[OT] Just Cause 3

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6490583]Why the hell do you have this 3 days early?[/QUOTE]

I always wonder how so many people get that Lucky. I could understand if you work at a retailer.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6490449]ugh
Now another game I have to get with no time to play!

Xbox-One or ps4 tho?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
1080p ps4 900p xbone. Dont know about any other differences until DF does a comparison.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6490449]ugh
Now another game I have to get with no time to play!

Xbox-One or ps4 tho?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
more P's with PS4, but Just Cause 2 is free with X1 version (if you have not played already).

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6490587]Dont care. Just another open world blow everything up GTA style type game. That formula is getting old.[/QUOTE]

GTA wishes it could blow up shit like in Just Cause...

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6490583]Why the hell do you have this 3 days early?[/QUOTE]
Because I have got my source lol.

[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6490587]Dont care. Just another open world blow everything up GTA style type game. That formula is getting old.[/QUOTE]
Not really. I just got into the series of Just Case and didn't play 30 minutes of the second one. In Just Case 3, the details are impressive, the island it looks great, the environment it looks great, the graphics are well great including trees, buildings, sings, waters, boats, motorcycles, and the physics. When an objects explodes by either grenades or gas barrel. The fire and the smoke that comes from them is look like real. GTA didn't have such thing or details. Plus you get to perform variety of different moves or gadgets to use that in GTA you won't see.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6490634]Because I have got my source lol.

Not really. I just got into the series of Just Case and didn't play 30 minutes of the second one. In Just Case 3, the details are impressive, the island it looks great, the environment it looks great, the graphics are well great including trees, buildings, sings, waters, boats, motorcycles, and the physics. When an objects explodes by either grenades or gas barrel. The fire and the smoke that comes from them is look like real. GTA didn't have such thing or details. Plus you get to perform variety of different moves or gadgets to use that in GTA you won't see.[/QUOTE]

You may need to let me play it for an hour tonight!

XperienZ

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2007
Wales, UK
Seriously these load times are ridiculous... It's not just bad when you die, when you restart any of the challenges you've got the lengthy wait too... great while you get to play but they really gotta do something about waiting 3 minutes to retry a challenge that might only last 30 seconds before you know it needs to be done over.

There are some pretty wild FPS drops too... Not very often, and the rest of the time its quite pretty, but unsurprisingly the more havoc you cause the worse it noticeably dips (and it seems much lower than 30). They've also removed alot of the things I kinda liked about JC2... There's no health upgrade boxes to collect, and other upgrades are just a skill tree perk now that are unlocked doing the challenges you wait 5 minutes to attempt. I'm all for them keeping a game series roughly the same as the last version, but once you look past the very pretty graphics its almost like you'd get, not just a similar experience, but the same one from just replaying JC2.

Little disappointed to be honest, thought I'd really get into this, but I'm already thinking about going back to Fallout 4... I don't like to be hard on the game, especially because I REALLY liked the second one... I just thought it'd be a little more refined, received a better polish now its a recognised big title... but it still feels like the last 2, a limited game punching above its weight.

I still think I'd have fun with it - at least I would have if I didn't have a half finished Fallout to go back to - I just don't think it'll be the surprise hit I thought JC2 was.

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6490636]You may need to let me play it for an hour tonight![/QUOTE]
For sure man I will send you the game.

[QUOTE="XperienZ, post: 6490637]Seriously these load times are ridiculous... It's not just bad when you die, when you restart any of the challenges you've got the lengthy wait too... great while you get to play but they really gotta do something about waiting 3 minutes to retry a challenge that might only last 30 seconds before you know it needs to be done over.

There are some pretty wild FPS drops too... Not very often, and the rest of the time its quite pretty, but unsurprisingly the more havoc you cause the worse it noticeably dips (and it seems much lower than 30). They've also removed alot of the things I kinda liked about JC2... There's no health upgrade boxes to collect, and other upgrades are just a skill tree perk now that are unlocked doing the challenges you wait 5 minutes to attempt. I'm all for them keeping a game series roughly the same as the last version, but once you look past the very pretty graphics its almost like you'd get, not just a similar experience, but the same one from just replaying JC2.

Little disappointed to be honest, thought I'd really get into this, but I'm already thinking about going back to Fallout 4... I don't like to be hard on the game, especially because I REALLY liked the second one... I just thought it'd be a little more refined, received a better polish now its a recognised big title... but it still feels like the last 2, a limited game punching above its weight.

I still think I'd have fun with it - at least I would have if I didn't have a half finished Fallout to go back to - I just don't think it'll be the surprise hit I thought JC2 was.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you on that. Just the loading time is bad other than that there is nothing. The island is divided into the parts and you got to take back those outpost which is hell. I want to get the all air planes and choppers but its to dam hard lol. I keep on dying trying to get the air port post that is being held by the army and missiles are coming on me like rain lo.

Last edited:

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6490699][video=youtube;v6bk37CqRpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bk37CqRpg[/video][/QUOTE]

Awesome. Stuff like this is what makes this game so great. The load times are a concern though.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6490632]GTA wishes it could blow up $#@! like in Just Cause...[/QUOTE]
From what I've been hearing Just Cause wishes it could hold a steady framerate as good as GTA.

[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6490634]Because I have got my source lol.

