[OT] Fallout 4

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6474290]They can bring it back for consoles though. Push the 'approved, console-working mods' onto Bethesda's service, add pricing mods as an option for authors, let the $$$ roll in. Console gamers are already used to overpaying for content and these flashy new mods will dazzle many of them into paying.

PC gamers had free mods for decades, that was the status quo. Bethesda stuck its dick in our honey pot and we hated it. We punched back and they backed off. But for consoles mods are a new thing, and if those priced mods are there on day one it'll be the accepted norm by those communities.[/QUOTE]

You have a point. Hopefully you're wrong though. It would be nice to see there is a little bit of respect left in gaming. Just have to see how it plays out.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6474290]They can bring it back for consoles though. Push the 'approved, console-working mods' onto Bethesda's service, add pricing mods as an option for authors, let the $$$ roll in. Console gamers are already used to overpaying for content and these flashy new mods will dazzle many of them into paying.

PC gamers had free mods for decades, that was the status quo. Bethesda stuck its dick in our honey pot and we hated it. We punched back and they backed off. But for consoles mods are a new thing, and if those priced mods are there on day one it'll be the accepted norm by those communities.[/QUOTE]
Huuush! They might be listening in on us!

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
So the Fallout 4 interest/hype has finally gotten to me. 50 days away. I've been on an information blackout since E3 and getting to the point where I might have to break down and look at any media that's been released. I've already completed stage one and changed my wallpaper.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I like the reverse F3 story theory. Instead of searching for your father who's left the vault, your now searching for your son. :spoiler: He might not be the son you envisioned him to be.. :shock:

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I really hope they upped their story game. I was reading they had help for their shooting so it's likely they had help there as well. The Fallout 3 story I didn't think was great, the best part of that was having a good voice actor for you dad, then in New Vegas the best part was that it wasn't all linear.

I read bits and pieces of the rundown of the character/perk system on Bethesda's page and it sounds like it will be interesting. Even if it's a bit like Skyrim's system, at least it's an XP based system.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I'm surprised, the last post is the same distance to this day as the launch day is.

I was thinking I would have to be in Dallas for a few days about a week after launch so I had planned on not starting Fallout 4 before then. But I learned recently I only have to be in Dallas for the day, so now I'm a bit more excited knowing I'll be starting the game on launch day.

It's still a bit weird that the game is only three weeks out. It feels like it was announced just a month ago.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I'm going digital so I don't have it preordered either. Will probably buy it about a week before release or whenever the preload stuff starts.

Vercetti

Forum Elder
Dec 22, 2005
I'm getting tired of Destiny and need a new game. I'm torn between this and Star Wars.

I've never played a fallout game before but I like what I see from the trailers. But my question is, will I need to dedicate a lot of time to it? I have a kid on the way and games won't get as much attention as they used to.

In other games like Destiny, it would be easy to fall behind the rest of the players if you didn't dedicate yourself. I'm trying to avoid that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Vercetti, post: 6482872]I'm getting tired of Destiny and need a new game. I'm torn between this and Star Wars.

I've never played a fallout game before but I like what I see from the trailers. But my question is, will I need to dedicate a lot of time to it? I have a kid on the way and games won't get as much attention as they used to.

In other games like Destiny, it would be easy to fall behind the rest of the players if you didn't dedicate yourself. I'm trying to avoid that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I would definitely give Fallout 4 a try. I played the SW beta and I didn't really get that intrigued by it. If you played it and enjoyed it then that's great. Fallout is just one of the most unique experiences around. Not to mention content for days. One of the devs said the game has enough content for over 300 hours of gameplay. So it's going to keep you occupied for a while.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I'd take Fallout 4 over the ten next games on the list any day of the week.

Time constraint-wise, I think it'll be even easier to jump in and out of, compared to The Witcher, dragon age or Far Cry 4 (just to give some examples).

Content-wise, I think this game will rival GTA5

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6482869]Im kind of dependant on physical disc so that's the way I'm going.[/QUOTE]

I have PSN wallet money saved up so that's why I'm going digital.

[QUOTE="Vercetti, post: 6482872]I'm getting tired of Destiny and need a new game. I'm torn between this and Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well, Fallout is single player, so you can take it as slow as you want. But typically they are games where you can put a lot of hours into them. Hundreds. But whether you put in 200 hours over the course of one month or six, it won't matter.

Also, with a kid on the way it probably means you might need to stop your playing at any moment. Online means you bail on a match or die a bunch of times. With games like Fallout you just pause while you're away and can save at any moment. I would imagine you can also put it in standby mode, so you start up your gaming session faster.

As K2D said, I'd pick Fallout 4 over anything else out there.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Scheller did you look up to wasteland 2? It was made by original fallout Dev team. I am sure it is for your and K2D's taste. I am gonna try it sometime but my hands are full of games atm.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I've seen bits of it and like the isometric view that earlier Fallout games had (as well as one of my favorite games, Legend of Sherwood). Warframe has me pretty much sucked into it lately though and don't see myself getting into another game until this one is released.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="ArnoldRimmer, post: 6483251]Pre-order in on PSN and ready to go! 19 days to go and counting...........

Already cleared my social engagements (didn't take long) for this one, seriously stoked :cool:[/QUOTE]

What, you even packed Rachael away :snicker

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6483209]Rockstar needs to take some notes and release mods on GTA5 as well.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't really seem like Rockstar's thing. Bethesda actually seems to enjoy mods and they definitely welcome them, even incorporating mods from previous games into their new games. GTA updates their games and breaks mods and their new games lack content that existed in previous games. GTA V is only just getting lowriders, which existed day one in San Andreas. The previous game didn't even have planes or the ability to modify your vehicle (you couldn't even select your car color).

Rockstar did a bit better though with stuff in the base V compared to IV, but I feel like their push to make GTA an online game is going to mean they still won't welcome mods with open arms. You look at Bethesda and their offline games are completely separate from their online ones, meaning they have no reason to be against people modding their game.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
I guess it makes sense. they don't want people to stay satisfied with free modding content...but that also sucks donkey balls.

I think they should at least let us try different mods made by them...i feel like the game has so much potential for modding...huge map, great graphics, i see no reason why the game couldn't last forever...but i was bored with the online since day 1.

now i just get on to check updates...i haven't sold the game yet because the damn thing doesn't go down in price.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
They should do more about separating Online and single player. That would be a start, since the big problem (as I understand it) currently is that they use the same files and so you can get banned online for having single player mods. Online for PC shouldn't be the same as Online for consoles. It should be like SAMP. Of course, Rockstar banned people who tried to make a GTA:V online alternative that would play more like SAMP... so I don't think we'll see that happening anytime soon.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I do think they like mods, but yea, having people not playing their Online hurts on potential Shark Card sales (which we saw in the Summer Steam Sale that they were doing some heavy pushing for those cards.

I had much more fun with SAMP and it's abilities to use mods than I've yet to have with GTA Online. Online hardly seems like a community.

All this talk of mods, I can't wait to play through Fallout 4 and see what all they've incorporated from NV mods. Then how console mods eventually work. If we can get something like console commands, I'll be extremely thrilled. Would love to be able to easily fix bugged quests.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
yeah the mods are basically going to be the reason for me to keep the game in the long run or get rid of it once i'm done with it. or if it's fun enough, i'll keep it a while just to play the end-game. but not sure how long. mods are going to be important.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6483456]Hope they won't turn in to paid mods tho :) steam boss was talking about bringing them back.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm worried about.