[OT] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
my concern is if there is a lack of endgame content. do max levels for classes end up with the same gear, such as all endgame warriors have the same gear, all endgame conjurers have the same gear, etc etc?

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6409293]my concern is if there is a lack of endgame content. do max levels for classes end up with the same gear, such as all endgame warriors have the same gear, all endgame conjurers have the same gear, etc etc?[/QUOTE]

That is certainly the end game goal as of the moment. Any character of a given class, if completely maxed out, will be wearing the same gear, though getting to fully maxed out gear by my calculations takes at least 3.5 months from scratch.
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
I bought it yesterday so I'm going to end up playing it anyway now. LOL Now I need to figure out what server to pick because I don't want a empty server with very little people in it, that's never fun.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
I have never been so ticked off at trying to setup an account for an MMORPG until this game. Holy crap, it's a huge pile of mess and what really sucks is that for some reason when I downloaded "a realm reborn", I didn't get a registration code for it, yet I can't create a new account since I need a registration code:angry

It's like this entire thing is one huge mess. Honestly, SE really needs to straighten this crap out otherwise they won't get any new subscribers. There is no good freakin reason why I'm going through circles on just trying to play the damn game. ugh. I'm wondering if I can even get a refund since this isn't working.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
Yeah I stopped playing a good bit ago. Loved the game, just wasn't into the endgame grind. I will say I had the most fun healing and it's true that your mistakes are so important to the survival of the group. I might start up again post expansion or two, once there's just more out there.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I still play but needed some time out due to burnout. Been playing Destiny and ACIV: BF instead.

I don't really worry about the end game grind, I'm not really a raider type. Eorzea is such a beautifully realised world with an ever increasing amount of things to do...especially if you start working on different kinds of 'endgame' such as buying your own personal house etc.

Have you guys seen the upcoming Golden Saucer? Chocobo racing yo! Also triple Triad is making a return. Really stoked for that stuff...then there's Heavensward coming next year. If you can lend yourself to the many different activities the game has on offer then FFXIV can keep you going for AGES. I don't really run dungeons atm, I just jump on and do a little gathering and crafting to help me save for a big house in the Coerthas (when housing there eventually deploys).

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I just renewed my account.

Looks like they found some suspicious activity with my account. They locked my account and I had to change my password.

Last edited:

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
That's because it's from a different IP, it always happens unless you get the one-time thingamijig.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6409678]That's because it's from a different IP, it always happens unless you get the one-time thingamijig.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, ok that makes sense.

I just did all the available seasonal events. Worst part of taking a break is trying to remember where locations are for fast traveling.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
just for an update even if no one cares. Sony actually gave me a refund for this game. For some reason when I created an account, once the account was created the game patch/update downloaded, I left it on overnight since I had to get up for work in the morning. I get home, turn on the PS4, try to log back into my account and square Enix pulled this stupid security issue or whatever which resulting in me going to their stupid website to reset it, rinse and repeat it kept on doing this so I basically said @#[email protected] it after dinking with the game for 4 freaking hours. Called up Sony, no problem at all and they refunded it directly onto my visa.

I don't understand what the hell Square Enix is thinking with this horrendous account creation. Everquest, WoW, Dark ages of camelot, Warhammer online, etc etc never once had a registration problem, but square enix managed to create the most insanely stupid account setup. ugh

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
I remember having some trouble with my start up too. It's been a bit too long for me to remember what the problem was exactly though. Still, I can understand the predicament. Fortunately for me my predicament wasn't any where near as detrimental. I'm sorry to hear that man. I would assume you won't be joining into the game then? Or are you going to try again?
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
I don't know at this moment. I'm thinking I may buy it on the disc used or something and if I run into the problem just once, then I may not bother anymore. Let it be known that I've never played this game before, so if I get on, I'm going to be MMORPG rusty. LOL but at the same time if I get on, I'm going to be a pure healing class.

It's what I was in Everquest back in the day, all the stats I used on my character or any equipment with stats I would only use if it was beneficial for my healing abilities. Which means in this case, if I go pure healing and if their are stats in it that I can boost, then all points are going to go into what benefits healing.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This was a nightmare for me because I was in the beta and created my username from the PS4. Well the PS4 automatically capitalizes the first letter. So my username and password had to match.

After figuring that out, I was good to go.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6409953]This was a nightmare for me because I was in the beta and created my username from the PS4. Well the PS4 automatically capitalizes the first letter. So my username and password had to match.

After figuring that out, I was good to go.[/QUOTE]

If I have multiple accounts on my PS4, do I have to have it on the account that has PS+, or can I put it on any account on the same PS4?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6409960]If I have multiple accounts on my PS4, do I have to have it on the account that has PS+, or can I put it on any account on the same PS4?[/QUOTE]

If you have a Squarenix account linked to your PS4, then you have to use that account.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6409963]If you have a Squarenix account linked to your PS4, then you have to use that account.[/QUOTE]

So it doesn't matter which PSN account I use, it will still be linked to that specific name?

