NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost of Tsushima
Developer: Sucker Punch Productions
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Release Date: July 17, 2020

Official Website

In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan. As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands as one of the last surviving members of his clan. He is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

IN WAR-TORN TSUSHIMA, ANCIENT BEAUTY ENDURES
Venture beyond the battlefield to experience feudal Japan like never before. In this open-world action adventure, you’ll roam vast countrysides and expansive terrain to encounter rich characters, discover ancient landmarks, and uncover the hidden beauty of Tsushima.

Explore meticulously-crafted regions showcasing diversity of life on the sprawling island—from billowing fields and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes. Find peace in the quiet moments of natural harmony and solace in the moments you’ll share with the people you help along the way.

THE RISE OF THE GHOST
Jin was raised and trained in the ways of the samurai. When the Mongols handily defeat the samurai forces, Jin’s world is shattered. He is faced with the most difficult decision of his life: honor the tradition and customs of his samurai upbringing and maintain a fight he cannot win, or deviate from his samurai path to protect the island and its people by any means necessary.

In his quest to reclaim Tsushima, Jin must seek the guidance and support of old friends and new unlikely allies. He must break away from tradition, become a new kind of warrior, and protect what’s left of his home at all costs.

MUD, BLOOD, AND STEEL
The Mongol enemy is unpredictable and formidable in warfare and weaponry. Get the upper hand by adapting Jin’s skills and learning new tactics to defend the island and protect the people of Tsushima.

Challenge opponents head-on in close quarters with your katana for a unique immersive samurai combat experience. Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision. Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks.

An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style. As Jin’s story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.
News:
Ghost Of Tsushima Update 1.16 Patch Notes
Ghost Of Tsushima Update 1.13 Patch Notes Confirmed
Ghost Of Tsushima 2 Is Already In The Works At Sucker Punch – Rumor
Ghost Of Tsushima Update 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 Patch Notes
The Boost Mode Of Ghost Of Tsushima On PS5 Will Grant A 60 FPS Mode And Improve Load Times
Ghost Of Tsushima’s New Game + Update Will Add A Charm That Lets You Pet Dogs And Make Them Allies
Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends Will Launch In Mid October, Alongside New Game+ And More In Update 1.1
Ghost Of Tsushima Digital Sales Topped 1.9 Million In July
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.07 Patch Notes Released, Increases Stick Tolerance And Fixes Bugs
No Microtransactions In Ghost Of Tsushima Legends, Confirms Sucker Punch
Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends Is A Co-Op Multiplayer Mode Coming This Fall

Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.06 Patch Notes Revealed, Traveller’s Attire Changes And Bug Fixes Included

Reviews:
Ghost Of Tsushima PS4 Review -
PSU
Ghost Of Tsushima PS4 Review - IGN
Ghost Of Tsushima PS4 Review - Gamespot
Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends PS4 Review - PSU

Videos:

Wallpapers: (view gallery)

Last edited:

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost of Tsushima New Game +: What Carries Over and How to Start New Game +

Ghost of Tsushima New Game +: What Carries Over
By starting a New Game + playthrough of Ghost of Tsushima, you will keep all of the Techniques, Gear Items, and Vanity Pieces you've already unlocked and earned. By starting New Game +, you will also be awarded a new horse featuring a red mane and a unique saddle. New extremely powerful Charms can also be unlocked. The difficulty will also be increased (you can set it back to the default in the pause screen) and new Trophies can only be unlocked in New Game +.

Finally, a new type of Flower named the Ghost Flower can only be found in New Game +. A new Ghost Flower Merchant accepts them as payment in exchange for new armour dyes and exclusive vanity items. This Merchant will also carry an assortment of the aforementioned powerful Charms.

