NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Developer: Ember Lab
Publisher: Ember Lab
Release Date: TBA 2021

Official Website

Kena, a young Spirit Guide, travels to an abandoned village in search of the sacred mountain shrine. She struggles to uncover the secrets of this forgotten community hidden in an overgrown forest where wandering spirits are trapped.

ROT
Timid and ellusive spirits scattered throughout the forest. They maintain balance by decomposing dead and rotting elements.

Build Your Team
Find and collect Rot to gain powerful abilities, make discoveries, and transform the environment.

Explore
A forgotten village and a strange curse. Draw on the power of the Spirit Realm to restore this once majestic world.

Fast Paced Combat
Spirits have become corrupt, trapped and unable to move on, challenging Kena at every turn.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a story-driven action adventure set in a charming world rich with exploration and fast-paced combat. Players find and grow a team of tiny spirit companions called the Rot, enhancing their abilities and creating new ways to manipulate the environment.
News:
Kena Bridge Of Spirits PS5 DualSense Features Detailed, Hints At More Spirits As DLC
New Kena Bridge Of Spirits Screenshots Are Absolutely Dazzling
Kena: Bridge Of Spirits Delayed To Q1 2021 On PS5 And PS4
20 Questions (And Answers) About Kena: Bridge Of Spirits
Kena: Bridge Of Spirits PS5 And PS4: New Gameplay And Story Details Revealed, Will Cost Less Than $60
Here Is How Kena: Bridge Of Spirits Is Taking Advantage Of The PS5 Hardware
Kena: Bridge Of Spirits For PS5 Is GameInformer’s Next Cover Story
Kena Bridge Of Spirits Free PS4 To PS5 Upgrade Confirmed

PS5 Title Kena: Bridge Of Spirits Shares New Details In Developer Interview

Reviews:
Coming soon...

Videos:

Wallpapers: (view gallery)

Last edited:

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Kena: Bridge of Spirits co-creators Josh and Mike Grier have revealed details on the game’s PS5 DualSense features, as well as hinting that DLC may be possible for Ember Lab‘s upcoming title.

We use haptics on all of Kena’s abilities and shield, and at the moment we use the adaptive triggers when using the bow. You have a little bit of resistance on the right trigger that tightens as you full draw. When you do have the string fully drawn the bow has more power and more accuracy and you’ll feel that tension in the trigger as you pull back. There are some fun minigames too; these train you up to use the bow.
Source

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I'm glad to hear that developers (like this) are implementing the features of the DualSense in their games. I haven't used a bow in a game that uses the haptic triggers yet, but web swinging in Spider-man and the different things you do in Astro's Playroom brings a new level of immersion, imo.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Kena: Bridge Of Spirits - PS5 Gameplay - Ascending Through The Mountain

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - PS5 Gameplay - Platforming Shenanigans, Climbing & More

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - PS5 Gameplay - Delving Into The Gorge

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - PS5 Gameplay - Climbing The Peak

Kena: Bridge Of Spirits PS5 Gameplay - Wood Knight Boss Fight

Be sure to check out the PS5 hands-on preview posted on PSU too.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Meet the Rot, Kena: Bridge of Spirits’ cute sidekick creatures

Mystery shrouds these curious little creatures. What are they, where did they come from, and most importantly, how can they help Kena restore their corrupted home?
Here (PlayStation.com) you can read in-depth information about the Rot, it also includes pictured and animations.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Release Trailer

Only one day left, tomorrow is release day. Can't wait to play this.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Photo Mode | PS5, PS4

The photo mode looks a bit bare bones, but I'm glad that there is one at least.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007

Looks like it's hitting well!

For the devteam, it must be pretty nice to hear that the more important elements hit home as well; story, characters, gameplay, pacing etc.! Stuff beyond the visual eyecandy that actually means something to a game like this!

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Here's a couple more reviews.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Review (IGN)

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Review – Is This PlayStation Game Worth Playing? (Game Informer)

So far it's gotten quite good review scores. I'm going to start playing this later today and I'm really looking forward to this experience. I'll be posting my thoughts and opinions about it in the Community Reviews & Opinions section.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - PS5/PC/PS4 Pro - Digital Foundry Tech Review

It looks like there are some issues with UE4, since there are frame drops and hitches in a few places on all platforms (even on PC with a 3090). The only thing I've noticed myself is the frame drops that happens when a new area is loaded in. Other than that it feels like the game is running smooth (in performance mode on the PS5).