Staff member
Nov 14, 2007

[video=youtube;moDdHXpxWrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moDdHXpxWrw[/video]

[video=youtube;8-pllETN49s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pllETN49s[/video]

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
So far I am really enjoying this game. I started making my Batman skin and for the most part the creation system is similar to Forza.

There is so much to do in this game. It absolutely not just about winning races. You are rewarded for everything you do in the game. Time spent playing, miles driven, gas consumed, wins, likes, likes given, garage value, ect. You earn XP which levels you up and grants you more abilities in the game. You also earn mileage points which can be used to buy cars, helmets, paint, car upgrades, and more.

There is a large section dedicated to sharing pictures you created, replays, designs you made, and more.

You will soon be able to upload pictures to the server and create really cool skins for your cars. I am really looking forward to this feature!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I must admit I am really enjoying it even though the single player is not like it used to be. There is a fair bit to do without having to be online plus a lot of cars, tracks, features and events etc are going to be added for free down the line so it's not all as bad as first feared!

Yes I can understand peoples gripes with the "lack" of proper content there is right now but if your a fan of the series like myself you won't be too dissapointed!

Plus it's great seeing your rankings and how many people you are faster than on PSU ;)

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6533470]You can read PSU's review here: https://www.psu.com/review/34465/gran-turismo-sport-review

They gave it a 7.5 out of 10.

I'm more disappointed to hear about the VR support being lackluster than mandatory online though I still don't understand the necessity for the latter in games these days.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with their take on the engine sounds. One of the negative things is that there are weak engine sounds? All of the vehicles engine sounds are recorded from the real thing. And the complaint is car sounds in the driving school which are really just basic factory vehicles with standard engine sounds.

They also take points away because of the VR not being better than what it is. This is not a VR game. This would be like knocking Rise of The Tomb Raider because the little VR portion of the game is not great. This is an added bonus really.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533473]I don't agree with their take on the engine sounds. One of the negative things is that there are weak engine sounds? All of the vehicles engine sounds are recorded from the real thing. And the complaint is car sounds in the driving school which are really just basic factory vehicles with standard engine sounds.

They also take points away because of the VR not being better than what it is. This is not a VR game. This would be like knocking Rise of The Tomb Raider because the little VR portion of the game is not great. This is an added bonus really.[/QUOTE]

The engine sounds are MASSIVELY better in this game then they are in any of the old GT's, I thought the engine sounds of most of the vehicles sounded spot on! Like you say the cars in the driving school are mostly your everyday drivers with basic engines!

Only minor gripe I have is having the game saved on a server, was getting messages all last night that it couldn't save my game because of the network. Luckily enough I could save it on the home screen but it wasn't long till I got a server maintainence message so decided to come off, will just put it down to the game only just being released.........

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Unfortunately all server based games have maintenance times. Destiny 2 does it like once a week it seems. I won't lie, I was pissed off last night because I could only play arcade mode while the servers were down.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533482]Unfortunately all server based games have maintenance times. Destiny 2 does it like once a week it seems. I won't lie, I was pissed off last night because I could only play arcade mode while the servers were down.[/QUOTE]

True, like I say it's only a small gripe I have with it but fully expect it to get better with time!

Really like they way you can use the d-pad to adjust ABS settings etc, especially on the racing cars because it allows you to change fuel mix etc as well

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
So I have a serious issue with Sport mode. For some stupid reason the game uses your fastest lap of all time to enter you in the poll for the race. Each race should have you quality for your poll position. This means anyone who had an incredibly lucky lap time will be able to use that time for every single race on that track. This means you can forget about getting the #1 poll position.

My next issue is the penalties. I was being penalized while in 1st place and not hitting anything or anyone. It just kept popping up on my screen to slow down and penalizing me. If people hit you, you get penalized. It does not matter if you initiated the contact.

This shit has broken Sport mode for me and needs to be addressed ASAP. Makes me not want to play anymore. I have won the last 5 races in a row but ended up in 7th place or so due to penalties that were not my fault.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533521]So I have a serious issue with Sport mode. For some stupid reason the game uses your fastest lap of all time to enter you in the poll for the race. Each race should have you quality for your poll position. This means anyone who had an incredibly lucky lap time will be able to use that time for every single race on that track. This means you can forget about getting the #1 poll position.

My next issue is the penalties. I was being penalized while in 1st place and not hitting anything or anyone. It just kept popping up on my screen to slow down and penalizing me. If people hit you, you get penalized. It does not matter if you initiated the contact.

