[OT] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6410605]That's exactly what I meant, also you can take advantage of what most people are doing nowadays which is start a party in PF and just add 'come get your 100 sol bonus' lol.[/QUOTE]

Hadn't thought of that. Sadly I've done most of the new dungeons (except for the Ultros arena fight and 2.4 update story quest dungeons) so it's of little benefit now. But, I love that they made the bonus a thing. People who were fully geared out were actually excited to have me along, simply because of that bonus. I love it when I enter a dungeon and I see that message. I hear the first tie bonus to CM and praetorium are insanely high? One guy was saying several hundred? Overall I'm really enjoying the game, and a lot of the problems I've had with the game. Mostly the fact that even as a melee DPS I only wait about 8-13 minutes for DF. It used to be 30 minutes for some, if I was lucky.
-FatesServant

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6410630]I want to be in Gilgamesh, but they wouldn't let me create a character on there.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. It took me a few tries to get in Gilgamesh

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Congrats man. Glad to hear that nasty set back you had wasn't enough to keep you away. Shame about the server, though you can always try to transfer later if you want to (they still allow that for a fee, right?). If you're in Ultros feel free to add me: nohvin kyrvoln. Hope you enjoy the game!
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
yea, I may do a transfer later here to Gilgamesh. I'm a conjurer going to be a healer...

I'm currently on

Server: Lamia

Name: Tempurist Sybian

I may do a transfer or something in a bit, but I'll see what happens.

Last edited:

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Well, it's been a week. How you liking it man? Glad you joined the FFXIV family? I have finally gotten myself completely caught up on content. Just have to grind dungeons now until I've got all the top notch gear. You know, get it all just in time for the new expansion and have to grind again to get even better gear. Such is the way with MMO's I suppose.
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
So is that how you get good gear is by grinding or doing the class quests?

By the way, I really like this freakin game. Being a Healer is awesome and so far I've been getting nothing but praise when in a group. Then again I basically keep my eye on every health bar and just sit back, heal, and if there is only one creature, I may cast Aero on them if they aren't completely whooping the tanks butt. If I can get good timing on my heals, my MP bar barely drops and even if the DPS classes are leaving the main tank basically screwed, if timed right, my MP still doesn't drop that far, but sometimes it does.

I changed servers, too. My new server I'm on is Cactuar and my character name is Sybian Tempurist. So far I'm a lvl 21 conjurer, but once I'm lvl 30, I'm going to bring Arcanist up to lvl 15 to create a white mage.

Last edited:

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
I wish, but no, I still have to finished the first Coil, I'm on T5 now. After that I will probably have to join a static or something, as I kinda want to get a bit more involved in endgame stuff. Also, I'm just as tired of PF wipe as I was back when I first quit the game :p
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
So yesterday I did something in a duty find or whatever it's called for lvl 21. I get the group only for someone else to use Medica when it's not even needed. When the game groups you, you get 1 healer, 2 dps, and a tank. So some caster or whatever is aggroing, I'm healing him, there is no need to use medica since I'm keeping up with the heals. Only for some dufus to say I suck as a healer. What made it worse was I couldn't even send him a /tell, it didn't accept it, why is that?

I forgot about these types of people in these games. Something I certainly don't miss, but I was just thinking, "you can't be serious" :snicker. I swear, there was someone else in the group using a heal when people were at full health and it was that guy. Honestly, what in the blue @#%^ are with some of these people? It's like a moron fest and they all happen to hit the MMORPG world with a vengeance.

So why doesn't the /tell system work when this type of crap happens. Unless the chicken @#$% logged off right after saying that, but it makes no sense.:bang:

Last edited:

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Sadly the higher up in level you become, the more common you're going to run into unsavory players. Fortunately, there are a lot more tolerable players than intolerable, but still, it's always annoying. As a healer, you should probably get ready, because if people aren't blaming the tank, they are going to blame you (unless it's a DPS check, but eh, no one holds us DPS players in high esteem :p).

As for the /tell not working, did you try sending it while in the dungeon (such commands might possibly be disabled in dungeons, I'm not sure) or did you try sending it after either of you had left the dungeon. The reason I ask is that it's likely you two are from two different servers (DF grabs people from all compatable servers) and communication doesn't work between different servers.
-FatesServant

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
ohhhh, that makes sense then. could be someone from another server. I just laughed at the guy through regular /say, but wanted to point is faults out in /tell, but yea.

