[OT] Destiny 2

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Now I know many people find the first game a little hit and miss but Destiny 2 looks a completely different game thanks to it now only being on current generation consoles, no more PS3 and Xbox version to hold it back. The gameplay reveal was last night so watch the video's below and I shall leave you to make up your own mind! But to me it looks like it's going to be epic:

Gameplay video:

[video=youtube;7iNojdDWA9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iNojdDWA9o[/video]

Planet Destiny round up:

[video=youtube;XETyQz72qLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETyQz72qLo[/video]

First crucible video:

[video=youtube;abjOdWHZLc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjOdWHZLc0[/video]

Full live stream:

[video=youtube;Daey6qGgLKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daey6qGgLKU[/video]

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is Activision so it's kinda expected...

I watched the Jackfrags video... and if you removed the game title i'd be none the wiser that what i was being shown was Destiny's sequel. Truth be told, it just looked like Destiny 1. That may be a good thing in some peoples books, but as far as im concerned, they plan to charge full price for this one again... at least try to feign some sort of TLC.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6529296]Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is Activision so it's kinda expected...

I watched the Jackfrags video... and if you removed the game title i'd be none the wiser that what i was being shown was Destiny's sequel. Truth be told, it just looked like Destiny 1. That may be a good thing in some peoples books, but as far as im concerned, they plan to charge full price for this one again... at least try to feign some sort of TLC.[/QUOTE]

That's fair enough, the game is a bit like Marmite you either love or it hate it!

Have to admit thought for all it's faults it's still one of the only games I go back to, most of my gripes seem to be sorted out in 2 but I guess we shall wait and see, can't wait to take part in the beta!

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6529298]That's fair enough, the game is a bit like Marmite you either love or it hate it!

Have to admit thought for all it's faults it's still one of the only games I go back to, most of my gripes seem to be sorted out in 2 but I guess we shall wait and see, can't wait to take part in the beta![/QUOTE]
I think this one is coming to PC also? So that might help some.

It may fair better on that platform on account of it being an FPS. When i watch people play it, it makes me not want to play the game at all. People make it look like aiming is the hardest thing on earth, which i'm sure isn't the case! :snicker

But i can see the appeal, I personally like to go back to Warframe. Which has many parallels with Destiny.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6529300]I think this one is coming to PC also? So that might help some.

It may fair better on that platform on account of it being an FPS. When i watch people play it, it makes me not want to play the game at all. People make it look like aiming is the hardest thing on earth, which i'm sure isn't the case! :snicker

But i can see the appeal, I personally like to go back to Warframe. Which has many parallels with Destiny.[/QUOTE]

It is coming to PC correct, think a lot of PC gamers were screaming out for it so makes sense!

A lot of people say Warframe is Destiny done right, have played it but couldn't really get on with it that well but can see the parallels between the 2.

Now it's not being held back by the PS3 and 360 the game world is a lot bigger apparently and a lot more can be done with constant live events happening etc which is nice, no mre having to go to orbit to start activities either! This is a dream come true to all Destiny fans :lol:

Last edited:

Venger

Forum Elder
Jun 16, 2005
Has anyone played the beta yet? Other than me.

The game looks and feels a lot the same, though I'm not sure all the graphics are final (particularly the trees in the cut scenes of your guardian arriving at the embattled city at the beginning, and some of the interstitials like your ship floating in orbit.) Main changes I've noticed to gameplay is the addition of named enhanced bad guys, sort of like mini-bosses. There were always elites with yellow damage bars, but now some of them have names and 3 part damage bars. The multi-part damage bar thing seems to apply to strike bosses as well, with each sub section of the bar triggering a transition to a new location. I'm not sure things are completely tweaked and balanced yet, lot of recoil on weapons for both classes I played, more than I remember from legendary and better weapons. Ironically if you get killed by a named mini boss the game usually suggests you have a higher light level before fighting them, but the beta has no way to affect that.

The beta itself however is pretty sparse compared to the Destiny 1 beta. It doesn't have character creation, everyone gets to choose one of 3 pre made guardians, all at level 20, all with 200 light, all with a full set of purple gear. Each class seems to get a different yellow weapon in the course of what appears to be the complete opening story mission. Once done though the game only offers 2 crucible stages and 1 strike, no access to an open area like in the first beta. There's no much difference to the opening mission based on your class, though one of the characters does correctly call your class when speaking to you, and the yellow weapon changes (though that could be random, I guess). Ships seem to be random, or at least the two classes I've run through the beta on had different ones, neither of which I can recall seeing in Destiny 1. All three pre made characters are women, and seem to have the same voice and dialog. Nolan North is the voice of your Ghost.

The story mission starts to set up the new status quo for Destiny, but doesn't go much beyond the loss of the Tower and there's a relatively big issue at the end that should have a significant impact on game play, but which isn't really reflected in the one strike the beta includes.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
Destiny 1 as it released day 1 was a let down, the story was non-existent and it lacked content. However once the first 2 expansions had dropped it was a much better game, lots of content, lots to do but still the story lacked. Hopefully they've learnt lessons if they can nail a decent story and it comes with plenty of content then they are on to a big winner in my book because theres nothing wrong with the gameplay or graphics.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
For those whom are looking forward to Destiny 2, I really hope you all don't get screwed over like the early Destiny 1 adopters did. Sadly, I got a feeling things are going to have a repeat so the best advise I can give is to proceed with caution.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Not really feeling like there's a difference between Destiny 1 or Destiny 2 honestly.
For me it's just the same shit. Just like Call of Duty has been for years.
Except different guns and story and whatnot...

Meh.
I'll play through it though. Mainly to try get platinum on it.

Nov 7, 2017
Have to admit thought for all it's faults it's still one of the only games I go back to, most of my gripes seem to be sorted out in 2 Aisi hai Tanhai but I guess we shall wait and see, can't wait to take part in the beta!!!

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Arydigital, post: 6534074]Have to admit thought for all it's faults it's still one of the only games I go back to, most of my gripes seem to be sorted out in 2 but I guess we shall wait and see, can't wait to take part in the beta![/QUOTE]

This post reads like it should have been posted about 4 months ago :lol: