, what do you think of him? Che Guevara was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, intellectual, guerrilla leader, diplomat, military theorist, and major figure of the Cuban Revolution. He traveled the world to preach communism to whom he believed to be oppressed peoples. He was captured and later executed in Bolivia by a joint CIA-Bolivian task force. After his death, he became an international symbol of communism. What are your thoughts on Che Guevera, his life, his works, and his beliefs?

Read more on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara
Discuss on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Opinions-on-Figures/176946565669902

Last edited:

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Seems to me he is a symbol on a shirt worn by clueless "non-conformists" who have no idea who he was.

The guy was a revolutionary, yes. He was also Castro's "enforcer" and murdered thousands of people. A racist Stalinist who was just as concerned with his own power as he was 'helping the poor people fight the man.'

Hitman_T92

TWISTED METAL
Sep 1, 2008
Hangar 18
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5326752]Seems to me he is a symbol on a shirt worn by clueless "non-conformists" who have no idea who he was.

The guy was a revolutionary, yes. He was also Castro's "enforcer" and murdered thousands of people. A racist Stalinist who was just as concerned with his own power as he was 'helping the poor people fight the man.'[/QUOTE]
+1

Jul 24, 2010
s15.zetaboards.com
My opinion of Che Guevera is that he was a man who saw what he believed to be wrong with the system, and he took a stand against it, and that makes him a man of much bravery and commitment. However, I can't say I agree with some of the means he used to spread his message.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Personally, I think behind that "Freedom fighter" image he liked to put up, he was also a dictator at heart, enjoying his riches. He fought for his people, my ***.

[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5326752]Seems to me he is a symbol on a shirt worn by clueless "non-conformists" who have no idea who he was.

The guy was a revolutionary, yes. He was also Castro's "enforcer" and murdered thousands of people. A racist Stalinist who was just as concerned with his own power as he was 'helping the poor people fight the man.'[/QUOTE]

this

[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5326774]Overrated beyond belief.[/QUOTE]

and this