[OT] Detroit: Become Human

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

EDIT: Since this thread was necro-bumped, it is now the official thread for the game.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Same length as the previous two Quantic Dream-developed games, at around 8-10 hours, but there will be a lot of replayability, according to David Cage.

Source

Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Iv played all there games and I like them very much put the space is becoming much needed nowadays with only 500GB PS4, so this will be played deleted then sold!

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
David Cage pushing the hype again for what will probably be another mediocre story and experience.

Apparently this time he'll have editors though, so maybe it'll be better than his previous games.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6516100]David Cage pushing the hype again for what will probably be another mediocre story and experience.

Apparently this time he'll have editors though, so maybe it'll be better than his previous games.[/QUOTE]
True that! I actually played Heavy Rain with the French Dub, and subtitles. The english dub felt so jarring, as if pulled out of a really bad theatre piece.

This one looks interesting though, remains to be seen whether its gameplay shakes things up a bit compared to previous entries from the studio.

Hopefully the android you are in control of is characterised correctly - Kinda like Shepard from Mass Effect. If everything else about this game fails, at the very least people could mould the protagonist to suit their own particular proclivities.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Been playing this the past week now. It's a pretty decent game, though I enjoyed Heavy Rain more. I have to say, I am infatuated with the North character. She's hot :)

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I completed this one over a weekend (was a quiet weekend!)

Overall I found it very good, the story was a little cliché in places and kinda predictable in others but overall progressed at a nice pace. Control wise it followed the QTE-fest that was seen with HR and B:TS but inputs were responsive and, to be honest, I don't mind them anyway. At least it didn't have the 2 hour 'slow burn' start of heavy rain. Graphically stunning as expected and as a whole David Cage's best game thus far in my opinion

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
For a 49.99 price tag no thanks. Maybe at 24.99 half price I'll buy it. Iv played heavy rain and enjoyed it but that was years ago but this looks better!! Just waiting on price drop then I can get another game along with this.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
I completed this one over a weekend (was a quiet weekend!)

Overall I found it very good, the story was a little cliché in places and kinda predictable in others but overall progressed at a nice pace. Control wise it followed the QTE-fest that was seen with HR and B:TS but inputs were responsive and, to be honest, I don't mind them anyway. At least it didn't have the 2 hour 'slow burn' start of heavy rain. Graphically stunning as expected and as a whole David Cage's best game thus far in my opinion
Finished mine recently too! It really does make me want to play a part 2. The ending on mine left me wanting more. The entire menu system was slick too.

sadspyro

Jun 18, 2019
I think that Cage's games are all masterpieces since Indigo Prophecy. Detroit just a little bit ito the future gaming and controlled-movie stuff.