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
I remember I had trouble on four different occasions dealing with them for that game. First, dealing with the first release, not only did their only pay option try to charge me additional fees (not SE, the company they used "click and buy" I think they are called), then account set up wouldn't accept my game license code, so I spent hours on the phone with them.

Then when they relaunched the game, I spent a week trying to find a place to download the game, they finally gave me a link, but then I never got a license code for the new game, and after a week of fighting with them, when they knew I was a previous player, I said fuck em, and quit. Called my credit card company and got back every dime I spent on the game. I still have the original Collectors Edition. SE are fucking retarded in that aspect.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="VayMasters86, post: 6409972]I remember I had trouble on four different occasions dealing with them for that game. First, dealing with the first release, not only did their only pay option try to charge me additional fees (not SE, the company they used "click and buy" I think they are called), then account set up wouldn't accept my game license code, so I spent hours on the phone with them.

Then when they relaunched the game, I spent a week trying to find a place to download the game, they finally gave me a link, but then I never got a license code for the new game, and after a week of fighting with them, when they knew I was a previous player, I said $#@! em, and quit. Called my credit card company and got back every dime I spent on the game. I still have the original Collectors Edition. SE are $#@!ing retarded in that aspect.[/QUOTE]

yea, see that was the trouble I'm having. I may just say screw it and wait until Everquest hits the PS4 or something. I'm still back and forth and while I'm getting a refund for it, I'm still trying to get Square Enix to unlink my beta account that I made on my friends PS4 (which is the PS4 I bought off of him) so it's still linked and not only that, I lost the password for it, so I created another account under the same freaking email address and if I were to try and get my previous freakin account, I can't since they were both on the same email address. It's like my new account overrode the previous account due to the same email address. Since the account I used for the Beta is locked onto this PS4, I'm royally screwed right now.

You're right, Square Enix are definitely retarded as all hell when it comes to this stuff. Part of me wants to keep trying so I can freaking play the game, but the other part doesn't want to deal with the bullshit. It's just so weird that they haven't tried to make this account setup easy, making it difficult is going to result in refunds and is basically losing potential money for SE, yet they aren't trying to better the system. The hell....bah

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6409970]So it doesn't matter which PSN account I use, it will still be linked to that specific name?[/QUOTE]

If I signed up and linked my Square account to my Lethal_NFS user on my PS4, I must use that account to log in to FF14. Especially if you signed up and played the beta.

You can simply create a new user on your PS4 and use a new email address to play the game though.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6409979]If I signed up and linked my Square account to my Lethal_NFS user on my PS4, I must use that account to log in to FF14. Especially if you signed up and played the beta.

You can simply create a new user on your PS4 and use a new email address to play the game though.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, so I don't have to use a main account on my PS4. So I have my main account with playstation plus on it, but my account I play on now that uses the name Intense_ Peanut is what I use now, so I don't have to use my main account I played the beta with, I can start fresh with my other PSN account that uses a different email address?

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
From what I understand at this point, if you download the game digitally, it sticks to that account which means even if I change PSN accounts on my PS4, that game won't work on the other accounts, even though they're on the same console. I guess I have to buy the physical copy as it will be easier, but right now I'm currently waiting for my refund to go through.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Ya I am not sure how digital works.

I would just grab a physical copy. The game is awesome and is worth all this frustration.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6410557]I'm in Ultros so I'm willing to help if you need it, btw yeah most people are already over 100 so that's why you might have a hard time.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean over average item level 100? If so, that is definitely what I've seen. Besides slowing the groups down a bit though, most people seem to be more tolerant of weaker players now (not as elitist overall as it used to be last year). Fortunately getting better gear is pretty quick. Within 7/8 days of playing my item level will be pretty close to 100 myself (due to starting late in the week, I was able to cap my tomestones for last week (on vacation this week so no gaming)
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
It's update the client as we speak, so maybe a few more things and bam, all set to go.

Are all of you on different servers or something? was looking for a good server, but I'm going to go as a full white mage as that is the healing class I guess.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
It's an awesome game. You'll really like it if you're a fan of FF ip and MMOs. it has many throwbacks to the franchise legacy and borrows tried and tested mechanics from the best MMOs.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
That's cool, I hate waiting to update this darn thing, I just want to get right in and go nuts. Of course, I'm going to be a bit rusty.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="FatesServant, post: 6410588]I'm assuming you mean over average item level 100? If so, that is definitely what I've seen. Besides slowing the groups down a bit though, most people seem to be more tolerant of weaker players now (not as elitist overall as it used to be last year). Fortunately getting better gear is pretty quick. Within 7/8 days of playing my item level will be pretty close to 100 myself (due to starting late in the week, I was able to cap my tomestones for last week (on vacation this week so no gaming)
-FatesServant[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I meant, also you can take advantage of what most people are doing nowadays which is start a party in PF and just add 'come get your 100 sol bonus' lol.