[OT] Bloodborne: feat. PSU's Bloodborne Review "Bleeding Brilliance'"

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
[QUOTE="platinumseeker, post: 6436367]Just bought bloodborne a couple of days ago and so far i love it , but i want some advice from you guys about what i should level up first here are my stats : (lvl 31)

Vit - 23
End - 16
Str - 20
Ski - 9
Blo - 6
Arc - 7

I like using the battleaxe you get from the beginning doesnt strength affect that weapon? , thanks ![/QUOTE]

I tended to level up the first four listed pretty evenly, you can practically disregard the last two!

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="platinumseeker, post: 6436367]Just bought bloodborne a couple of days ago and so far i love it , but i want some advice from you guys about what i should level up first here are my stats : (lvl 31)

Vit - 23
End - 16
Str - 20
Ski - 9
Blo - 6
Arc - 7

I like using the battleaxe you get from the beginning doesnt strength affect that weapon? , thanks ![/QUOTE]

All soft caps are 50 except Endurance which is 40. I know Strength, Skill, and Bloodtinge builds are viable but i will have to get back to you on Arcane builds.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="platinumseeker, post: 6436430]Does the axe use strength even if it turnes to 1 handed?[/QUOTE]

Yes just be aware its highest scaling is a B in Strength at +10. The only weapon that has an S rank scaling for strength is Logarius' Wheel. I suggest trying Ludwig's Holy Blade out. Its a greatsword/rapier combo at +10 its both B scaling in Strength and Skill with a good move set. Axe does have great reach though so if thats important to you then keep it because you can beat the game with it im just giving you options.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Shockwave, post: 6436385]...you can practically disregard the last two![/QUOTE]
Surely there's a good reason to level those up though. I'm hoping so for Arcane anyway, I've spent a few points getting that up a bit. Does seem to affect some primary weapons, you can see this on the stat screen where each weapon has ratings for Str/Skl/Bld/Arc like the threaded cane has Strength effect E, Skill affect C, Bloodtinge - and Arcane D. Something like that anyway.

I've been levelling up with what seems best for my weapon choice which is the Threaded Cane and Blunderbuss. Have changed to Blunderbuss now because pistol is not having desired result :\ and the Repeating pistol was using too much ammo! Overall not been using guns much which is why my Bloodtinge is not the highest.

Really liking the Threaded cane though. It has good range and seems fair damage, especially now my Skill stat is reasonably good.

About lvl53 I think when I tunred it off last night. Stats look like this:

Vitality - 18
Endurance - 25
Strength - 10
Skill - 25
Bloodtinge - 13
Arcane - 14

Not sure what the future holds for my character though. Hoping to find some more interesting weapons soon.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
It seems to be a more Japanese thing I think, a sort of measure of how good a particular skill or stat is. Descending order of goodness is S, A, B, C, D, E...

S = special or something like that (therefore the best rating), A = next best then B, C etc etc.

Make sense?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I also think there is only 1 blood rock in the game, per play through. So make sure you use it on your favorite weapon.

The Blood Rock is required for the final weapon upgrade.

Oct 11, 2007
Do the ratings change as you level up? Like as I add points to strength if the weapon is strength based does it change from D to C?

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6436603]I also think there is only 1 blood rock in the game, per play through. So make sure you use it on your favorite weapon.

The Blood Rock is required for the final weapon upgrade.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Lethal, I might have missed that.

[QUOTE="Tezzel, post: 6436604]Do the ratings change as you level up? Like as I add points to strength if the weapon is strength based does it change from D to C?[/QUOTE]
In the section showing damage rather than required attributes then yes. I've noticed my Skill change on my threaded Cane. It's now a B rating because I've spent a few points on my Skill stat. So yes, they do change.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="platinumseeker, post: 6436613]And where is this blood rock ?[/QUOTE]

[video=youtube;rQRxIjnU1lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQRxIjnU1lM[/video]

Felix336

Apprentice
Jun 26, 2005
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6436606]In the section showing damage rather than required attributes then yes. I've noticed my Skill change on my threaded Cane. It's now a B rating because I've spent a few points on my Skill stat. So yes, they do change.[/QUOTE]
Scale ratings increase as you fortify weapons with blood shards/chunks. That then acts as a modifier for your skill/strength/etc stats and unlocks blood gem slots.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6436603]I also think there is only 1 blood rock in the game, per play through. So make sure you use it on your favorite weapon.

The Blood Rock is required for the final weapon upgrade.[/QUOTE]

1 per story playthrough. A few people on Reddit confirmed they drop in depth 5 chalice dungeons.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6436619]Thanks Lethal but personally not watching that. It'll come more naturally, hopefully :?[/QUOTE]

It is easy to miss. I missed it and had to watch the video because at the time there was no way I was going to go where you find the blood rock.

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6436646]It is easy to miss. I missed it and had to watch the video because at the time there was no way I was going to go where you find the blood rock.[/QUOTE]

Same, highly doubt I would've found it otherwise.
Same with Cainhurst Castle.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6436646]It is easy to miss. I missed it and had to watch the video because at the time there was no way I was going to go where you find the blood rock.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Shockwave, post: 6436647]Same, highly doubt I would've found it otherwise.
Same with Cainhurst Castle.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. I'm gonna persevere for now but I get what you say. I'll remember this is here just in case ;)