Orange juice, with pulp, or without?

Sep 5, 2006
I love orange juice. Always have. These days though, I find myself drinking it almost too often. I go through about 5 cartons a week now...scary. Anyway, I brought this up at work, and just thought it might make for some entertaining, lighthearted conversation here.

So what do you prefer? Orange juice with pulp, or without? State why.

I prefer with pulp because I like the way the little beads feel, seems to enrich the flavor on the whole for me. Anyone else?

Goodfella

Super Elite
Jan 4, 2007
Hell Yeah!!! With extra pulp is the way to go. I like chewing on the little bits of pulp before I drink the OJ down.

doyouwant

Apprentice
Sep 1, 2007
Pulp without hesitation, it makes orange juice into something. Home-made orange juice, simply is the yummiest drink in the whole-wide-world (Whole-wide-world; haven't used that phrase since Year 3).

Goodfella

Super Elite
Jan 4, 2007
[QUOTE="doyouwant, post: 2095985]Pulp without hesitation, it makes orange juice into something. Home-made orange juice, simply is the yummiest drink in the whole-wide-world (Whole-wide-world; haven't used that phrase since Year 3).[/quote]Dude, did you just say yummiest? :suspect:

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]Pulp without question. Although I don't mind the pulpless ones. But the pulp adds just that little something extra. :)[/quote]

Indeed it does! I like it without pulp also, but absolutely NOT from concentrate. YUCK. I drank a small bottle from concentrate yesterday...I could have sworn I was drinking rust water.

[QUOTE="Goodfella, post: 0]Hell Yeah!!! With extra pulp is the way to go. I like chewing on the little bits of pulp before I drink the OJ down.[/quote]

:lol: I do the same thing! Thought I was the only one.

REP for my fellow OJ lovers.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]Indeed it does! I like it without pulp also, but absolutely NOT from concentrate. YUCK. I drank a small bottle from concentrate yesterday...I could have sworn I was drinking rust water.

:lol: I do the same thing! Thought I was the only one.

REP for my fellow OJ lovers.[/quote]

Eww, concentrated juice! I remember drinking from one, it was like drinking juice extracted from someone who ran a decathlon...:oops:

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 0]Eww, concentrated juice! I remember drinking from one, it was like drinking juice extracted from someone who ran a decathlon...:oops:[/quote]
LMAO :lol: that sounds about right. It's amazing to me, orange juice is normally so delicious and fulfilling. I'm convinced that you have to try to make it taste so terrible. Fruit juices with artificial flavoring is better than OJ from concentrate for crying out loud.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="jasonbay, post: 0]I hate OJ with pulp, no pulp the way too go for me, and gotta to say what a odd thread.[/QUOTE]
A strange one indeed. Good fun though. :mrgreen:

Dec 3, 2006
Random...

I like mine with pulp. Pulp gives it substance, so I don't tend to drink it as fast as I would with OJ with no pulp. That stuff is like water to me.

Deathserver

Superior Member
Oct 5, 2007
I agree with pulp, and we must all be beyond board to be posting about orange juice... sowhile on the subject what about o.j. and the DTV thing, i thought that was hilarious it was kinda like capone and tax's and didn't o.j. go to jail for illegal DTV? then they got him for all kinds of stuff stealing off shore acounts i believe

Makarov

Superior Member
Feb 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
READ THIS POST---IMPORTANT---

Alright well, Im like you. Love the juice but I actually have a high acid count in my mouth from drinking it so often, it actually ate away my teeth just at the bottom a bit. I had to use this new designed stuff to replace the burnt enamel. Blah blah, brush your teeth after drinking or pay money for fake enamel. =) lol. Later.

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="softtack, post: 0]Random...

I like mine with pulp. Pulp gives it substance, so I don't tend to drink it as fast as I would with OJ with no pulp. That stuff is like water to me.[/QUOTE]
It might appear random, but I reckon somebody has recently watched an episode of American Chopper where they asked the very same question around the shop!

Anyway, I'm with pulp, definitely! Without, it just seems a bit artificial.

Sep 6, 2007
Pulp! I prefer those juicy bits. The only time I care for pulp-less is when I'm really, really thirsty. The pulp kind of makes it a meal in a way.

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Axe&Hammer, post: 0]No pulp,low acid

I want juice not some weird ass membrane filled goop.[/QUOTE]
Does mommy peel your apples for you as well?! :lol:

Sorry, J/K.

A

Axe&Hammer

[QUOTE="Graham, post: 0]Does mommy peel your apples for you as well?! :lol:

Sorry, J/K.[/quote]
Peel Apples? I eat my apples like a man, on fire and filed with metal shavings! :roll:

Oct 19, 2006
With pulp all the way! Cant explain why.
As someone already said, it gives you that something extra
My mom always buys the extra pulp stuff.
She likes the pulp too

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="Makarov, post: 0]READ THIS POST---IMPORTANT---

Alright well, Im like you. Love the juice but I actually have a high acid count in my mouth from drinking it so often, it actually ate away my teeth just at the bottom a bit. I had to use this new designed stuff to replace the burnt enamel. Blah blah, brush your teeth after drinking or pay money for fake enamel. =) lol. Later.[/quote]

Dentists are a bitch aren't they? Dentist: "Ooh, I see you have a yellow stain on your tooth. That'll be $80 for telling you, $50 for the x-ray, and $450 for the treatment.

Thank you, and make sure to come back again."

Scum of the Earth I say...:evil:

[QUOTE="Axe&Hammer, post: 0]Peel Apples? I eat my apples like a man, on fire and filed with metal shavings! :roll:[/quote]

That's HARDCORE!

Anyway, this is about Oranges, and not Apples. And according to the saying, we cannot have the two co-existing in the same thread. :p

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Graham, post: 0]It might appear random, but I reckon somebody has recently watched an episode of American Chopper where they asked the very same question around the shop!

Anyway, I'm with pulp, definitely! Without, it just seems a bit artificial.[/QUOTE]
Never seen that show, actually. This discussion popped into existence at work while I was thirsty, and it somehow made it's way to these forums. :mrgreen: