[OT] E3 2021 Discussion & Live Streams

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
E3 2021 Discussion & Live Streams

This thread can be used for discussing the E3 2021 virtual game show. We can talk about the latest reveals, gameplay trailers and more. Before things kick off, feel free to speculate on what games we'll see or major announcements. Talk about what you're most anticipated / hyped for and what are some of the biggest disappointments.

Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 Livestream - June 12th

Gearbox E3 2021 Showcase Livestream - June 12th

Xbox & Bethesda Games E3 2021 Showcase Livestream - June 13th

Square Enix Presents E3 2021 Livestream - June 13th

PC Gaming Show E3 2021 Livestream - June 13th

Capcom E3 2021 Showcase Livestream - June 14th

Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Livestream - June 15th

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Game Announcements & Videos from Ubisoft Foward 2021

Riders Republic - Deep Dive Trailer

Far Cry 6 - Become The Villain: Season Pass Trailer

Rainbow Six Extraction: Gameplay Deep Dive Reveal

Rainbow Six Extraction - Cinematic Reveal Trailer

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Official E3 Trailer

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Overall the Ubisoft and Gearbox presentations was really disappointing. And that's even though I didn't have any expectations before watching them. Ubisoft because they simply doesn't have much at all that interest me, none of the new stuff they showed was exciting to me. Gearbox was just terrible. They didn't show anything new and the only thing they showed that I'm interested in (the Borderlands spinoff) was the exact same trailer that was shown earlier. On top of that they tried to be funny with their presentation and they completely missed the mark, imo.

So, I'm hoping that Square Enix, PC Gaming Show and Capcom has better and more exciting things to show. I even hope XBox brings their A-game, that they show actual gameplay and not just cinematics.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Ok, so the XBox presentation was the best one so far, I gotta give them that. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that it was really good. It was ok. They started off really strong and then there was mostly multi-platform games, timed exclusives and cinematics of the few games that was XBox/PC only. It's definitely better than any big presentation they've done the last decade or so. If this wasn't an XBox presentation it would've been really good, but since it was, I don't feel like they quite hit the mark when it comes to promoting their own stuff. Maybe bext time they will have more of their own stuff to show.

The Square Enix show was overall quite meh, imo. They had one or two games that looked interesting, the rest was meh, imo. I don't have much more than that to say about their presentation.

Sep 10, 2005
Ok, so the XBox presentation was the best one so far, I gotta give them that. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that it was really good. It was ok. They started off really strong and then there was mostly multi-platform games, timed exclusives and cinematics of the few games that was XBox/PC only. It's definitely better than any big presentation they've done the last decade or so. If this wasn't an XBox presentation it would've been really good, but since it was, I don't feel like they quite hit the mark when it comes to promoting their own stuff. Maybe bext time they will have more of their own stuff to show.

The Square Enix show was overall quite meh, imo. They had one or two games that looked interesting, the rest was meh, imo. I don't have much more than that to say about their presentation.
I can safely say after the todays xbox show,Sony execs can have a nice long vacation this summer without worries lol Even tho i agree it was their best show in years....And i did liked some games,not next gen but still some were nice...

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Uhmm.. That's a pretty cynical way of looking at things.

Microsoft focused on games that are on sight for this and next year and yet they managed to pull a great show. Forza Horizon for this year was a big and pleasant surprise to me. Starfield 2022, Xbox ecosystem only was a big blow as well. It's also clear that the next Elder Scrolls will be exclusive. Those two games are big losses for PlayStation's platform. I honestly thought at one point that it'd a timed exclusive given the time invested in PS development, but no. It's NOT gonna be the case.

Stalker 2 looks stunning, even better if you take a look at the Direct Feed trailer.

Halo Infinite is looking much better and its multiplayer is confirmed to be Free 2 Play. Nice.

Redfall looked a bit bizarre but Arkane is a great developer so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

There were plenty of little "surprises" like The Outer Worlds 2, Hades to GP and A Plague Tale: Requiem.

If it wasn't enough, almost all of them will be on Game Pass Day 1, and they didn't even had to mention other big guns to make a great show, which only talks about the wealth of studios Xbox is enjoying right now.

So no... I'm sure Jim Ryan isn't pleased by this presentation. Microsoft's library keeps growing and Game Pass keeps increasing its value, something that is currently out of reach for Sony. This is definitely not where they foresaw to be just 3 years ago when Xbox seemed to be on its final days. A lot has happened since then and it's all good news for Xbox Owners.

