[OT] Mortal Kombat X

May 22, 2014
Is anybody else excited for Mortal Kombat X? With a full reveal happening tomorrow, I'm super excited. Mortal Kombat is one of my favorite IPs and I think a new one is overdue. What do you guys want to see in the new game? What do you not want to see? Expecting another PlayStation crossover character like Kratos in the last game? I really hope we get someone cool.

[video=youtube;uL0pPCmhqDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0pPCmhqDY[/video]

[video=youtube;Ci6lMQNLKZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci6lMQNLKZU[/video]

[video=youtube;nyVsBXOJCiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyVsBXOJCiM[/video]

Mortal Kombat X Confirmed Characters:

• Baraka
  • Cassie Cage
  • D'Vorah
  • Erron Black
  • Ermac
  • Ferra & Torr
  • Goro (DLC)
  • Jason Voorhees (DLC)
  • Jacqueline Briggs
  • Jax
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kano
  • Kenshi
  • Kitana
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Kung Jin
  • Kuna Lao
  • Liu Kang
  • Mileena
  • Predator (DLC)
  • Quan Chi
  • Raiden
  • Reptile
  • Scorpion
  • Shinnok
  • Sonya Blade
  • Sub-Zero
  • Takashi Takeda
  • Tayna (DLC)
  • Tremor (DLC)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick_Scryer

Super Elite
May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
Hell yeah! Can't wait!

I want to see fully next gen but I doubt it, hoping for more blood, more guts, more fatalities, more story, more Kombat!
Being a purist I'd rather they not have a guest character this time but since it helped them sell a lot with MK9 I guess I don't mind once said guest character doesn't interfere with the story.

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
I can't bloody wait. I just hope they finally fixed their net code/server issues - pretty much every MK up until this point is almost unplayable online.

Last edited:

Nick_Scryer

Super Elite
May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Wrath, post: 6344964]I can't bloody wait. I just hope they finally fixed their net code/server issues - pretty much every MK up until this point is almost unplayable online.[/QUOTE]

Agree^^

But to be honest, I've never played an online fighting game that was 100% fair online because of connection differences so I'm not sure if it's possible.

Also, 1080p 60fps pls thx :p

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
Rumour has it it'll be released on last gen consoles as well - please don't be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 22, 2014
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6344979]Also I want no retarded trophies this time like the play 24 hours with each character ****.[/QUOTE]
This is what kept me from Platinuming the game. As soon as I saw that trophy I didnt even worry about them.

May 22, 2014
Will add trailer to OP.

That was incredible. All the little things in that fight looked great and I love the atmosphere. My face hurts from smiling so hard.

Nick_Scryer

Super Elite
May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
Cool trailer but music was awful. I honestly thought I left another tab open with some **** advertisement playing over the trailer.

Can't wait to see more! Looks like Injustice style interactive arenas are in, cool beans.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6345004]Cool trailer but music was awful. I honestly thought I left another tab open with some **** advertisement playing over the trailer.

Can't wait to see more! Looks like Injustice style interactive arenas are in, cool beans.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I hate how companies keep putting a rap song over their game trailer - not matter what type of game it is.

Also,
It's confirmed for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC and is set to arrive sometime in 2015.
http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/75094/mortal-kombat-x-is-official-with-first-trailer

I'm not sure how much last gen would hold a fighting game back though.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
If they cut to the game's title right before Scorpion and Sub-Zero connected, it'd make for a cool teaser. I'm also digging Scorpion's deathly stare.

Last edited:

atrin1

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2013
i absolutely loved MK9 and was still playing up until PS4 was released. i'm super stoked about this. MK is the only game my gf will play, therefore the only game i get to kick her ass in and make her so damn upset. hahahaha

May 22, 2014
[QUOTE="atomicnuke, post: 6345181]Do the reversal arm/leg breaks actually hinder the fighter in any way?[/QUOTE]
Probably not. Probably just a little damage.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
I don't care if they Watch Dogs the graphics, but anyone think they can nail that as gameplay?
Camera shifts and all?
Would be awesome. Fighters need something new and that looks like a ton of fun to play.

May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
I am super excited about this game!
[video=youtube;GAKI1tVONI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAKI1tVONI0[/video]

It looks great to me and I love that they're trying to move the game and story on with lots of new characters instead of sticking with the "Klassic" fighters and story in every game. Gameplay looks great, fast and smooth, Fatalites look sickeningly good too.
Sonya Blade & Johnny Cage = Cassie Cage. Awesome.
I wonder if Kotal Kahn is any relation to Shao Kahn.

May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Libra-75, post: 6349215]Yeah, if I'm going to get one fighting game, it will be this one. Looks totally brutal.[/QUOTE]

Check out the fatality in this video, pretty damn brutal haha
[video=youtube;I8EGWLp3lIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EGWLp3lIw[/video]

Dec 16, 2012
The state of Natural
I think this is already going to be better than the last one. My favorite mk games are the first 2, but im pretty excited about this game. Being a fan of the first 2 I didn't like how they changed some of the old skool story but mkx is looking pretty fun. I wonder if that Khan guy is related to sho kahn? I know Ed boon wants a mk vs street fighter game but that will never happen unless Capcom is on the verge of losing the company. HOWEVER I think if there is going to be a mk vs series it should be mk vs,...wait for it... Killer instinct. They could do faytalities all day on that but they probably wont do that because that would mean that ps4 would get to play kI characters and ms wants it to be exclusive to them so it could work if they could get past that though.