[OT] Mortal Kombat X

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Hey MK4 was an alright game. It's the first time they ventured into 3D. I liked the roster and the fatalities and Cage's WANYANYANYA shout before he throws someone. Deadly Alliance was kinda cool with the fighting style changes, but the other games just sucked after that. Until MK9 rebooted the series in a very good direction. Challenge tower was so fun!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="robvandam111, post: 6436240]Isn't Ultimate just an updated version of MK3? What do you think of MK Mythology SubZero?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but it got an arcade release. It added more fighters and stages.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
At first I was leery about this game but then I saw how many characters they packed into the "vanilla" version. I am very impressed and can't wait to play this now!

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
Here you go guys. I have uploaded 2 videos as I was learning Sub Zero moves and practiced with him. And also I have played the Tower tournament but the last guy was little bit tough and I had to choose Scorpion and won lol.
[video]https://youtu.be/e8pTizDX_eM[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/4TqGEfAK-nM[/video]

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Played a little bit of MK X. My cousin got it early, I could have but I already have it pre-ordered at Lamestop. Initial reaction is its cool, but at the current moment I prefer MK 9. Maybe when I get my copy and actually play it for awhile it'll grow on me completely. It's a cool game don't get me wrong, but it feels like its missing something.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6436950]Played a little bit of MK X. My cousin got it early, I could have but I already have it pre-ordered at Lamestop. Initial reaction is its cool, but at the current moment I prefer MK 9. Maybe when I get my copy and actually play it for awhile it'll grow on me completely. It's a cool game don't get me wrong, but it feels like its missing something.[/QUOTE]

It's probably the character roster. I have a bit of a problem with this. Lots of newbies. Too many for me to actually care for at all. The roster NEEDS Cyrax, Sektor, Noob Saibot and Smoke. Shao Khan would be better instead of Goro too. I get why they took them out - for DLC, which is bullshit.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6436958]It's probably the character roster. I have a bit of a problem with this. Lots of newbies. Too many for me to actually care for at all. The roster NEEDS Cyrax, Sektor, Noob Saibot and Smoke. Shao Khan would be better instead of Goro too. I get why they took them out - for DLC, which is bull$#@!.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, perhaps that's what it is. I hate how the new Cage Flipkick is. I just miss everything about Cage in MK9. This new old version isn't my mans! lol

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="robvandam111, post: 6436998]I believe Noob Saibot and Smoke are there. Heck, I don't think they revealed Baraka and from the second trailer you can see plenty of his tribe there.[/QUOTE]

If they're unlockables then that's cool, but the official roster doesn't seem to suggest they're in there. They're probably in story mode as cameos. But I want to use them in arcade and in online.

Oct 6, 2014
I think it's going to be a very good game. I'm very hype for it lol. & unfortunately noob & smoke aren't in it. They already showed the full playable roster. I've been looking at alot of videos of this game and I hope it's the best mortal kombat yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
few live streams this afternoon. managed to get two hours viewing in before it got cut off. goro is a beast..guy got proper hammered by him a few times. fatalitied 3 times lol.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I watched a couple of videos showing fatalities. Maybe I've been desensitized from so many video games but the fatalities seem tame. None of them made me to 'Ew!' They made me go 'Well that's interesting.'

Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6437320]I watched a couple of videos showing fatalities. Maybe I've been desensitized from so many video games but the fatalities seem tame. None of them made me to 'Ew!' They made me go 'Well that's interesting.'[/QUOTE]

that's funny.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="skyballin, post: 6437653]If anybody finds some video that shows gameplay of the predator, please share it.[/QUOTE]
Good luck. None of the 4 dlc kombat pack characters are available yet.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6437843]*Still waiting patiently for it to arrive in the post*

Does the Goro code come in the box or in an email? I haven't got an email yet so I presume it's in the case.[/QUOTE]

My cousin got his from a mom and pops store and said his came in the box. I got mine from Lamestop and it was on the receipt. Guess it depends where you got it from.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Love this game! The online features they have added really give the game great replay value.

I am upset by the lack of characters. I am not a fan of removing existing characters in a game. Really sucks for those who favorite characters did not make it in to this game.

Add fighters! DON'T REMOVE THEM!!!!!!!

They also removed stage fatalities and Babalities. Again, I am not a fan of removing things..

I do love the game, but feel Mortal Kombat 9 is a better game because of the roster and better story. Mortal Kombat X offers more when it comes to replay value and online experience though.

Last edited:

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
you can't play as a dead character

dates for dlc

04/26 – MASKDMURDER Pack
05/10 – Klassic Pack #1
05/24 – HUNTERPREY Pack
06/07 – Klassic Pack #2

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6437980]you can't play as a dead character

dates for dlc

04/26 – MASKDMURDER Pack
05/10 – Klassic Pack #1
05/24 – HUNTERPREY Pack
06/07 – Klassic Pack #2[/QUOTE]

Ummm, since when???? Have you played the story?

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6437982]Ummm, since when???? Have you played the story?[/QUOTE]
like 20 mins then i get to many error ce-34878-0