[OT] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Release Date: 20th March 2015 (projected)
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Price: £55 (Standard Edition), £80 (Limited Edition)
Genres: aRPG
Official Site: http://finalfantasytype0.com/

About
The year 842 is the beginning of the end.

In an act of unprovoked aggression, the Militesi Empire invaded the Dominion of Rubrum. Imperial dreadnoughts swarmed the skies, assailing the unsuspecting countryside under the banner of the White Tiger. From amidst the flames of the besieged dominion, the Vermilion Bird rose in defiance, her crystal granting magic and mighty eidolons that her disciples might cast out the technologically advanced aggressors.

Thrust into the tumult of war, the fate of the world and its four crystals now rests on the shoulders of fourteen brave, young warriors.
Trailers
[video=youtube;RvPtCkBVuR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvPtCkBVuR4[/video][video=youtube;jnMEIoDxgsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMEIoDxgsM[/video][video=youtube;3pZYirVqKhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZYirVqKhU[/video][video=youtube;1MKwDmxBMU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MKwDmxBMU8[/video]
Gameplay
[video=youtube;f1z5QLMSV6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1z5QLMSV6s[/video][video=youtube;5X5krdtd6yU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X5krdtd6yU[/video]
Screenshots

Collector's Edition

Contents
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD Collector´s Edition includes the following content:
  • FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD GAME DISC
  • GOLDEN SteelBook™ CASE - using the unique artwork of famed illustrator Yoshitaka Amano, presented with a luxurious treatment.
  • FINAL FANTASY XV -EPISODE DUSCAE- - Playable demo for the hugely anticipated FINAL FANTASY XV game, available exclusively with FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD while stocks last.
  • FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 MANGA – Explore the origins of Class Zero in this content going beyond the scope of the story of the game. A 200-page manga previously only available in Japan, now in localised form with print treatment maintaining the spirit of the original.
  • COMPOSER´S SELECTION SOUNDTACK CD – including 15 tracks specially chosen by the composer of the original soundtrack, Takeharu Ishimoto.
  • HARDCOVER, LARGE-FORMAT 80-PAGE ARTBOOK – entitled Class Zero 842, this book chronicles the characters, enemies and world with a variety of high-quality rendered and concept artwork.
  • ACE´S CARDS – Five life-size replicas of the iconic cards used by Class Zero´s Ace.
  • PRESENTATION BOX AND SLEEVE.
Exclusive to SQUARE ENIX STORE Europe:
  • EXCLUSIVE SLEEVE - showing unique artwork layout and deluxe print finish.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Characters
Ace
Weapon: Cards
While he maintains a cool exterior, he has a tendency to act recklessly. He is a kind and gentle boy at heart.
Machina
Weapon: Twin Rapiers
A new Class Zero cadet. A kind-hearted honor student who’s considered one of the most talented cadets in Akademia.
Nine
Weapon: Spear
Enthusiastic and direct, he likes to quickly make black-and-white distinctions.
Eight
Weapon: Knuckles
He fights only using his limbs as he dislikes weapons that can easily take human lives. Eight is always cool under pressure and a quick decision-maker.
Trey
Weapon: Bow
Calm and collected at all times, he rarely leaves himself open. An intellectual, his stories can get long, as he displays his knowledge endlessly.
Jack
Weapon: Katana
Constantly wears a smile and jokes around, the class clown. An unflappable optimist who tries to cheer others up, but is often seen as shallow.
King
Weapon: Dual Handguns
Stoically trains every day. He comes across as cool due to his laconic nature, hating to waste his breath or time.
Queen
Weapon: Sword
Upright, incorruptible, and intelligent. She has a straight-laced attitude like her dependable blade. A class president type that does not forgive injustice.
Seven
Weapon: Whipblade
She cares for others and is popular with female underclassmen. There is a modest side to her, having difficulty saying “no” and always accepting requests asked of her.
Rem
Weapon: Twin Daggers
A new Class Zero cadet. Machina’s childhood friend. Excels in magic. Respectable, kind, and serious-natured.
Deuce
Weapon: Flute
Gentle, serious, and a hard-worker. She’s kind-hearted, but also righteous, executing Class Zero missions without hesitation.
Cinque
Weapon: Mace
Slightly peculiar and speaks placidly, but wields the mace because she believes “it’s better when it inflicts more damage.” She gives no mercy to enemies.
Sice
Weapon: Scythe
A bit blunt and mean at times, but holds a clear idea of what good and evil means to her.
Cater
Weapon: Magicite Pistol
Extremely competitive in nature, she doesn’t get easily discouraged regardless of the situation. Full of energy, she is impulsive with a never-give-up attitude.

Empires
Dominion of Rubrum: Magic

Dominion of Rubrum: Magic
Commands the Vermilion Bird Crystal

Khalia Chival VI:
Akademia’s 174th Chancellor and leader of Rubrum. He is deeply trusted by those around him.
Militesi Empire: Weapons

Militesi Empire: Weapons
Commands the White Tiger Crystal

Cid Aulstyne:
Imperial Marshal of the Militesi Empire. He conspires to control all four crystals. Personally directs the development of weapons and strives to strengthen his country.
Kingdom of Concordia: Dragons

Kingdom of Concordia: Dragons
Commands the Azure Dragon Crystal

Andoria:
Queen of Concordia and the only person who can commune with the Queen Dragon, the embodiment of the Azure Dragon Crystal. Noble and unconditionally fair.
Lorican Alliance: Shields

Lorican Alliance: Shields
Commands the Black Tortoise Crystal

Gilgamesh:
A Black Tortoise l’Cie, embodied in armor and fit with an enormous sword. With his mission forgotten, he wanders aimlessly and challenges any who cross his path to battle.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Rem. <3

I've already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition as I've been wanting to play this game in forever! For the money I'm actually surprised at what they give you in the CE.