Not really. I just got into the series of Just Case and didn't play 30 minutes of the second one. In Just Case 3, the details are impressive, the island it looks great, the environment it looks great, the graphics are well great including trees, buildings, sings, waters, boats, motorcycles, and the physics. When an objects explodes by either grenades or gas barrel. The fire and the smoke that comes from them is look like real. GTA didn't have such thing or details. Plus you get to perform variety of different moves or gadgets to use that in GTA you won't see.[/QUOTE]
Still the same formula. Maybe when it hits $30.

Last edited by a moderator:

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6490719]Guys, should I be worried about no reviews?[/QUOTE]

The Games Cabin posted one. Everyone can't post the reviews because of the embargo. Load times are some frame rate drops were mentioned, but he mentioned the game is still fun.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 6490736]The Games Cabin posted one. Everyone can't post the reviews because of the embargo. Load times are some frame rate drops were mentioned, but he mentioned the game is still fun.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool.

I'm sure performance stuff would be patched.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 0]From what I've been hearing Just Cause wishes it could hold a steady framerate as good as GTA.[/QUOTE]

Oh well. The game isnt even out yet. Just Cause 2 was incredible and it didn't hold a frame rate as good as GTA either. Still was more fun than GTA in my opinion.

XperienZ

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2007
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6490738]Oh well. The game isnt even out yet. Just Cause 2 was incredible and it didn't hold a frame rate as good as GTA either. Still was more fun than GTA in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

The frame rate issues aren't a deep rooted problem, I've only really noticed it when flying a helicopter, blowing up a base. I'm sure it was a combination of the far view distance and chain explosions that caused it but it was quite bad for that short time. There's bound to have been other occasions when its happened but they weren't near as noticeable as that one.

The load times though are a BIG problem... The last couple of times I've stopped playing completely have all been because I was SICK of waiting! It just detracts from the whole ethos of the game itself... One minute you're driving like a mad man with a bomb attached to a 4x4... Next minute you're sitting staring at a screen knowing you'll probably be looking at it for waaaaaaaay too long.

The other part I wish they'd changed a little from the previous game is the GTA style star system - While on foot in a base shooting at everything its got a rather clever radio reinforcement system that does seem to work quite well, if they get their call off you'll have more things arrive to blow up. However, once you're in a helicopter with a mounted mini-gun causing chaos, as soon as you get to the higher star levels it does tend to send boats and other vehicles which just appear right where you are out of thin air. I could have been very unlucky and just happened to get shot down right outside a navy outpost, but nothing else could explain why I found myself instantly circled shark style by 5 gunboats. Pro tip - you can still hide underwater pretty successfully.

Seriously though, as long as you go into it expecting JC2 only prettier you can't really complain... But if like me you thought it'd have a little more added than the (admittedly pretty) visual tweak - my opinion - then it will leave you just a little disappointed.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="XperienZ, post: 6490744]Seriously though, as long as you go into it expecting JC2 only prettier you can't really complain... [/QUOTE]

That is all I want. Just Cause 2 style with better graphics.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Some people just can't appreciate mindless chaos. Once you play Just Cause GTA feels stale in comparison.

[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6490722]From what I've been hearing Just Cause wishes it could hold a steady framerate as good as GTA.[/QUOTE]

GTA doesn't have a steady framerate even on PS4. So it's not really saying much.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6490755]Some people just can't appreciate mindless chaos. Once you play Just Cause GTA feels stale in comparison.

GTA doesn't have a steady framerate even on PS4. So it's not really saying much.[/QUOTE]

That's what im looking forward to. I've heard so many great this about how franchises from people that gave played it. It's simply about mindless fun. I can get down with that. Hoping im going to get it.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6490756]That's what im looking forward to. I've heard so many great this about how franchises from people that gave played it. It's simply about mindless fun. I can get down with that. Hoping im going to get it.[/QUOTE]

The game makes me think of the Xbox/PS2 era back when games were designed to actually be fun, not have all these ads and high-polished graphics and online bullshit the 360/PS3 generation turned gaming into. The game is almost like a modern Mercenaries.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="skenn5150, post: 6490758]As long as it has the Pulitzer Prize winning story level of Destiny, the near perfect matchmaking of COD, and the fast paced frantic action of Fallout 4, I'm sold [/QUOTE]

Sarcasm is strong with you. Lol

@Nerevar- Sadly never got around to Mercenaries. Also heard great things.

Last edited:

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6490760]Sarcasm is strong with you. Lol

@Nerevar- Sadly never got around to Mercenaries. Also heard great things.[/QUOTE]
Mercenaries was pretty fun.

Fortunately, I suppose, I have not played previous JC games so I shouldn't end up being disappointing if it is as good as people say JC2 is only prettier. :)

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6490719]Guys, should I be worried about no reviews?[/QUOTE]
I can assure you. You will like this game and there is tons of stuff to do. Explore a massive world from the sky to the seabed. And then, unleash chaos. There is no way that this game won't be good so. Go a head and buy the game and it will be amazed how much is fun and great to play it.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Been hearing both console versions of this game perform quite poorly with super long load times, frame rates at 15fps during explosions and other action scenes, screen tearing, and more. Apparently all footage shown in previews is the PC version.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
That would be disappointing if true.

As with any game it's always best to wait at least a couple days before picking it up. You never know what may be wrong with it.

Sep 24, 2015
Southeast VA
Watched someone streaming the PS4 version last night for about 30 min and didn't notice any graphical issues. Load times were about as bad as Fallout 4 and Destiny, so nothing we haven't already experienced.