[OT] Driveclub: #NotBroken

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6387038]to me the game is fun as hell and challenging[/QUOTE]

Which of your ID's is your main? I'll add you when I go in my living room my nig.

May 25, 2013
[QUOTE="TidalPhoenix, post: 6387075]It teases. Just sat there all pre-loaded with it's evil countdown timer just sneering at me. :([/QUOTE]
Haha same. That damn countdown timer.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
honestly not only it looks boring, for some reason, the streams looked nowhere near as good as the preview videos. also i can't download it yet from PS+...

noD

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6386991]THIS GAME IS WOW! This is what I've been asking for a realistic racing game with a little bit of arcade in there to slide through corners and what not. About to start streaming, not going to talk or respond to any questions. Will be too busy playing, also playing with hud off[/QUOTE]

Agree, tons of fun.
The AI don't play around, they will make you work. courses are awesome. Drafting is your friend.
Need to play single player 1st anyway, if online and using borrowed car you don't get credits.

Jun 17, 2013
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6387037]How's the game for everyone? Does it drive smooth? I'm still waiting for the PS+ Edition. I did have it reserved and was gonna pick it up, but over the course of the last month it just wasn't sitting right with me. Was gonna let the PS+ Edition be my final judgement on whether to go get the hard copy. So how's it going? What does it play like? Was the wait well worth it aside from the absurd online issues?[/QUOTE]

Like mullah said it is fun and quite challenging if you let it. You have the ability to just race and have whatever time be yours but you can also really go at it get the best time possible and the game will reward you. It'll also punish you to the point of putting you out of contention if you try something stupid. Once the online stuff finally comes up I'm sure things will get that much better. I'm playing on Legend mode exclusively, and the AI is no joke let me tell you. You gotta know your sh*t. Oh and there is that small part about how frickin BEAUTIFUL it is. One example that comes to mind is if you're racing around sunset time and you're driving towards the sun, you WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT, be able to see the track. The glare is crazy. I think you should just get it.

Jun 17, 2013
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6387043]already have you on my friendlist YoungMullah88

i need the damn bentley for the best of british race, the lotus is too damn slow....then to get the bentley, you need a club level of 3! smh[/QUOTE]
Yeah i know right. They need to get this sh*t sorted. Pains of early adoption I guess.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Sony really under estimated the amount of traffic they'll be getting everytime they release a new game! Sigh...Level 20 and loving every bit of it. Lol don't criticize this game until you've played it. There's something about the controls that just gels, and trying to control and tame the more powerful cars is a pleasure when you finally get it under control and use the strengths and weaknesses to your advantage.

Lol and the AI, I love it. It take no shit, it'll Draft your ass and when you try to block them, they'll spin you out lol.

The graphics is just the icing on the cake, I'm going too fast to notice them anyways and my preferred view is the dashboard (not the cockpit) view, man those leather textures.

Out of all the cars I've unlocked, the Bentley sports is a speed demon but can't drift for shit (AWD) but the Aston is also fast and you drift it. The massarati is a drift king followed by the m3.

I also like how they don't tell you if a car is AWD or RWD but instead you feel it when you go to drift and how the Bentley and the audi (my fav) RS5 Understeer While the rear wheel drives, you can throw them around. I'm in love bruh, this game will be with me for a while

Last edited:

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Not done gushing about the game, if you think you'll just go at it cutting corners? Nope the game will penalize you by stalling the engine for a couple of seconds and that shit will drive you crazy in time trials but it makes you better because you'll be pushing the cars to there limits and the track layout are one of the best fantasy tracks I've experienced. I've enjoyed all the tracks so far and the point to point races are a bliss in a fast car just hearing that engine sound screaming with London elektricity : just one second (apex edition) on repeat playing in the background. I swear I spent an hour Jay playing time trial shaving seconds off my time.

