[OT] Batman: Arkham Knight

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Hmm, gone are the days where I could just give this game to the boy for his birthday present. I best install it the night/day before so all patches are installed I guess.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6457409]Hmm, gone are the days where I could just give this game to the boy for his birthday present. I best install it the night/day before so all patches are installed I guess.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah. enjoy the 48.9 gig install followed by another 'update' at 3.4 gig then another after that. besides all that, ya good to go.:cool:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Ive got Shadows of Mordor for him as well,thats probably got a patch, shit I think 'll have to take the dam machine to work.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
This is already one of the best games that I have played in my life and the best game so far this gen.I did not expect the Batmmobile to be used in so many ways that it is just another gadget and its fun.The way it is used is very innovative and the overall game design/controls/gameplay is out of this world.This game was well worth the wait and I am only still at the beginning.Glad I got a PS4 and playing the best version.

Jun 18, 2015
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6457363]Is anyone getting "cannot connect to PSN" when looking at the leaderboards of this game? Even though PSN is not down? Wtf.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too...i troubleshooted my network for 15 minutes thinking it was my connection and I guess not.

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6+

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Got the game on my PS4 and PC and I am pretty surprised to see the PS4 version looking better than the PC version.

I also noticed that when I play Batman on my PS4, my XMB is really slow.

Feb 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6457458]Got the game on my PS4 and PC and I am pretty surprised to see the PS4 version looking better than the PC version.

I also noticed that when I play Batman on my PS4, my XMB is really slow.[/QUOTE]

The game was ported from the PS4 to PC in the span of 8 weeks
this game is a total mess on PC

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
[QUOTE="Solid_Squirrel, post: 6457464]The game was ported from the PS4 to PC in the span of 8 weeks
this game is a total mess on PC[/QUOTE]

The PS4 version is the original and its incredible.This is next generation and none of the bugs that plague The Witcher 3.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6457677]The PS4 version is the original and its incredible.This is next generation and none of the bugs that plague The Witcher 3.[/QUOTE]

yeah....unfortunately, I got the PC version. Got a steam key for only $25. Still, lesson learned about ports to PC.

Don't preorder. Ever.

Going to get the PS4 version this week. Was reading how awesome it is on eurogamer.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6457685]yeah....unfortunately, I got the PC version. Got a steam key for only $25. Still, lesson learned about ports to PC.

Don't preorder. Ever.

Going to get the PS4 version this week. Was reading how awesome it is on eurogamer.[/QUOTE]
That's how it was for PS3 and Sony wanted to make sure for the most part that it is not like that for the PS4.No one should have to get burned by a bad port regardless of what they choose to play on.Rocksteady did not handle the port themselves and Warner Bros should have got a bigger team to do it right.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6457704]That's how it was for PS3 and Sony wanted to make sure for the most part that it is not like that for the PS4.No one should have to get burned by a bad port regardless of what they choose to play on.Rocksteady did not handle the port themselves and Warner Bros should have got a bigger team to do it right.[/QUOTE]

Went ahead and picked it up for PS4. Not waiting for these sorry devs to fix it and I'm betting it still won't be as good.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6457458]Got the game on my PS4 and PC and I am pretty surprised to see the PS4 version looking better than the PC version.

I also noticed that when I play Batman on my PS4, my XMB is really slow.[/QUOTE]

Mine isn't / doesn't get slow.

[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6457811]Went ahead and picked it up for PS4. Not waiting for these sorry devs to fix it and I'm betting it still won't be as good.[/QUOTE]

Why get it on the PC? Do you have a game pad to use there?

-

Also, why add [OT] before the title of the thread now that there is a dedicated forum?

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 6457819]Mine isn't / doesn't get slow.

Why get it on the PC? Do you have a game pad to use there?
[/quote]

Yeah, I have an Xbox One controller for my PC. I got a Batman AK steam key for $25. Only reason, really. Glad I got the PS4 version though. Gameplay is much smoother. At some parts on the PC version, the framerate drops down to single digits. what a mess.

Also, why add [OT] before the title of the thread now that there is a dedicated forum?
meh....just a habit. But you're right. A bit redundant.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6457811]Went ahead and picked it up for PS4. Not waiting for these sorry devs to fix it and I'm betting it still won't be as good.[/QUOTE]

I read that PS4 has graphical features not found on PC even on max settings. Don't think Rocksteady will be outsourcing again any time soon.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
acknowledged[/URL] by Warner Bros, but the recently released, performance guide paints a remarkable picture of minimum hardware requirements.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Let's put it this way: it's the first time we've seen a Radeon HD 7950 3GB - a GPU far more capable than the hardware found in Xbox One or PS4 - recommended for 720p gameplay, paired with a Core i5 to boot. It's not advised to remove the 30fps cap, not even if you have a Core i7 with a GTX 980! There's also recognition of poor streaming from mechanical hard drives, with a note that an SSD will improve performance here - something we can confirm. However, that's quite a remarkable state of affairs bearing in mind that the console versions stream in from slower 5400rpm laptop drives.
With its crippled frame-rate, poor streaming, pared back feature set and bloated minimum and recommended hardware spec, Arkham Knight is bitterly disappointing and should never have been released in this sorry state. There's a massive amount of work required to get this version of the game into shape - as things stand, the experience is totally unacceptable.
Massive suckage, WB. Acknowledging the issues and pulling the game doesn't excuse this crap. They would have been better off delaying the PC version.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Delays when they actually make a game decent, like GTA V, I'm all for. Damage is done with this title on PC.

I've heard the PS4 version is incredible though so no doubt that is the version to buy.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box