[OT] Cyberpunk 2077

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cool mod, but even if I like the Borderlands series I don't think I would play the game this way (if I was going to play it on PC).

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Been exploring the city since finishing the game. Trying to get to places the devs probably would prefer you didn't get to etc. It's kinda cool how stuff that's far outside what the player would see in normal gameplay still 'makes sense'. There are a few parts in between big buildings where there is just empty space, but you can get really high up and the cities design still holds up; Walkways between buildings etc. make sense.
Also surprised at how much of the city beyond where you play still has collision.

Last weekend, I kinda wanted to scratch an itch i had since starting the game and it was exploring peachtrees (Megablock 10). If you go down far enough you trigger an automatic death. But you can go up as far as you want.

Managed to get all the way up to almost the very top. The only thing stopping is there is no collision anymore. So you just fall to your death.

There may be invisible walls that you can jump onto but i can't be arsed looking for them lol.
(Everything above here has no collision, you just phase through it)

(Looking down you're high enough that the game starts culling the level you play in)

Also found this out on my way up:
You can get to V's apartment, and get all the endgame loot - including the ending clothing if you liked the way it looked - without actually going down that ending path.

It's literally just a hop away.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Found out a little glitch which you can use during my city limit explorations (mostly only useful if you're dicking around), but maybe some use here and there.

The slide animation is tied to the length of the slide, and the slide length is determined by how much horizontal velocity you have: Keep your speed up in some way and you'll slide for eternity, for example.

You will also take no fall damage during a slide. The damage is applied after the slide animation ends (if there is any damage to be had).

Fall damage is also only counted from the last 'fall' that occurred.

You can use this to fall from heights that might ordinarily kill/hurt you, and walk away with no damage. You just need to hit something raised up that you might 'fall' off of that's within damage threshold, while you are still sliding.

For example: You can slide off a skyscraper and fall several hundred meters and hit a lamp post, then walk away Scott free. This is because the 'fall damage' is counted from your last fall (which is from the lamp post in my example). The skyscraper fall is therefore negated.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Found out a little glitch which you can use during my city limit explorations (mostly only useful if you're dicking around), but maybe some use here and there.

The slide animation is tied to the length of the slide, and the slide length is determined by how much horizontal velocity you have: Keep your speed up in some way and you'll slide for eternity, for example.

You will also take no fall damage during a slide. The damage is applied after the slide animation ends (if there is any damage to be had).

Fall damage is also only counted from the last 'fall' that occurred.

You can use this to fall from heights that might ordinarily kill/hurt you, and walk away with no damage. You just need to hit something raised up that you might 'fall' off of that's within damage threshold, while you are still sliding.

For example: You can slide off a skyscraper and fall several hundred meters and hit a lamp post, then walk away Scott free. This is because the 'fall damage' is counted from your last fall (which is from the lamp post in my example). The skyscraper fall is therefore negated.
I knew about the slide to avoid fall damage glitch, but didn't know you can infinite slide if you keep your speed up. That's cool! I'm still going to wait for the January and February patches and maybe first DLC before I do another playthrough though. After playing Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk is trash.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cyberpunk 2077 Console Performance Review - Patch 1.10 - 1.11 (IGN/NX Gamer)

So this is why we haven't seen anything new from NX Gamer in a while, he's doing stuff for IGN at the moment. This is the second video I've seen that he does for IGN.

When it comes to the latest patch it seems there's still a long way to go before this game is in a good state on console. And as usual he's way better at getting to the point faster and dig deeper into the subject than Digital Foundry usually is.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
One of the issues with this guys stuff is im not too sure he has the same technical expertise as the guys from DF. In the same sentence he said it tears, but is also double buffered v-synced... Ignoring everything else, this is kinda elementary understanding imho (you can even see in his frametime readout that it cant be tearing because the frames are synced).

On the patch tho, i don't think CDPR said this would be a perf. update did they (as badly in need as it may be on the base consoles)? It was just a stability patch, yeah? I watched to the end but not too sure if it was covered. But in saying this, i genuinely have no idea how stable the title is on console to begin with.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
This is a major bummer, but apparently CD Projekt Red is cancelling the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077’s Standalone Multiplayer Experience Has Been Cancelled
Source

So far, this game has been a major letdown. I'll check back later this year after they release a couple DLC packs for the game. As of now, the latest 1.2 Patch didn't really do much but fix a bunch of game breaking bugs. Despite the patch though, there are still a lot of normal bugs/glitches and much of the gameplay experience remains the same. I suppose they updated the driving mechanics, but combat, dialogue, NPC AI, etc are still lacking. I suppose some of this will never be fixed.

Last edited:

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
This is a major bummer, but apparently CD Projekt Red is cancelling the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk 2077’s Standalone Multiplayer Experience Has Been Cancelled
Source

So far, this game has been a major letdown. I'll check back later this year after they release a couple DLC packs for the game. As of now, the latest 1.2 Patch didn't really do much but fix a bunch of game breaking bugs. Despite the patch though, there are still a lot of normal bugs/glitches and much of the gameplay experience remains the same. I suppose they updated the driving mechanics, but combat, dialogue, NPC AI, etc are still lacking. I suppose some of this will never be fixed.
Meh! I couldn't care less if the game gets multiplayer or not. For me that's not a big deal at all.

Yeah, I think their main focus is going to be fixing bugs right now, I wouldn't expect to get new content right now. The 1.2 patch is a step in the right direction, even if it doesn't fix everything. It was a really big patch with over 500 fixes in it. That says something about what a bad state the game was released in and that they at least are trying to fix it. But there's probably a few more of these patches before the game is in a state where they can start to focus on other things. Personally I won't get this game until there's a PS5 patch, I will probably have to wait a while for that.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Honestly, after exploring Night City, i had no idea how they planned to pull off a multiplayer component.
It's so easy to get to places that effectively breaks the game. It would have been a nightmare for multiplayer with people shooting you from inside walls, under the ground, hiding out of bounds etc.

Point in case; you can return to the starting heist location at any point after you've done the mission. They try to lock you out, but the walls are only solid at ground level, and they provide ample geometry for you to get above that with even the starting jump - never mind any of the other enhancements.

But, i think in the most recent patch they curbed one of the little glitches i used to get back from such places. Fall damage doesn't get reset, so i think you just die. Bummer, i used that to get all over the place, then just jump off when i got stuck.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Meant to post this ages ago about the games utterly bonkers SMG recoil patterns:

I hadn't used the SMG until just before this point, and was bloody struggling to get the thing under control. So found a space to check the recoil pattern and burst out laughing when the damn thing nearly cleared the wall.

In other news: Looks like cyberpunk is making a play to get back on the PS store.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.23: PS4/Pro vs PS5 - Ready For PSN Store Comeback? (DF)

Looks like there's slightly improved performance, but still a long way to go before it's good. I really hope this game is in a good state when the PS5/XBox SS/SX version is released.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.23: PS4/Pro vs PS5 - Ready For PSN Store Comeback? (DF)

Looks like there's slightly improved performance, but still a long way to go before it's good. I really hope this game is in a good state when the PS5/XBox SS/SX version is released.
Yeah, I think people just need to give up on the PS4 / Xbox One version and wait for the native PS5 / Xbox Series X versions.