This shit has broken Sport mode for me and needs to be addressed ASAP. Makes me not want to play anymore. I have won the last 5 races in a row but ended up in 7th place or so due to penalties that were not my fault.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this, played sport mode for the first time the other day and won't be playing it again till they sort out their collision detection. Started in 10th, managed to get to 5th then got punted so far off the road the car had to be reset, then managed to get back into 8th and the fucking same thing happened again so finished 14th in the end!

Pretty pointless racing in the middle of the pack if most people are just going to take you out!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6533569]Pretty pointless racing in the middle of the pack if most people are just going to take you out![/QUOTE]
I thought this was an elegant racing game! :lol:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I love GT6 (and 5) and have yet to put them to pasture, so I won't judge Sport prematurely. PD will probably have added a lot more content when my time to jump in comes around, as well.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6533605]I thought this was an elegant racing game! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well the better you race the more sportsmanship points you earn which should then move you up into a league where other players are not quite so into playing bumper cars, only problem is the other racers hit you so hard you end up taking another car out meaning you are the one who loses sportsmanship points as well as the guy that hit you! #flawedsystem

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tes-add-new-cars-offline-play-gt-league-more/

It has been a few weeks since we launched GT Sport, and it’s been really exciting to see so many people take to the track. In fact, we’ve already seen over 26 million hoursof gameplay around the world, so now we want to share with you our plan for what’s next with the game, including new cars and game features through Patch 1.06 in November, and the introduction of the “GT League” in December.[h=2]Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)[/h]From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars.

In addition to the new cars, when the patch drops on November 27 you can also look forward to the Livery Editor, Scapes and Campaign modes becoming available to play offline (you will still require internet access to save your progress). There will also be various tweaks and adjustments to balance the gameplay.
[h=2]GT League (Coming December 2017)[/h]Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!
Check out the screenshots below to get a sneak peek of what you can expect in December. We’ll be adding more races to these leagues in 2018.

[h=2]New Cars: (Coming December 2017)[/h]In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:

• Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
  • Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
  • Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
  • Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
  • Lamborghini — Countach LP400
  • Ferrari — F40
  • Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
  • KTM — X-BOW R
  • Suzuki — Swift Sport
  • Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
  • Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!
Be sure to stay tuned to official GT and PlayStation channels as there are plenty more updates to come from the team. Until then, happy racing!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Was over the moon when they announced the GT League on PS Blog yesterday, just in time too as I've finished the so called "campaign" mode!

Starting to look like the GT we all know and love now, bring on December!!!

Nov 20, 2017
Barcelona
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6534663]Was over the moon when they announced the GT League on PS Blog yesterday, just in time too as I've finished the so called "campaign" mode!

Starting to look like the GT we all know and love now, bring on December!!![/QUOTE]

Were you "over the moon" or was the moon over the castle? :rolleyes:

Dec 26, 2017
I agree with Duffman on the way the cars are on the track in any race. I don't understand why they didn't use the knowledge they have from gt5 and gt6 you could actually drive the car like a real one. Thought this was a driving simulator game. I feel this new one is getting away from that.

Dec 26, 2017
In arcade mode in the time trials section is there a way to turn off the ghost mode. Without having to to hit the r3 button on every lap. Thanks

Jan 19, 2018
Wow this thread is quiet. The newest update is out, and with the campaign now added, the game is feeling like a $60 game finally. I am working through the campaign as we speak, and it feels great. I don't like that you can't choose to go to the NEXT race, you have to exit out, then choose the next race, but that is trivial. Got bronze on my first, silver on my second.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Wow this thread is quiet. The newest update is out, and with the campaign now added, the game is feeling like a $60 game finally. I am working through the campaign as we speak, and it feels great. I don't like that you can't choose to go to the NEXT race, you have to exit out, then choose the next race, but that is trivial. Got bronze on my first, silver on my second.
The timing was wrong for the update to drop. I am now playing Monster Hunter World and soon Far Cry 5. Might run out and grab UFC 3 today as well. Thankfully GT is a game that I can go back to any time and now worry about the next GT coming out.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018
The timing was wrong for the update to drop. I am not playing Monster Hunter World and soon Far Cry 5. Might run out and grab UFC 3 today as well. Thankfully GT is a game that I can go back to any time and now worry about the next GT coming out.
For me, racing games are the ones that I can go back to. It's hard for me to go back to games other than sports games really. I don't care for sports games other than racing and golf. But racing seems to be a good genre to do so. Many times I burn myself out in the racing game early on, come back to it and enjoy it.