I mean, for me to keep everyones health at full is a bad thing? I don't get it, I'm quite a loss for words when thinking about it. I mean, how dare a healer actually heal. lol

Last edited:

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="FatesServant, post: 6412915]I wish, but no, I still have to finished the first Coil, I'm on T5 now. After that I will probably have to join a static or something, as I kinda want to get a bit more involved in endgame stuff. Also, I'm just as tired of PF wipe as I was back when I first quit the game :p
-FatesServant[/QUOTE]

You're fairly new to the game, right? I'm 4 months old to the game now and just got into Final coil thought maybe I could find some of you to play it a bit more for practice.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Nah, I've been playing for about 4-5 months myself. Started last year around September and quit around January, then just picked it back up about three weeks ago. I never did much of the endgame stuff back when I used to play, and I completely missed the second coil's introduction to the game. Trying to get into some endgame running now, just need to start making the connections to do so. And find a group to beat T5.
-FatesServant

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
If you like MMOs and you like the Final Fantasy IP, you should be playing FFXIV. With every patch it further cements its self as the hands down best MMO around right now. 2.5 and the subsequent point updates (2.51) are adding some AMAZING stuff to an already solid game namely the GOLD SAUCER! Chocobo racing...

Triple Triad!

I'm so proud of SE for turning this title around and continuing to develop it to such a high level of quality. The fan service is intense in this game. Check the trailer below...Gold Saucer theme nearly brought a tear to my eye and COUNTLESS hours will be spent playing TT with NPCs and gamers alike.

[video=youtube;pj3hGDaDZqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3hGDaDZqI[/video]

Jun 3, 2013
Devon, Uk
Triple Triad here i come - but correct me if i am wrong, does it hit in 2.51 which hits sometime in March and not with 2.5 which hits Jan 20th.

Also, only Part one of the updat hits on jan 20th, with Part 2 of before the fall sometime in april.

Soooooo it look's like this:

Before the Fall Part 1 - 20th Jan 2015
Gold Saucer & TT - March '15
Before the Fall Part 2 - April '15

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
[QUOTE="Bluehazeburnout, post: 6413851]Triple Triad here i come - but correct me if i am wrong, does it hit in 2.51 which hits sometime in March and not with 2.5 which hits Jan 20th.

Also, only Part one of the updat hits on jan 20th, with Part 2 of before the fall sometime in april.

Soooooo it look's like this:

Before the Fall Part 1 - 20th Jan 2015
Gold Saucer & TT - March '15
Before the Fall Part 2 - April '15[/QUOTE]

Gold Saucer is end of February
Part 2 end of march
Expansion, my guess end of April.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
As I mentioned somewhere in here; one of my favorite things since coming back is just how much friendlier the community is than when I left (and in terms of normal MMO's it was pretty good, though the introduction of 2.1's new primal fights combined with groups beating Twintannia was bringing about a nasty, outspoken sect of elitists). In particular though, I was reminded of this last night. It was my FC's FCoB raid night, it was 12:30AM and I had just wiped on Twintannia with a group on DF (I also had class this morning at 9:00AM so I was trying to get to bed soon). Since my entire FC was online though, I figured I'd ask if there was a time/group in the FC that went over older coil material.

Immediately I get a party invite by one of the higher ups, and the leader of one of the FC's two raid parties says he'd be more than happy to help me out in 20 minutes once their raid ended. By 3:00AM they (and some of our elite raiders) had ran me through not only T5, but also T6 and T7, and are planning on helping me out through T9 tonight. (they also helped walk me through how to operate Mumble since I didn't have it until last night). All in all, last night was probably one of the best experiences I had with this game (save beating some dungeons/bosses with a new group by simply talking with eachother). Felt a little bad that I was dead weight (they intentionally carried me through half of T5, and I screwed up the mechanics a bit on T7), but they were cool with it. All in all, a great night and totally worth being exhausted in class this morning.
-FatesServant

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="FatesServant, post: 6414468]As I mentioned somewhere in here; one of my favorite things since coming back is just how much friendlier the community is than when I left (and in terms of normal MMO's it was pretty good, though the introduction of 2.1's new primal fights combined with groups beating Twintannia was bringing about a nasty, outspoken sect of elitists). In particular though, I was reminded of this last night. It was my FC's FCoB raid night, it was 12:30AM and I had just wiped on Twintannia with a group on DF (I also had class this morning at 9:00AM so I was trying to get to bed soon). Since my entire FC was online though, I figured I'd ask if there was a time/group in the FC that went over older coil material.