Shame they didn't properly update the graphics for the PS4 but I can live with that, PSP graphics are just fine. :)

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Legendary thread! Really looking forward to this, despite knowing very little about it due to the statements that it harkens back to the pre FFX vibe. Will pore over this info today.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
The game plays very similarly to Crisis Core on the PSP so if you have played that before then you know what you're letting yourself in for. Crisis Core was an amazing game on the PSP and I thoroughly enjoyed the battle system so I'm hoping it's more of the same but obviously with more characters.

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
But yes I'm very very very excited about these two games. I have already pre-ordered the Square-Enix Collector's Edition of Type-0 and I'm just waiting on knowing about what's happening about FF XV. The thing is the FF series is starting to come to the PC now and I'm just wondering whether it might just be better to hold off for a year and then get it.

As to what you said in my thread Varsh, I agree. I do play on my PC but I would not be able to switch to PC for Final Fantasy, it would just break the tradition! I've played them all, and I mean ALL on console where it began. So I'm not breaking that! Lol

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
That's fair enough. I've always gone for the PC first and console for exclusives. I'm just hoping that SE might bring more FF games across. Either way not too much longer till this arrives, and it'll arrive just before my trip to Japan *sighs*. At least I'll have a few games on my Vita to play while I'm there.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Square Enix has unboxed a new video for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, this time focusing on the previously announced Collector’s Edition of the hotly anticipated JRPG.

Check it out below.

[video=youtube_share;cz3NGsdvWU8]http://youtu.be/cz3NGsdvWU8[/video]

<center></center> Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is due out in March for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was originally released on PlayStation Portable in Japan a few years ago, and arrives on current-generation formats with high-definition visuals and various other bells and whistles.
It won’t, however, include the multiplayer component present in the PSP release.
http://www.psu.com/news/25721/Final-Fantasy-Type-0-HD-video-details-lush-Collectors-Edition-

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I can't wait. <3

But I'm going to have to. Thankfully Homeworld is released in February and not when this is out. I'm going to take pictures of this when it's at my doorstep. ^_^

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
Here's some interesting stuff:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD• Most areas in Final Fantasy Type-0 HD can be streamed, save for parts with licensed music. “Zero”, etc.
• Episode Duscae can be streamed, but SharePlay can’t be used.
• While Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, it and Final Fantasy XV are distanced.
• You don’t need to know the lore and terminology from FFXIII series for Type-0 or FFXV
• Given a hypothetical “Final Fantasy Type-1″, Tabata says he’d like to produce it for “high-spec” platform.
• Tabata was surprised by demand from fans, cites it as a reason why the HD version is coming overseas.
• Some gameplay from Final Fantasy Type-0 HD up now, from Tabata’s favorite section of the game — Togoreth in Ch. 2.

• Tabata likes this area because it was one of the first areas developed back when the PSP version was in development.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
The game looks so much better than what I had seen a while ago. In one of the trailers I saw a bit ago it looked like the character's hands were made of bricks (let's face it, hands are really difficult to flesh out), but what I've seen in the past few trailers has eased my mind considerably. The game looks fun and I can't wait to get my hands on it on the 17th (which I realized I'm scheduled to close at work...so that sucks :p ).

Really though, I have to say that is just an amazing trailers. Sure, it's long, but it has several distinct styles to it. 1) the radio announcer telling what's going on 2. The exposition for the game - excellently done, keeping the same style and VA as the first part was certainly the right move. Made the entire trailer seem serious which I like as the game is marketed to have a heavier story (and reviews from people who have played it state exactly that) 3. Ending -draws us back from the narration part and back into the world. 4. Epilogue - It's got a FFXV demo. We all know that. But hey, if you have a chance to remind fans and possibly increase FF Type-0 sales in the process, then by all means feel free. All in all, a great trailer, well done SE.

-FatesServant

XperienZ

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2007
Wales, UK
You can get this under £30 right now... Use the code COMEGETSOME (works on any of their games - I used it on Project Cars for another bargain £35)

Link: Click

Sorry if this isn't allowed anymore, but I couldn't resist it at such a good price.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I really wanted to pre order this simply for the 15 demo. Although I've seen this game has stellar reviews. Just don't have the time to play it.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
The name; Type-0, demo bundle, luscious collector's edition.. This reeks of [edit:another] cash grab.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="AsterPhoenix, post: 6431391]From what i've heard from the people who played the original PSP version you play for the gameplay not the story.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the game is meant for multiple play through's. Not a fan of that seeing how the game takes like 40hrs to completely finish.

Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6412624]Legendary thread! Really looking forward to this, despite knowing very little about it due to the statements that it harkens back to the pre FFX vibe. Will pore over this info today.[/QUOTE]

if it really is pre X it's going to change my life.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6431431]Ya, the game is meant for multiple play through's. Not a fan of that seeing how the game takes like 40hrs to completely finish.[/QUOTE] Kinda the same case with the Tales of series you need to play it through several times. Well I enjoy playing some long games with story it's like reading a book.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="ElieKatzQueer, post: 6431474]if it really is pre X it's going to change my life.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it more in line with FF7 crisis core on psp?

Last edited: