[OT] Mortal Kombat X

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6437991]like 20 mins then i get to many error ce-34878-0[/QUOTE]

Got that error once yesterday

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6437992]Got that error once yesterday[/QUOTE]
I get every time I boot the fucking game up with the patch lol

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6437991]like 20 mins then i get to many error ce-34878-0[/QUOTE]

Re-install the game, then if it keeps happening, take to your PS4 with a fatality.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="skyballin, post: 6438032]Whatttt? Why not??[/QUOTE]

They are just not available yet. I am sure each character will release each week for the next month.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6438033]They are just not available yet. I am sure each character will release each week for the next month.[/QUOTE]
I already posted the dates

Locomotive

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
I'm not a fighting game fan....but, dude, this game is fun.

I'm lost when it comes to the story before this game, but it's still interesting.

I find it so fun that I'm actually gonna try and get good enough to not get my ass handed to me in every online match.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6438484]Been loving the gameplay footage but I just can't ever get along with fighters which is a shame because this game looks seriously fun.

How's the learning curve?[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad, but I can tell they really improved since the last one. The fighting seems strategic and tactical. It can take some time to adjust, but when you do, it's so rewarding. For example, each character has three fighting styles. Kinda like Deadly Alliance, without the crappyness. And each of these fighting styles or variations, per character is specific to their moves list. Kenshi for example is a blind swordsman from Japan who's also a telepath and a telekenetic. You can choose his Ninjustsu variation when you select him (kinda like marvel vs. capcom 3, just a little more fleshed out) and you'll be using combos with his sword attacks the most. Of course, every kombo is there, but his sword stance and hits will be more centered towards that martial art. If you choose telekenetic, it's more specific to those powers and kicks/punches, less sword. And finally balanced has the best of both worlds. But they're not as powerful as choosing one or the other. Basically each character has a system like this and they're all different, which is what sets this game apart from all the fighters.

There's even more specials now for each character, and it's brilliant because it forces you to use combos, unlike the previous game, which only had a few complicate ones. I like it a lot. The roster could be better, but I love the gameplay. The living towers and faction wars are one of the best online experiences I've had so far on the PS4. The Krypt is fun to explore too.

MK use to be a bit easier to play with, but now you need a lot of skill and I think the way they refined their gameplay from the last one makes it better than Street Fighter, IMO. I love Tekken tho too. MK and Tekken are my two my favourite series.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
video me using the "rare/cost shit loads of money" skins
[video=youtube;Wk_VjALsD_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_VjALsD_g[/video]

Sep 20, 2013
Michigan
The faction data always takes longer than I'd think it should. Also, seems like they need to work in a curve n the faction wars. It seems the leading faction just has way more players in it than the others and will keep leading because of it.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="atomicnuke, post: 6439075]The faction data always takes longer than I'd think it should. Also, seems like they need to work in a curve n the faction wars. It seems the leading faction just has way more players in it than the others and will keep leading because of it.[/QUOTE]

Ya the Lin Kuei is by far the most stacked. I also can not retrieve my online stats. What the hell was the point of todays update if nothing is working?

Here is me pulling off a Brutality online. I could tell my opponent was not very good, so I took it very easy on him. Don't even think I used my X-Ray.

[video=youtube;CEReTs2k2_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEReTs2k2_o[/video]

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2006
The story line in this shit made me mad as hell.

The one thing I haven't liked about MK's story since the 2011 game, is that there is no fucking sense of hierarchy in the characters.

In street fighter, is Akuma going to lose to anyone other than another A-List powerhouse? Hell no. It makes sense. You gotta be good enough to beat someone in order to, and there is a clear cut ladder of power.

In this MK you can have scrubs like Johnny Cage and his daughter beat an former Elder God like Shinnok, with no explanation whatsoever of why they are suddenly able to beat such powerful foes. It's random as hell.

It's terribly inconsistent, in that anyone can beat anyone regardless of where they stand, with no explanation for why they are suddenly powerful enough to do so.

Fucking Kung Jin, some random younger counsin of Kung Lao, beats the new Emperor of Outworld, Kotal Kahn, and later gets his ass beat by Kitana. Lol. No explanation for either.

He is not made out to be a super strong warrior for beating Kotal Kahn even though it should have been a shocking occurrence, and is later made out to look pretty weak, for not being able to even beat Kitana, even with help.

For a guy like me, this inconsistency is maddening. lol.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I also did not care for the story. MK9 was amazing, but this one is pretty crappy. Thankfully MKX has such a great online experience.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
I wish the game was more like the early days. You had to figure out fatalities, specials, etc. The fatalities are unimagined. They need to get back to the roots. Can't remember how many releases I've had to say that about.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="robvandam111, post: 6439157]About the story though, I'm hearing a lot about Dark Raiden. So does that mean that timeline has jumped onto Deceptions timeline or similar?[/QUOTE]

I think that was more about the end of the story, leading to the story of their next game.

PC modders have managed to get some of the story characters working with their move sets and such.

Baraka
Rain
Tanya
Sindel

So hopefully we will get all of these fighters in future DLC.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6439241]They need to remaster Ultimate MK3. Bring that game to the tech used for MKX.[/QUOTE]

That would be amazing. UMK3 is still the greatest MK game ever made.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6439248]I'd pay top dollar for MK2 to be in the MK10 tech.[/QUOTE]

Eh, MK2 is alright. Can't compare to UMK3 though. Combo's are a necessity in fighting games. MK2 has only glitched juggle combos.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6439250]Eh, MK2 is alright. Can't compare to UMK3 though. Combo's are a necessity in fighting games. MK2 has only glitched juggle combos.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind combos but w/o them in MK2 make the game more strategic. I probably spent enough money in the arcade with MK2 to buy a car lol.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6439251]I don't mind combos but w/o them in MK2 make the game more strategic. I probably spent enough money in the arcade with MK2 to buy a car lol.[/QUOTE]

What strategy? Each character had like 3 moves. With sub zero you know the other person is going to slide or try to freeze you. Scorpion will teleport or spear you. Easy to predict what your opponent is going to try and do.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Jason Voorhees came out today. I sure hope they dumb him down a bit because he is definitely over powered

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="shaqq, post: 6443574]He's not overpowered at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

A simple Google search will show that I am not the only one that thinks so. I know he is slower, but his X-Ray takes out so much damage it is ridiculous.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
vorhee's is defo overpowered. especially in his 'unstoppable' incarnation. saw a combo with his last night which took 60% of the opponents health. crazy.