[OT] Batman: Arkham Knight

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
So I beat the game last night. Overall, a worthy buy. Lots to do and man some of those Riddler trophies will really piss you off, some are genius and fun, but a few will really piss you off. I suggest PowerPyx on youtube or his website. He has a guide for all the collectibles in this game for your trophy hunters like myself. Also, I got the TRUE ending. But you have to do every case file in the game to 100% completion to get it, including the Riddler trophies. Get all of those...just get everything, including the riddles too.

And I sure do love the model viewer in the start menu. Especially zooming in Catwoman and Harley Quinn's plots. ;) :D

[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 6457877]The gray one with the yellow belt is from the upcoming movie, right ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The one from the movie is supposed to resemble The Dark Knight Returns version, which is mostly darker greys and blacks and no yellow belt, plus a very bulky and older Batman. The one in this game is the NEW 52 version, which is current for the comics now. It's my favourite one. Works really well with a certain Batmobile skin you get later on in the game.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
got back from amsterdam bout an 20 minutes ago, so gonna sort my shit out, get some bulk then finish off batman..(not in that way...)

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 6458758]got back from amsterdam bout an 20 minutes ago, so gonna sort my shit out, get some bulk then finish off batman..[/QUOTE] joker will love that

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
I am doing the "Perfect Crime" side missions, I think I have only one body left in Founder island but there are drones all over the place and I can't call the Batmobile, any ideas ?!

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 6458836]I am doing the "Perfect Crime" side missions, I think I have only one body left in Founder island but there are drones all over the place and I can't call the Batmobile, any ideas ?![/QUOTE]play the main story to unlock the other places

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
^ What he said. One of the things that always got me nervous about getting the true Knightfall ending was not knowing if I was too far in the story to get to the point of no return where you can't access areas or get 100%. But when you get to the Arkham Knight, don't worry! It's not the point of no return! You can still play through that, just stop after that part and get 100% if you're going for it before it locks you out if you continue the main story.

Nov 11, 2013
I actually for the first time ever ordered a strategy guide to help me with the riddles and trophy spread in the city. Not only you have to discover them but I suck at finding the answers so the hell with it lol. I was very impressed with every details put in this game, it kept on getting better at every turn hence why I think it deserve a guide to help out a little

On a side note, I think Mark Hamill had more lines in this one than all the previous one combined. He probably spent weeks in the studio recording those dialogues. Great addition

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
I would say you wasted your money on the guide, because you can find the answers on the Internet, on Youtube, but it's a good collectors item to have. Yeah, I was surprised to see Hamill reprise the role too because he did say that Arkham City was gonna be his last time as The Joker.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6458842]^ What he said. One of the things that always got me nervous about getting the true Knightfall ending was not knowing if I was too far in the story to get to the point of no return where you can't access areas or get 100%. But when you get to the Arkham Knight, don't worry! It's not the point of no return! You can still play through that, just stop after that part and get 100% if you're going for it before it locks you out if you continue the main story.[/QUOTE]
I thought that you could go back, but I cannot access the rest of Stagg's airships for the trophies that I could not get the first time. Also one of the trophies for the second floor with the monitors does not show up for me in the Arkham Knight's hideout.

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6458838]play the main story to unlock the other places[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6458842]^ What he said. One of the things that always got me nervous about getting the true Knightfall ending was not knowing if I was too far in the story to get to the point of no return where you can't access areas or get 100%. But when you get to the Arkham Knight, don't worry! It's not the point of no return! You can still play through that, just stop after that part and get 100% if you're going for it before it locks you out if you continue the main story.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, But they really should have done better job allowing players to do side missions at their own pace, best example of that is GTA5, you can complete any side mission whenever you feel like it.

Nov 11, 2013
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6458849]I would say you wasted your money on the guide, because you can find the answers on the Internet, on Youtube, but it's a good collectors item to have..[/QUOTE]

It's a more pratical thing for me, having a printed consultable guide instead of looking on pages on the web and scrolling on my phone.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
Stuck on the cobra tank/cloudburst tank bit at the minute, it's almost broken the game for me. Took all 6 cobras down yesterday and got the cloudburst down to its last hit. I got destroyed and had to start the whole fucking sequence over again. Not impressed. They should have a checkpoint after you destroy the last cobra at the very least..