Great show.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I genuinely wonder how many people hyping Stalker, have even bothered to play the first(s)? Or even have any idea what you're supposed to do beyond just the moody atmosphere portrayed in the trailers?

I say this because you see it time and time again with gamers; The same thing happened with Mirrors Edge: Catalyst. People barely have any idea what they're getting hyped for, then the thing launches, and its somehow the devs fault that the game is a "disappointment". When in actual fact, the devs showed a pretty accurate portrayal in their pr material. Like, i vividly remember wondering what people were getting hyped about with Catalyst, that was different from Mirrors Edge...

This sucks because, again like Catalyst, this sort of shithousery can cause genuinely good ip's to fall by the wayside.

Having played the first titles, and then subsequently modded it to be 10x better, the stuff i've seen for stalker does look pretty exciting! But on that same note, it also looks very familiar.
I'd wager if the original did not do anything for you, this one might not either.

This game can be slow... punctuated with brief bouts of terror as you survive by the slimmest margins (be it against monster, or human enemies). Just as an example; I once went venturing into an old bunker. Not much was happening save for there being no lights, so as far as i was concerned, it was old and derelict. Then all of a sudden i rock up on enemy faction doing their thing and proceed to get into a firefight. Since you die quite quickly, i spent most of the time dodging bullets, holding corners, and picking them off as i tried nto run back out. Used all my medkits, suit completely damaged, hungry and thirsty, and out of ammo. I ended up picking up two of the enemies rifles and did not drop any of mine so was overburdened; One jammed, and no lie, headshot the last guy with the last bullet in the second rifles magazine! Then i walked the 5-10 mins back to base to get patched up (and was genuinely terrified the whole way back of hearing a chimera roar!).
I remember this because it sticks out amongst the general play of the game, where you spend a lot of time traipsing about, left to your own thoughts on the world of stalker.

I would generally recommend people here pick up the first titles and give them a spin. Then mod them for an overall experience that's objectively better. Maybe just mod outright since the gunplay is jank to the max by today's standards. It might make '2' all the more better for you!!

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Babylon's Fall - E3 2021 Trailer

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Trailer

Guardian's of the Galaxy E3 2021 Gameplay Trailer

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
So far there hasn't been much peeked my interest so far this E3. Eiyuden Chronicle by Suikoden developers is looking good I like what I'm seeing. Probably the biggest surprise so far is from Xseed is Rune Factory 4 and Story Of Seasons going full multiplatform.

The conferences have been disappointing so far. Summer Game Fest has even been better and that wasn't anything great.

Squares conference wasn't good at all. Team Ninja and Nomura's Team game looks odd modern FF characters mixing with FF1 seems weird to me gameplay might be alright but everything else.

Nomura works on too many games which the quality for the games aren't good. Like I say whether it's him taking on too much work or if it's SE management.

Babylon's Fall I was disappointed to be honest I just don't feel it. More of a co-op multiplayer game.

MS Conference didn't do much for me either usually overhyped like it has been for years . MS haven't changed by showing CGI trailers continuosly. Slightly better than other ones. Mostly Co-op multiplayer games and too many shooters.

Starfield was expected to be exclusive but I don't care about it anyway.

Nothing to convince me to buy a Xbox. I can see why Sony decides to skip E3 even if I don't agree with some of their decisions they have been making.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Yeah, Eiyuden Chronicle looked pretty good. I have a feeling the reason the E3 showings this year were kind of lame was because of COVID. Everything got pushed out a year. I imagine next years show will have a lot more. Plus, this year they are still showing cross-gen games. Nothing that's really console exclusive that uses the full power of the next gen platforms.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, Eiyuden Chronicle looked pretty good. I have a feeling the reason the E3 showings this year were kind of lame was because of COVID. Everything got pushed out a year. I imagine next years show will have a lot more. Plus, this year they are still showing cross-gen games. Nothing that's really console exclusive that uses the full power of the next gen platforms.
Yeah, the main problem for me overall, is that there has been a lack of gameplay that show what the games are going to be like. There has mostly been a lot of cinematics, interviews and scripted in engine "gameplay" shown so far in this E3. I don't know if Covid is the reason that a lot of studios doesn't have much to show, or if it's just too early for most studios to show something new and exciting. Hopefully, as you say, it will be better next year.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I watched the PC Gaming Show and Future Games Show, and they were both pretty meh, imo. There was only one or two games in each of these shows that looked kind of interesting to me.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I can safely say after the todays xbox show,Sony execs can have a nice long vacation this summer without worries lol Even tho i agree it was their best show in years....And i did liked some games,not next gen but still some were nice...
I wouldn't quite go that far, but it was pretty clear that they didn't have that much (exclusive stuff) to show yet. I'm sure it will come later down the line, with all the studios they have got right now. I don't think Sony can relax too much, I'd rather see them stay on their toes and keep the quality games coming.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Sony has its own agenda of course, if they try to pace themself with MS they would have 3 exc last gen and that would be enough to crash MS. Xbox conferance was ok, has games of course, but still no corridor, action or a nice RPG that aims to be gen defining or GOTY contender. All good games but just good games thats all. Can't wait to see what sony cooking, Heard they have a digital even on the start of the July.

