[OT] Monster Hunter World

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
@StevenW might wanna fix your URLs though :p
All text that's supposed to be 1 line each is refering to the first URL.

Definitely curious about this game! Only once tried a demo on 3DS and really didn't get it, was a bit of a weird thing.
But nonetheless, I should be able to get myself the Collector's Edition so HEY! HO! LET'S GO!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This game is so good. It is one of those games that you just don't want to put down. It is always "one more quest and I am done".

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I'm loving it so far. It's my first time playing a MH game and I'm having more fun than I thought I would. On the other hand I didn't really know what to expect, so I guess I'm glad that I decided to try it out.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
It is my first MH experience as well. I am roughly 30 hours in to it and I am about 80% comfortable. I feel I do not understand the weapons like I should. I just unlocked the melding station which helps out when needing certain materials for forging and such.

I love how I have put in 30 hours and I have no desire to stop playing. Usually I get bored of a game right around that mark.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, I've mostly been rocking the dual blades and it feels like I'm getting better and better at using them. So far I have probably been farming materials/monsters way more than most people do, I'm just HR 5 and I have probably played around 35-40 hours. But I'm still loving it. It feels like it's time for me to move on through the "story" now.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
ProJared, who is a longtime Monster Hunter fan, says it is the best game in the franchise. Especially for newcomers. I think there are also less monsters and areas than before, all of which will come in future updates, but he still awarded it a 9/10.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
To be honest I don't have much hope for this game. And all reviews says otherwise. It is on my list now, given there is not much left, I will play it soon. Wish I could play it on Pro tho. Colors are stunning in this game.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
To be honest I don't have much hope for this game. And all reviews says otherwise. It is on my list now, given there is not much left, I will play it soon. Wish I could play it on Pro tho. Colors are stunning in this game.
I spent a few hours yesterday doing nothing but joining other peoples SOS requests. I had so much fun running around with 3 other people taking down monsters.

There are a few things about the game I dislike.

1. Can only carry 1 trap type at a time.
2. You can not dismantle trap for use later if the monster does not activate trap
3. Your carrying capacity for items is simply terrible
4. Getting stunned takes way toooooo long to recover from
5. Not being able to pick up items because your weapon is drawn is lame as hell

Despite these flaws, I am enjoying this game very much.

Nov 21, 2017
Central Texas
I'm probably going to gamefly this one. I've watched other people play over the years and I gotta say it's always got my interest. Now that it's a console game I think I'll finally bridge the gap. If it's as good as everyone says it is then Capcom is doing great work in recent yrs.