[OT] Persona 5

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Metal King Slime, post: 6457840]Well, Persona 3 and Persona 4 are actually set in the same world since you end up visiting the school from Persona 3 in Persona 4 at one point but it's not important to the story. Similarly, I wonder if Persona 5 is set after the events of Persona 4.[/QUOTE]

Ah....haven't finished 4 yet so didn't realize.

I like the thief at night thing they have going on. I hope 5 follows 3's pattern of night time excursions. I didn't like that in 4 that I had to chose whether to build social links or go into the TV each day.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yes like Slime said since Persona 4 is 2 years after Persona 3 there's only some cameo's but they don't have anything to do with Persona 4's story in general.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6457843]I like the thief at night thing they have going on. I hope 5 follows 3's pattern of night time excursions. I didn't like that in 4 that I had to chose whether to build social links or go into the TV each day.[/QUOTE]
I remember it a little differently in that you could still build social links but you had to choose whether to study each night or go to Tartarus in Persona 3. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up but in one of the games the characters would ask if you wanted to go exploring.

Last edited:

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Metal King Slime, post: 6458076]I remember it a little differently in that you could still build social links but you had to choose whether to study each night or go to Tartarus in Persona 3. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up but in one of the games the characters would ask if you wanted to go exploring.[/QUOTE]

Ah....yeah, you are right. Don't know what it was. Just seemed like I had more time to do stuff in 3.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well im pretty sure P4 Golden you can spend time on a scooter to find a new area. Can't remember exploring character wise maybe Elizabeth in P3 since you took her heaps of places.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Sorry, I was being a little vague. I meant when you would go back to your dorm in Persona 3 for the evening, one of your friends would ask if they were going to explore Tartarus that night. The day/night cycle is pretty similar in both games, from what I remember. But Persona 5 does make me think of Persona 3 in some ways so I'm really excited!

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well Persona 4 is after school Dungeon wise and Persona 3 is at night. I too from what I have seen so far of Persona 5 I can presume that the dungeons will take place at night as like Persona 3.

Had a look at the older games such as 1 & 2 from what people are saying that Nyarlathotep might be return from when they saw the winged creature in Persona 5 earlier trailer . But I reckon it's Arsene.

Wish that Atlus did do Japanese dub as well since the main character also voices the Japanese version of Lelouch in Code Geass.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I also think it's supposed to be Arsene. You can see his top hat and his legs stand out too. His overall design is pretty cool compared to Orpheus and Izanagi.

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well they keep saying it's 2015 but you think they would of revealed a limited edition by now if they do. They just don't want nothing to leak out if they reveal a bit?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I wonder if they're planning to release the game in December?

Last edited:

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
If we don't have a release date by TGS in September I would start to worry. But I think TGS is where they will announce a december release.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6458667]Seems like we should have a release date by now. Wonder what the hold up is.[/QUOTE]

Greatness Awaits. They didn't say how long it would take. ;)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Man, I remember when the only thing we saw of this game was the teaser of the chairs and that was enough to get fans excited. I can just feel it; Persona 5 is going to be awesome.

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Got hyped at the theme it's showing. You're a slave. Want Emancipation?
Enjoyed the first gameplay video as well and been happy with the flagship installments so im looking forward to this.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I've read that instead of only using one weapon type you now have a melee and ranged weapon for each party member. For example, the protagonist uses knives and pistols, Ryuji uses bludgeons and shotguns, Anne uses whips and sub-machine guns, and Morgana (the cat) wields swords and slingshots.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah from the sounds of things that might making hitting an enemy's weak spot much easier. Yeah I do wonder if it's only going to be only 4 party members.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
God DAMN! *flips table* I wish we could have regular updates for this game. Where's a Persona 5 press release when you need one, Christopher? :(

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Seriously.....I'm starting to think they aren't even going to announce a release date. I'm just going to walk into Gamestop one day....and poof....there it is sitting on the shelf with post it note that says "oh....were you looking for me?"

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://www.crossmap.com/news/person...ima-teased-more-teaser-to-come-before-p-20358

We've been waiting for the announcement of 'Persona 5's release date since February this year; however, until now, the release date is still unknown. According to reports, it seems like 'Atlus' is planning to announce the released date of 'Persona 5' this coming D23 Expo in Tokyo, Japan. However since the event is going to happen this coming November, are we expecting a December release date?

Recently Katsura Hashino (Game Director) and Shigenori Soejima (Game Designer) spoke to Gematsu about the upcoming Persona 5. They are well aware that fans are truly excited about the game but promises that the wait is all worth it, Hashino added, "I know it's been a long wait, but I hope you'll give us just a little more time. Hopefully once it's out, it'll all be worth it in the end."

There's still no fixed release date for Persona 5 although Atlus said they are confident of a 2015 release date. Hashino and Soejima believe that Persona 5 will restore people's belief in the RPG genre and they are truly overwhelmed and pleased with fans' reaction to the game.

Whilst the information we have on Persona 5 is just based on some teaser trailers, they say that there's more spoilers along the way before the release date that will truly wet fans' appetite. Soejima added, "We still have a lot left to show, so hopefully people keep an eye on us and wait to see what's coming up. Chief among those, in fact, are more allied characters that we have yet to show, but I'd say that we won't be running out of new stuff to reveal anytime soon. So stay hyped and sit tight until we finally get this game out in your hands!"
So far, so good; when it comes to their teasers, all reviews are just really positive.

There's still no official release date for 'Persona 5' but it is believed to be released this coming December.
D23 Expo? Never heard of it.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://gearnuke.com/atlus-usa-confident-about-persona-5-2015-release-north-america/

Atlus doubles down on 2015 release.

Europe seems to be getting a few Atlus releases later than North America, and there have even been some listings for 2016 for Persona 5 published by Square Enix. “That’s just completely wrong. A lot of people assume that this is correct because they published something back in what, 2008? It just isn’t true. I’m working on getting those incorrect listing removed. We are trying to get publishers locked in for our titles in EU and will announce things when they are locked in. We don’t want another Shin Megami Tensei IV or Devil Survivor Overclocked situation. We are very aware of what happens when we make premature announcements for Europe. At least I am. The only thing I can confirm for Persona 5 is 2015.
~John Hardin, PR Manager for Atlus USA

Just make it happen!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
November will probably be too crowded for them so I'm thinking it'll release in December.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Just going to wait and see when they will confirm the date so I admit I have no idea when it's going to release. End of this year or start of next year i'll be happy with that.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Man, the Wikipedia article for the game still mentions a 2016 release for Europe. I'm expecting we'll hear about the release date this month though, preferably with a new trailer, which would satisfy my hunger.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
would be crazy for them to push it to 2016 after saying 2015 over and over again. Oh wait......this is the video game industry. Nothing is crazy anymore.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://gematsu.com/2015/09/persona-special-stage-set-tgs-2015

Atlus will host a “Persona Special Stage” event at the Tokyo Game Show on September 9 from 14:30 to 15:30 Japan time, the developer announced.

In addition to a mini-concert featuring popular Persona artists Kawamura Yumi, Lotus Juice, Hirata Shihoko, and DJ Waka, the stage will also be a talk show featuring the Persona Stalker Club’s Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita.

oh. hell. yes.

edit: uh.....google says current day/time in Japan is Sept 9 8:20 PM. Did this already happen?

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011