Ghost of Tsushima New Game +: How to Start New Game +
Once you've completed Ghost of Tsushima for the first time, you can start New Game + from the main menu. The second playthrough will start just after Jin's first confrontation with the Khan as you gain access to the open world with the title card reveal.
Source

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Have there been any clear info on whether this game will have a PS5 update or a PS5 version or such? I'm currently waiting to buy this game because I wanna play it on the PS5. But if it shows up in sales before I get my hands on a PS5 it would be nice if I could just buy the PS4 version.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
All the latest Ps4 exclusives will most likely have an 60fps mode for ps5.
Yeah, they will probably have different modes similar to a lot of games on the PS4 Pro. But I haven't heard anything about a PS5 version or the game getting a patch so that it takes advantage of the extra power of the PS5. Higher rez/frame rate is nice, but if they plan on releasing a patch/PS5 version that increases the graphical fidelity to a new level I would really like to have that over just higher rez/frame rate. I guess I have to be patient and just wait and see what happens.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends PS4 Review

It is truly hard for me to find anything wrong with Ghost of Tsushima: Legends. Although short, Legends offers a lot of replayability. Every second I spent in Ghost of Tsushima made me never want to leave and Ghost of Tsushima: Legends gives me reasons to return and stay. Playing with friends, grinding out gear, and levelling all of my Ghosts will keep me coming back for months to come. The additions to single-player, the ability to play all of Legends solo, and the fact that it's free makes the expansion unmissable.
Source

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost Of Tsushima 2 Is Already In The Works At Sucker Punch – Rumor

Ghost Of Tsushima Sequel In The Works?
The job opening is for a narrative writer, and while this isn’t an outright confirmation that it’s for Ghost of Tsushima 2, there’s a couple of standout points that seem to confirm a sequel is indeed in the pipeline.
  • Desire to write stories set in feudal Japan.
  • Knowledge of feudal Japanese history
Sounds promising, eh? Here’s the full description for the narrative writer:
Sucker Punch is looking for a Narrative Writer to join our writing team and help create engaging narrative content for our upcoming projects. Daily tasks will include writing dialogue and text, developing open-world stories, and crafting narrative content in collaboration with other designers.
Our ideal candidate will have previous success as a game writer, outstanding dialogue skills, and an excellent understanding of how to tell impactful, character-driven stories within a AAA open-world game.​
Source

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends – Week One Update

In just our first weekend, more than 2 million matches were played using online matchmaking!

We’re thrilled with the enthusiastic response, and so grateful for everyone who’s played so far. We’re excited to continue watching and reading everyone’s streams, posts, and photo mode shares!

As we move into our first full week, we wanted to give an update on what’s still to come…

Weekly Challenges

Starting at 8:00AM Pacific Time every Friday, we’ll feature a new 2-player* Story mission and 4-player* Survival mission with specific weekly modifiers. The teams with the highest scores will be featured on weekly leaderboards, one for the Story mission and one for the Survival mission.

These missions are Nightmare Difficulty and intended to put you and your team to the test! They’ll be very difficult, but if you and your fellow Ghosts are able to complete them along with all bonus objectives, you’ll get max-level gear that will help you become Raid ready!

Get Raid Ready

Speaking of the Raid, we’re excited to confirm that you’ll be able to play The Tale of Iyo beginning on Friday, October 30.

This is the culmination of the story in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, bringing the fight directly to Iyo’s realm. This Raid is divided into three chapters and requires a full team of four Ghosts, as well as excellent coordination and communication.

The Tale of Iyo will not support matchmaking, so you’ll need to arrange your team ahead of time and be ready to jump in together. You’ll want to have your gear at KI level 100 as an absolute minimum before you attempt to take on this challenge.

To get Raid ready, we recommend finishing all Story missions, and replaying Story and Survival on higher difficulties to get higher level gear.
Source

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost Of Tsushima Update 1.13 Patch Notes
  • Resolved a bug causing frequent Network Error pop-ups
  • Resolved a bug preventing the Platinum Trophy armor dye from appearing in New Game+
  • Resolved a bug that caused some users to become stuck in the Legends tutorial
  • Added support for PlayStation™ Network “Players Met” functionality to Legends
  • Various bug and crash fixes

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Ghost of Tsushima | PS5 4K Gameplay (Arekkz Gaming)

Now I really can't wait to play this on the PS5.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Ghost Of Tsushima Update 1.16 Patch Notes
  • Makes adjustments to Resolve gains in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
  • Fixes an issue with melee and ranged Resolve gain perks
  • Improvements to various Legends bug and crash fixes
  • General bug fixes and improvements