[OT] Cryptocurrency Discussion - Technology, Analysis, Price Predictions & More

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
[OT] Cryptocurrency Discussion - Technology, Analysis, Price Predictions & More

I figured I'd start an official discussion thread to talk about cryptocurrency. What coins are you invested in? Are you mining? Are you staking? Using liquidity pools? What exchanges / DeFi platforms do you use?

I personally am invested in Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Polygon (Matic), Harmony (ONE), and VeChain (VET).

Most of my crypto holdings are in Polygon (Matic) and I've been using staking on their main network to earn rewarded tokens. So far, I love the project. It's fast, inexpensive to use and the team behind the project is constantly working to improve the technology. They are announcing new partnerships almost daily. Out of all the cryptos out there, it's recovered from last week's sell off as one of the best. I'm hoping for it to hit $3 per coin by the weekend.

What cryptos are you interested in? Post your daily comments, interests, industry news, etc here.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I have a 3070, a 1070, and a 970 laying around. I would commit them to crypto, but iirc the returns were something like a fraction of a cent a day or something lol (not sure how accurate that source was, nor how relevant).

What's it like to run crypto nowadays? Kinda get put off mostly by youtube video's of people with an entire room full of gpus dedicated to farming crypto. In and of itself, there's nothing untoward with that, but their living situation doesn't seem to be getting better for the amount of power they''re throwing at the problem. I feel like i'd be inflating my electricity bill just for funsies.

At the moment, i still have the 3070, and 1070 doing folding with [email protected] - the 970 is retired, and holds VIP status on my shelf.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I have a 3070, a 1070, and a 970 laying around. I would commit them to crypto, but iirc the returns were something like a fraction of a cent a day or something lol (not sure how accurate that source was, nor how relevant).

What's it like to run crypto nowadays? Kinda get put off mostly by youtube video's of people with an entire room full of gpus dedicated to farming crypto. In and of itself, there's nothing untoward with that, but their living situation doesn't seem to be getting better for the amount of power they''re throwing at the problem. I feel like i'd be inflating my electricity bill just for funsies.

At the moment, i still have the 3070, and 1070 doing folding with [email protected] - the 970 is retired, and holds VIP status on my shelf.
Yeah, crypto mining isn't profitable as you're competition with massive mining farms in China. Where you can make money with your crypto holdings is via Staking, Liquidity Farming, and Yield Farming. There are tons of options out there, especially with ER-20 tokens (coins based on Ethereum). So for example, I have a ton of Matic. I have my Matic staked on the main network node, and as it's current price, I'm generating about $2,000 a week in rewarded Matic tokens.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Looking at buying my first parcel of land in Decentraland and VulcanVerse. Anyone else have experience in buying virtual real estate NFTs? Any tips?

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
How High Can Mark Cuban Take ‘Brilliant’ Polygon:
Source

DeFi Projects Continue Flocking to Layer 2 Solution Polygon:
Source

Polygon Research: Ethereum Scaling with Rollups:
Source

Crypto.com launches Matic / BTC pair.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Bitcoin Drops Ahead of Looming ‘Death Cross’
Source

Bitcoin declined about 5% over the past 24-hours as the price broke below $36,000 support. The world’s largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization is still up about 23% year-to-date, although some traders are concerned about the looming ‘death cross,’ which could indicate a shift from a bullish to bearish price trend.

The death-cross is defined by a cross of the 50-day moving average below the 200-day moving average, which could occur over the weekend.

Still, some analysts remain bullish on bitcoin relative to equities.

“When the equity tide pulls back someday, we expect bitcoin and gold to be the primary beneficiaries,” wrote Mike McGlone, commodity strategist at Bloomberg Intelligence in a Friday report.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ethereum scaling project Polygon (formerly Matic Network) has acquired Hermez Network — a ZK-Rollups-based Ethereum scaling solution — for $250 million. The two projects are also merging their native tokens — MATIC and HEZ — in the first ever such deal in the crypto space.

Source

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Crypto market finally seeing some green bars as we enter into October. Let's hope this continues through the end of the year.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Matic is back above $2 today. Woot woot. Going strong and a lot of bullish news circling it. Could we see $3-5 by end of the year?

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I apologize for not updating this thread regularly. Although, here is a new video update from the CoinBureau on Polygon/Matic. Feeling extremely bullish on it.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ethereum’s Merge Upgrade Goes Live Today on Ropsten Testnet
Source

Ethereum’s Merge—the blockchain’s much-anticipated transition from its current proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism to a proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus algorithm—will be one step closer today if the planned trial upgrade on the Ropsten public testnet goes as planned later today.
First rolled out in 2016, Ropsten is Ethereum’s oldest testnet that allows for blockchain development testing before deployment on the mainnet. Similar to other testnets, it is identical to the mainnet, with the key difference that no “real” funds are at risk if any technical issues occur.

The date for the upgrade was first announced on May 18 when Ethereum core developer Terence Tsao broke the news that configuration for Ropsten’s Beacon Chain—a PoS network that runs alongside Ethereum's mainnet—had been merged and client releases should be expected soon.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Polygon on way to reaching mass adoption with major partnerships
Source

Highlights:
Sports - DraftKings, NFL, Liverpool Football Club
Fashion - Dolce & Gabbana, Macy's, Adidas & Prada
Technology - Adobe, Meta, eBay
Finance - Stripe (Twitter), Circle & Tether

19,000 dApps, 11,000+ developers and 2.7 million monthly active wallets.

Polygon Development:
Plasma Chain - Live
Hermez - Live (Hermez 2.0 launching soon)
Edge - Live
NightFall - Live on TestNet
Avail - Launching to TestNet soon
Miden - In development
Zero - In development
Enterprise - Announced

Polygon's co-founder Sandeep confident Polygon will make it into the Top 3 in marketcap behind Bitcoin & Ethereum.

Polygon just made a major hire...bringing on marketing veteran from Meta & Microsoft, Jennifer Kattula. In addition, Polygon brought on former Airbnb HR head, Bhumika Srivastava.