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
can't be arsed doing the side missions required to intiate 'nightfall'. going to be a game i go back too to dispense random justice on the scum of gotham.

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6459148]wut did u guize think of my revue? wuz it funny lols?[/QUOTE]
Link doesn't seem to be working for me.

I hate that you have to go out and look for side-missions locations manually, why don't they just appear on the compass ?!

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 6459180]Link doesn't seem to be working for me.

I hate that you have to go out and look for side-missions locations manually, why don't they just appear on the compass ?![/QUOTE]

I had to use an online guide to find the last two fire fighters and the last checkpoint.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I absolutely hate the batmobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Controlling the thing sucks, and when you are being attacked, the camera zooms out and makes it really hard to see where you are going. And I do not even want to get started on the platforming part.....

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 6458866]Thanks guys, But they really should have done better job allowing players to do side missions at their own pace, best example of that is GTA5, you can complete any side mission whenever you feel like it.[/QUOTE]

Totally this, now i know why i cant tackle the 1st riddler mission. Shouldnt even be available if i cant do it yet

[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6459294]I absolutely hate the batmobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Controlling the thing sucks, and when you are being attacked, the camera zooms out and makes it really hard to see where you are going. And I do not even want to get started on the platforming part.....[/QUOTE]

mate, i almost dont wanna play the game cos of this. the 1st time u gotta use it to CLIMB UP A FUCKING BUILDING? fuck that shit!!!

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6459297]Totally this, now i know why i cant tackle the 1st riddler mission. Shouldnt even be available if i cant do it yet

mate, i almost dont wanna play the game cos of this. the 1st time u gotta use it to CLIMB UP A $#@!ING BUILDING? $#@! that $#@!!!![/QUOTE]
I'm worried about this game. I've heard a lot about the batmobile and its nothing good. I'm starting to feel like this game is skippable.

It seems like the batmobile is forced on you at every turn. Is it really that bad?

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6459324]I'm worried about this game. I've heard a lot about the batmobile and its nothing good. I'm starting to feel like this game is skippable.

It seems like the batmobile is forced on you at every turn. Is it really that bad?

Sent from 2000ft under the crust[/QUOTE]

Personally i don't find the Batmobile a problem at all, you control it same as any car in any arcade racer you have ever played before, and yes there are a lot of segments involving it.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 6459334]How does it stack up with the other Arkham titles? Same old, or better?[/QUOTE]

It's the same, but a lot more smoother and fluid and of course the Batmobile being the newest thing about it. But I actually really like the Batmobile. And guys it's not THAT forced on you. I got to a lot of my main story and side missions by gliding alone, but the Batmobile gets me places faster, plus is super fun in drone battles. I love it. It feels empowering. Like im a strong independent woman.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
batmobile is ever present throughout the game..i really like using it after getting use to the controls..rarely ever crash now i've memorised where the brake button is lol.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I haven't picked the game up yet. Just started TW3 a week ago. I hate when two awesome games release so close together. This Fall is going to be killer. Like every Fall though, lol. Can't wait to play Arkham Knight! One game at a time.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
lol I would say that Arkham Knight is light years above the other games easily. The Batmobile was no issue with me until the last segments because you need to move around really fast while fighting tanks and the handling is not very good when you need precision.It also got annoying with the Riddler challenge to save a certain someone,but just regular driving and using it to progress through the game has been ok.I like the way they use it as if it is another gadget.It's just different and innovative,but not forced at all.I am on the last story mission,but going back to finish up side quests so I personally had no problem using the Batmobile.

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
I'm getting real tired of the Arkham Knight and his annoying vehicles, I'm currently in the underground tunnel and extremely frustrated, didn't think their could be a worse battle than the Cloudburst one. :rant:

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
lol I think you're past the halfway point...maybe a little more than halfway but yeah. There will be another tank battle later on that will make you go nuts lol. I seriously hope your first playthru isn't on hard because of that last tank Battletanx battle