Immediately I get a party invite by one of the higher ups, and the leader of one of the FC's two raid parties says he'd be more than happy to help me out in 20 minutes once their raid ended. By 3:00AM they (and some of our elite raiders) had ran me through not only T5, but also T6 and T7, and are planning on helping me out through T9 tonight. (they also helped walk me through how to operate Mumble since I didn't have it until last night). All in all, last night was probably one of the best experiences I had with this game (save beating some dungeons/bosses with a new group by simply talking with eachother). Felt a little bad that I was dead weight (they intentionally carried me through half of T5, and I screwed up the mechanics a bit on T7), but they were cool with it. All in all, a great night and totally worth being exhausted in class this morning.
-FatesServant[/QUOTE]

I'm glad, btw don't mean to be an ass but you got carried cause of the extra 100 soldiery bonus most likely :p

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6414814]I'm glad, btw don't mean to be an ass but you got carried cause of the extra 100 soldiery bonus most likely :p[/QUOTE]

It was mostly due to me being part of the FC, but yeah, they definitely were very happy about the soldiery bonus. That's how they got some of the other guys in the FC to join in. One guy was about to log off but decided to stay when 5 minutes of work meant 100 extra soldiery. They were laughing about it because most of them are done with relic weapons and such, so that don't actually have a need for soldiery anymore. I love that soldiery bonus though, makes the game so much more inviting.
-FatesServant

zex494

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2007
Sanc Kingdom
ok,im sure this has already been answered but I've recently just started playing as an archer. Anyone have ideas on what I should dump my atr. points in? Mostly i've focused on strength and HP..don't know what defense is..

KyleOnTheRun

PSU Editor-in-chief
Jun 1, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
[QUOTE="zex494, post: 6414972]ok,im sure this has already been answered but I've recently just started playing as an archer. Anyone have ideas on what I should dump my atr. points in? Mostly i've focused on strength and HP..don't know what defense is..[/QUOTE]

Yo! Dexterity is your number one attribute for Archer/Bard. Strength only applies to melee DPS, while Dexterity is ranged DPS (and, strangely, Rogue/Ninja DPS, which is just weird).

zex494

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2007
Sanc Kingdom
Thanks for the info man. I finally figured it out. :cool:

Also guys,here's the Heavensward trailer:

[video=youtube;GCRgfImEqaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRgfImEqaY[/video]

Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE="FatesServant, post: 6412979]Sadly the higher up in level you become, the more common you're going to run into unsavory players. Fortunately, there are a lot more tolerable players than intolerable, but still, it's always annoying. As a healer, you should probably get ready, because if people aren't blaming the tank, they are going to blame you (unless it's a DPS check, but eh, no one holds us DPS players in high esteem :p).

As for the /tell not working, did you try sending it while in the dungeon (such commands might possibly be disabled in dungeons, I'm not sure) or did you try sending it after either of you had left the dungeon. The reason I ask is that it's likely you two are from two different servers (DF grabs people from all compatable servers) and communication doesn't work between different servers.
-FatesServant[/QUOTE]

i wonder what the psychology is behind this

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6413625]If you like MMOs and you like the Final Fantasy IP, you should be playing FFXIV. With every patch it further cements its self as the hands down best MMO around right now. 2.5 and the subsequent point updates (2.51) are adding some AMAZING stuff to an already solid game namely the GOLD SAUCER! Chocobo racing...

Triple Triad!

I'm so proud of SE for turning this title around and continuing to develop it to such a high level of quality. The fan service is intense in this game. Check the trailer below...Gold Saucer theme nearly brought a tear to my eye and COUNTLESS hours will be spent playing TT with NPCs and gamers alike.

[video=youtube;pj3hGDaDZqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3hGDaDZqI[/video]
[/QUOTE]

It's a great game, no doubt. I couldn't get into it though because i was still playing FFXI at the time. I played that game for 10 years. FFXIV is amazing but something just didn't click for me. Probably because i'm older now and don't have the endless hours to throw away on an MMORPG. I'll probably get into at some point though.

I always point at nostalgia for being one of the biggest reasons why people can't get into newer games or think newer games suck but i'm the biggest culprit when it comes to FFXI/FFXIV. I can't get over how good Final Fantasy XI was, in that moment. :D

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[video=youtube;ulvCUGHKedU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulvCUGHKedU[/video]

Driver trailer...

The game is so sexy, I can't wait for it. And it is officially confirmed for 2016 release.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
FFXIV is getting VR support. I'm so keen to see if they can implement it well. I'd consider PSVR for that alone.

Sent from my GT-I9000