Sep 10, 2005
I wouldn't quite go that far, but it was pretty clear that they didn't have that much (exclusive stuff) to show yet. I'm sure it will come later down the line, with all the studios they have got right now. I don't think Sony can relax too much, I'd rather see them stay on their toes and keep the quality games coming.
Sony is never relaxed.They will go full force there is no doubt about it.All that i need from Sony is to continue making high Quality games...And as of now they never disappoint.As for MS their exclusives (assuming they are great..) are so many years away,most 2023 and beyond...I'm not hyped for games that are so far away.When they are close to release we will see then..

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah, the main problem for me overall, is that there has been a lack of gameplay that show what the games are going to be like. There has mostly been a lot of cinematics, interviews and scripted in engine "gameplay" shown so far in this E3. I don't know if Covid is the reason that a lot of studios doesn't have much to show, or if it's just too early for most studios to show something new and exciting. Hopefully, as you say, it will be better next year.
Yup lot of companies do it and usually I don't take much for granted until I see the gameplay. MS has done this for years and years they had many chances to prove this which is the thing. Lot of people say every year this is the best E3 yet and the same with the Game Awards.

Sony has its own agenda of course, if they try to pace themself with MS they would have 3 exc last gen and that would be enough to crash MS. Xbox conferance was ok, has games of course, but still no corridor, action or a nice RPG that aims to be gen defining or GOTY contender. All good games but just good games thats all. Can't wait to see what sony cooking, Heard they have a digital even on the start of the July.
I absolutely agree. Yeah one thing im glad is Sony is giving freedom to developers who worked for big companies in smaller studios that is a good way to get some console exclusives.

Yeah I can tell that Eiyuden Chronicles gameplay looks legit with the numbers and what they're trying to achieve with it. A different take on the Turn Based Genre with fighting a monster in the waterfall or archers fighting on a hill with enemies below. Even though the game is a couple of years away.

Yeah I think ambition and passion is what I miss from the industry and if it's just me it's not what it used to be but there are developers such as FFXIV's composer working while battling cancer and I can tell that team put all their devotion into making FFXIV great . I don't have anything against cross gen I can understand it from a financial perspective and it has been more difficult with Covid. Developers are more interested in just putting things on many platforms as possible rather than having a passion making the best game you can make.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I watched the Capcom show and I really don't know why they even bothered to have one. They had absolutely nothing to show it felt like. And I checked out the Nintendo show and they pretty much just confirmed to me that their stuff overall is not my cup of tea. It probably helps if you really like what Nintendo has to offer, like BotW2 for example, but for me it wasn't interesting at all.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Out of what Nintendo has to offer I'm really excited for Shin Megami Tensei V and No More Heroes 3( Makes me want to play Nocturne 3 again and No More Heroes 1&2).

I totally agree with you about Capcom. Yeah for BOTW2 I still need to finish BOTW1 which i enjoyed it but I just need to feel like playing it.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Imo, Xbox won this E3. But as I said earlier, that doesn't mean that the XBox show was fantastic, it was just ok/good (6/10 ish). The rest of the shows were ranging between terrible and meh, for me personally. Since I know BotW2 is a big deal I would probably give second place to Nintendo. The rest isn't worth mentioning, imo.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
For me it was Nintendo since I like No More Heroes and Shin Megami Tensei.

But I can see why people think MS with the Bethesda exclusive reveals and Halo multiplayer reveal. Which I thought MS Conference was an improvement but the games are not my cup of tea.

E3 is becoming less relevant overall which over the last few years it hasn't been good despite the pandemic this year.