Last edited:

Captncoke49

Superior Member
Feb 8, 2006
Frederick,MD
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6387162]Sony really under estimated the amount of traffic they'll be getting everytime they release a new game! Sigh...Level 20 and loving every bit of it. Lol don't criticize this game until you've played it. There's something about the controls that just gels, and trying to control and take the more powerful cars is a pleasure when you finally get it under control and use the strengths and weaknesses to your advantage.

Lol and the AI, I love it. It take no shit, it'll Draft your ass and when you try to block them, they'll spin you out lol.

The graphics is just the icing on the cake, I'm going too fast to notice them anyways and my preferred view is the dashboard (not the cockpit) view, mam those leather textures.

Out of all the cats I've unlocked, the Bentley sports is a speed demon but can't drift for shit (AWD) but the Aston is also fast and you drift it. The massarati is a drift king followed by the m3.

I also like how they don't tell you if a car is AWD or RWD but instead you feel it when you go to drift and how the Bentley and the audi (my fav) RS5 Understeer While the rear wheel drives, you can throw them around. I'm in love bruh, this game will be with me for a while[/QUOTE]

I think Sony underestimated this game period. No promotion leading up to launch (no commercials). Fuck the reviews, this game is legit. Not perfect, but what game is? I'll be playing this for a while and I have no regrets. Look forward to racing online.

Jun 17, 2013
Time trial due date is changed to TBD. Waiting network issues to be resolved since the PS+ Edition still isnt released. Still need club name suggestions though.

Jun 17, 2013
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6387171]Oh and I play with my HUD off, the map is a distraction to me. I use the flags to dictate how fast to take a turn[/QUOTE]

Yeah I usually use the map in other racing games but I find those flags actually more beneficial to use. I'm also gonna try the motion control for steering later. I hear its pretty spot on. Using the sticks is just too twichty for me.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
just like the other guy in the review thread, not everyone will like the game that's for sure but man I love it.

Lol buddy complaining about raves getting tougher because the AI has a more powerful car? Well no shit it'll be hard because now you have to actually try driving rather than using the AI cars as barrier to bounce off of. The harder racers I've enjoyed the most, 3 lap races and on the 3rd lap I'm still in 8 spots but then you maintain a good driving line could with drafting and you'll see yourself in the top 3. THE AI IS AGGRESSIVE! They will not brake for you just because you're brake checking them lol

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
But we can set it up manually and just take a picture like I did and post it up until the servers cone back up

The sticks are good for me, when accelerating they're firm but once you let go off the gas pedal the cars tend to slide...and I love that going into turn. Can't wait for T300RS. Been hearing retorts that the game limits quick down shifts. When in manual mode. Like when you hit the paddle shift twice to down shift into a turn it only goes down 1 gear

Last edited:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
i'm a casual fan of racing games so my standards aren't that high. if the game is fun, it's fun. i had fun with GT5 as well as the previous GTs. i guess i didn't think it looked fun because there's no online yet. also heard there's no dynamic weather yet.

the game didn't look like what they promised us. but we'll see. if the core gameplay is fun enough, i don't mind waiting for the updates.

Jun 17, 2013
No because not all these guys have the game yet. Some of them were going to use the PS+ version first. That's why I picked that car and track. So everyone had access to it.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
There is dynamic weather, the game transitions from a sunny day to evening then night....looks pretty awesome. Obviously you're talking about rain, snow, lightning and all that jazz. They've said it's coming before December and the plus edition will be getting all the patches. Believe the AI will give you better races than actually humans that'll want to play bumper car. The only way I'm playing online is with a group from here or gaf, not racing randoms.

What did they promise us?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6387191]There is dynamic weather, the game transitions from a sunny day to evening then night....looks pretty awesome. Obviously you're talking about rain, snow, lightning and all that jazz. They've said it's coming before December and the plus edition will be getting all the patches. Believe the AI will give you better races than actually humans that'll want to play bumper car. The only way I'm playing online is with a group from here or gaf, not racing randoms.

What did they promise us?[/QUOTE]
i was under the impression that the game was going to have weather day 1.