[OT] Horizon: Zero Dawn

IWAO

Master Guru
Aug 20, 2006
Denmark, Copenhagen
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6534122]Put a couple of hours into The Frozen Wild. So far it is great. Really more of the same but with some newer dino-machines. Love this franchise. Best new IP this gen, imo.[/QUOTE]
Nice. I can't wait to get the "Complete Edition" of this game.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6534122]Put a couple of hours into The Frozen Wild. So far it is great. Really more of the same but with some newer dino-machines. Love this franchise. Best new IP this gen, imo.[/QUOTE]

I'm really looking forward to playing The Frozen Wild. I preordered it, but haven't started playing it yet. I really loved the base game, so more of the same is just fine with me. I agree, it's definitely one of the best new IP's this gen and so far this is my game of the year.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="FinalxxSin, post: 6527046]The game being a first party game isn't the topic Lethal. It's about who developed said title. This is a pretty simple concept, but I'll give an example to clarify my point that I have already made:

Let's say Christopher is the head of a company and you(Lethal) and Brandon both work for. By contract, anything either of you create can not be used outside the company without Christopher's permission. Lethal for example focuses on action genre IPs while Brandon focuses fighting game IPs. Christopher publishes the products, and may even help fund them, but at the end of the day Christopher is playing no active role in the development process itself other than possibly setting a few guidelines to follow (e.g. time limit). The development work is coming down to what Lethal and Brandon do themselves. When the products are complete, Brandon and/or Lethal are going to be credited as the developer of said product. Christopher ofc will be credited with publishing the product. Only if Christopher were to help develop an IP (e.g. create the story, battle system, lore, etc. etc.) would Christopher be accredited as a developer as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is lost on anyone. Using that logic, you can't credit a singular studio (such as Guerilla Games) for creating a game either - you need to look up the name of every single person who had a part in creating it and write down all their names in a gaming forum discussing their game because, well, how would anyone know.

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
So I gave this game some grief a while back without ever playing through the game. Now I've been playing it non-stop. I regret every negative thing I ever said about this game!

This is arguably one of the best new games I have played on PS4. It's actually one of the best games I've ever played period. So much attention to detail and a very well thought out storyline that pulls you in even more the further you go. I absolutely love this game and I hope they make another one ASAP! If you haven't played this yet, you really don't know what you're missing. Don't judge a book by it's cover. :)

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Well, i played an hour and got bored. I think it's decent game but i need now something outstanding to keep me interested.
It is outstanding, imo. If you only played an hour you pretty much didn't give it a chance at all, you barely scratched the suface. It's like giving up on Witcher 3 before you even finish White Orchard (the introduction/tutorial).

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Well, i played an hour and got bored. I think it's decent game but i need now something outstanding to keep me interested.
I think it is rather boring as well. I still need to go back and finish it since I paid $60 for it, but honestly it feels like pulling teeth. The game has been a complete let down for me. I would rather have a Killzone 5 personally, but I know I am in the minority with Killzone.

If you want outstanding, God of War is outstanding.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Horizon Zero dawn was AMAZING. Honestly one of the best games I ever played and I never play games like this. I was bored at first and put it down for a few months. I picked it back up and couldnt stop playing. I hope they make a sequel. Killzone was fine too but doesnt hold a candle to it.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Horizon Zero dawn was AMAZING. Honestly one of the best games I ever played and I never play games like this. I was bored at first and put it down for a few months. I picked it back up and couldnt stop playing. I hope they make a sequel. Killzone was fine too but doesnt hold a candle to it.
I like Killzone much more than Horizon :(