[OT] Just Cause 3

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Something is so screwed up when it comes to the loading. Sometimes the loading is fast. And sometimes like right now for me, it is taking over 3 minutes to reload my checkpoint.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6491251]Something is so screwed up when it comes to the loading. Sometimes the loading is fast. And sometimes like right now for me, it is taking over 3 minutes to reload my checkpoint.[/QUOTE]
Did you read the psu review?

May 29, 2005
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6491131]It's basically JC2 with multiple tethers and a wingusit. What 'direction' is it veering off into that you don't like? Specifically, I mean.[/QUOTE]
I don't like the way the action scene flows, its almost like a step back. That's the best way I can put it using words. I don't like the missions I've seen in videos. I have questions about Rico's movement like when you grapple onto something like a wall does he stick and hang on there while you being able to move the camera like JC2 or is face plant time every time? 'Direction' probably isn't the best word, just details and my vision of mayhem being different. I want to see fully destructible environments like small outbuildings fly apart in the action - anything you can see visually can be altered or torn down/blown apart. I would take the same graphics and physics as JC2 but have that in addition.

[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6491147]Then you will love Just Cause 3.

The game plays just like the previous title but with more abilities and better graphics. I do think the map in Just Cause 2 was 100x better though. The map in JC2 also seemed to be a lot bigger.[/QUOTE]
Do you feel like the map is denser? The increase so far to me seems tiny.

[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6491200]read something about them keeping the map about the same size, but making it denser for this gen.[/QUOTE]
The map is smaller.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="hoverbike, post: 6491268]I don't like the way the action scene flows, its almost like a step back. That's the best way I can put it using words. I don't like the missions I've seen in videos. I have questions about Rico's movement like when you grapple onto something like a wall does he stick and hang on there while you being able to move the camera like JC2 or is face plant time every time? 'Direction' probably isn't the best word, just details and my vision of mayhem being different. I want to see fully destructible environments like small outbuildings fly apart in the action - anything you can see visually can be altered or torn down/blown apart. I would take the same graphics and physics as JC2 but have that in addition.

The map is smaller.[/QUOTE]

It plays just like JC2 but now you have a wingsuit. Controls, ai, everything feels the same. The load times are pretty crappy at times. I didn't experience anything for 3 minutes, but some were in the 30+ second range.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="hoverbike, post: 6491268]I don't like the way the action scene flows, its almost like a step back. That's the best way I can put it using words. I don't like the missions I've seen in videos. I have questions about Rico's movement like when you grapple onto something like a wall does he stick and hang on there while you being able to move the camera like JC2 or is face plant time every time? 'Direction' probably isn't the best word, just details and my vision of mayhem being different. I want to see fully destructible environments like small outbuildings fly apart in the action - anything you can see visually can be altered or torn down/blown apart. I would take the same graphics and physics as JC2 but have that in addition.

The map is smaller.[/QUOTE]

When you grapple to anything, you will stick there. And you can change the camera setting to give you free control of the camera while in vehicles and such. Everything feels just like JC2.

The map in JC3 so far does seem smaller, but it really is not a bad thing as JC2's map was so overwhelmingly large. I do miss the map layout from JC2 though.

Sep 24, 2015
Southeast VA
If you leave a town unfinished, does what you've destroyed reset? I haven't noticed since I feel the Medicians deserve a completely liberated town through my firey justice.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="skenn5150, post: 6491328]If you leave a town unfinished, does what you've destroyed reset? I haven't noticed since I feel the Medicians deserve a completely liberated town through my firey justice.[/QUOTE]

No, you continue where you left off when you return.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[video=youtube;7ZoJerTU-50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZoJerTU-50[/video]

Sep 24, 2015
Southeast VA
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6491355][video=youtube;7ZoJerTU-50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZoJerTU-50[/video][/QUOTE]

Did I just see a 4min 47sec load time? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="skenn5150, post: 6491363]Did I just see a 4min 47sec load time? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Sadly you did. They better roll out a patch to address this issue.

May 29, 2005
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6491305]When you grapple to anything, you will stick there. And you can change the camera setting to give you free control of the camera while in vehicles and such. Everything feels just like JC2.[/quote]
Just like in GTA V then. For one reason or another I wasn't seeing players stick to anything in the environment when grappling around so I started questioning what the deal was.

The map in JC3 so far does seem smaller, but it really is not a bad thing as JC2's map was so overwhelmingly large. I do miss the map layout from JC2 though.
Does it feel denser?

[QUOTE="skenn5150, post: 6491363]Did I just see a 4min 47sec load time? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
I heard a report of a 13 minute load time when someone timed it. To avoid it disconnect the console/PC from the Internet which BTW is pure comedy.

Sep 24, 2015
Southeast VA
Ran across someone that needed to get their car to the gas station. I figured I would see a truck and tether the two together. Well, no truck, so I tethered to the car and ground and reeled in a bunch of times. Finished the task but the car was destroyed

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Yungstar pointed out to me that this game does not suffer loading issues for Xbox One owners who install the game on to an external hard drive. Good tip for those playing on the XB1.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod is already on the way!

[video=youtube;B8KnCaocyCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KnCaocyCo[/video]

Link to their site.

JC2 multiplayer was the most fun I've ever had in an online game. So for those that missed out on it you have a second chance once the JC3 mod releases.

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6496754]This has to be the biggest gaming world I've ever experienced.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played the game but saw this on Reddit a few days ago. Just Cause 3 map compared to GTA V.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
The game is so much fun. Spent hours just stacking container bins with the tethers to make cool art.

Also, grinding the tapes is sooo worth the effort.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I'm so lost on the tapes. I don't have any idea what's going on. I have 20 something and I just stopped paying attention. Guess it would make more sense if I played the other 2.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6497621]I'm so lost on the tapes. I don't have any idea what's going on. I have 20 something and I just stopped paying attention. Guess it would make more sense if I played the other 2.[/QUOTE]

I played 2, but there doesn't seem to be correlation to it. The tapes just tell how Di Revella rose to power.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I found a pretty cool helium gun. I managed to tether them to my motorcycle and floated up as high as I could go.

[video=youtube;D5WBm_ljLJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WBm_ljLJk[/video]

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Kwes, post: 6497650]I played 2, but there doesn't seem to be correlation to it. The tapes just tell how Di Revella rose to power.[/QUOTE]

I was listening to radio most of the time so I must have missed stuff here and there. I'll run back through and listen to them again.