[OT] Devil May Cry 5

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
It's all just rumors for now, but it definitely looks like Devil May Cry 5 is coming. I'd suspect that Capcom will wait for people to pick up the HD collection first and perhaps reveal it at E3 2018 with a Q4 2018 release date.

Here's the Devil May Cry 5 rumors so far.

Nov 20, 2017
Barcelona
Apparently the dmc reboot didn't sell very good being its original release an all time low for the franchise so it'd make very little sense even commercially for emo Dante (or Donte) to return. Also, if the next game ends up being called DMC5 instead of dmc2... It'd be crystal clear.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Apparently the dmc reboot didn't sell very good being its original release an all time low for the franchise so it'd make very little sense even commercially for emo Dante (or Donte) to return. Also, if the next game ends up being called DMC5 instead of dmc2... It'd be crystal clear.
Most people didn't take kindly to the new guy ... and his dialogue was really stupid and cringey. My favorite was the exchange between him and one of the bosses ... "fuck you ... no ... FUCK YOU." They need to reboot the whole thing .... preferably with the original Dante. Or ... just something not like the emo reboot.

Survival Horror

Superior Member
Jan 25, 2015
Character's design is really important for me on Devil May Cry series, but some times, is better to have some patience. I was completely negative when first saw the emo Dante, but game was good.

So, this time, even if dont like Dante with the first sight, will wait for the gameplay, so i can have a completely view and opinion.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I hope they can take some hints on expanding on the action gameplay side of things from Bayonetta. To which I do hope Capcom gets Platinum Games involved in this Devil May Cry entry.

I wonder from the rumors regarding bringing back Dante and Nero will be likely storywise I could imagine Vergil will only be for gameplay side of things like in DMC4?