[OT] Persona 5

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yup the game is well worth picking up a Vita for in my opinion. For those who want to get into the series as well as those who loved the original Persona 4. Golden was well worth it and I used to own the original Persona 4 as well.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
*sigh*

In other news, it seems that "Persona 5" could be featuring several characters from previous titles to join the Phantom Thieves in their quest for "Justice".

Several gaming fans suggested that characters from "Persona 3" and "Persona 5" could make an appearance into the game such as Yu Narukami, Chie Satonaka, Naoto Shirogane and Aigis. Both "Persona" are featured in crossover games such as "Persona: Arena" and "Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.

There are other suggestion such as havig the protagonist of "Persona 5" fully voiced, giving some diaglogues besides preaching "Persona" during battle making the sequel very unique from previous titles, Gamingbolt reported.
Yeah, thanks, but no... It's bad enough that I would be bombarded with annoying ads, misleading hyperlinks and other garbage as soon as I begin to read your so-called news update. This is why I stick to reading from a select number of sites like PSU and Gematsu, even if we have to wait a long time for Persona 5-related news.

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6506508]*sigh*

Yeah, thanks, but no... It's bad enough that I would be bombarded with annoying ads, misleading hyperlinks and other garbage as soon as I begin to read your so-called news update. This is why I stick to reading from a select number of sites like PSU and Gematsu, even if we have to wait a long time for Persona 5-related news.

But damn,[/QUOTE]

Yeah they milked 4 to death despite loving the game. Would like a new world but with some references from the pass games there and there but they kinda cleared that up a lot with the Ultimax games. Highly doubt that Persona 3 MC will come back or anything. Yeah I want more proof as well regarding it as well mate.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Out of curiosity, what did they clear up with the Ultimax games? I never did play them so my knowledge of the series is pretty much limited to Persona 3 and 4.

I would enjoy the idea that the events of Persona 3, 4 and 5 share the same world but specifically in that their stories are isolated. The way it was done in Persona 4 where you visited the school from Persona 3 briefly was nice because it referenced a previous title without making a big deal out of it.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6508266]Out of curiosity, what did they clear up with the Ultimax games? I never did play them so my knowledge of the series is pretty much limited to Persona 3 and 4.

I would enjoy the idea that the events of Persona 3, 4 and 5 share the same world but specifically in that their stories are isolated. The way it was done in Persona 4 where you visited the school from Persona 3 briefly was nice because it referenced a previous title without making a big deal out of it.[/QUOTE]

Yup for Ultimax it basically says what the Persona 3 characters are doing such as Akhiko still working with Mitsuru then quits in the end and wants to become a police officer in which you see him in Persona:Trinity Soul as one which takes so many years later than Persona 3. Elizabeth wants to bring back the P3 Protagonist in Persona 4 and tries to find a way in both Ultimax games but never does so. If there was even a chance for his revival they could of done it in the Final Ultimax game.

So yeah I don't mind references if they done it like in a way with Persona 4 so I agree there. Yup the bit with Chihiro as the president and Margaret making references with Elizabeth which I mentioned above with The Persona 3 Protagonist etc.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It looks like Sega will be publishing Persona 5 in North America, by the way, since Sega of America acquired Atlus U.S.A.

And I re-watched the third trailer because it's been a while. Still looks awesome.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
It is going to be interesting to see when they release it. Going to be a bit strategic with FFXV coming out this fall as well. I'm guessing November since FF is out in September. sigh....want this game now!

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yup I watched the trailer again not that long ago myself I cannot wait and I hope they don't release it too close to FFXV.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/per...nd-regarding-promised-summer-release/9845.htm

Atlus, the developer of the upcoming new action role playing video game "Persona 5," and its CEO made some promises which, given the current state of the game, might not be something they can keep. The company's CEO, Naoto Hirakoa, previously announced to fans that the game will be available in time for the summer season in Japan. However, things seemed to have quieted down in that front ever since the announcement.

The silence from the company and the CEO led some fans to believe that Atlus may not be able to keep that promise seeing as there has been no further announcement regarding the game's development status. Some fans even speculated that the game could very well be pushed further to an early 2017 release date. Despite the negativity of several reports, some die-hard fans still believe in what the CEO said and that the company will be able to meet the initially announced schedule for the release of the game.

The lack of announcements can be viewed in one of two ways. First, the lack of information might be an indication that the company is hard at work at finishing the game and that they would only be releasing details about it if and when they are sure that the game is complete. Second, the company may be far from completing the game and that they are not divulging that information in fear of backlash towards the company's previous promises.

Another theory is that Atlus themselves may be biding their time as releasing the game this summer may not be a good marketing move as there is now growing anticipation for the release of games such as "Final Fantasy XV," the latest installment in the long running "Final Fantasy" series. Fans are still hopeful that an announcement regarding the game's release will be coming sooner if not later.
speculation out there that the game will be delayed again.....to 2017. yeah....absolute silence on an actual release date will do that. sigh.

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Well I don't mind good rpg to get delayed. The promising 100+ hours worths unlike 2 week long games like uncharted I can wait :)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
There's no indication that the game will be delayed into 2017. E3 would be the ideal time for Sega/Atlus to announce the western release date as it also happens to be around the time of the game's release in Japan. I think E3 is the kind of event Japanese publishers would want to prioritize marketing their games overseas.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, nevermind. Someone at NeoGAF was leaking false information.

It's actually kind of ridiculous to think they would have cancelled the PS3 version, now that I think about it; mostly because the game will be releasing this year and after having delayed it before, they couldn't afford to make any more bad moves. Cancelling the last-gen version implies they would have freed up development resources to improve the game but that really isn't necessary with a lesser-known (but nonetheless loved) JRPG series like Persona.

Porting the game to PC does sound like something Sega would do though.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://gearnuke.com/atlus-usa-shuts-persona-5-pc-xbox-one-says-wont-happen/

Doesn't look like PC is happening. Someone hacked their site and added PC as a version.

Persona 5 is currently confirmed for a release on PS3 and PS4 this Summer in Japan. It was originally set for a release as a PS3 exclusive in Winter 2014 which was then later delayed to 2015. Atlus then added PS4 as a platform along with PS3 and the game was delayed to Summer 2016 in Japan. The official Persona 5 website was hacked recently by a fan who added the PC version of the game as a new addition to the website along with a fake release date. This was quickly proved to be false as people caught on the hack and it was removed by Atlus. After this hack, Atlus USA PR was quick to talk about it on Twitter mentioning how he had a chat with the web security team to make sure that incidents like this don’t happen again.

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/atlus-usa-shuts-persona-5-pc-xbox-one-says-wont-happen/
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/AshtonNarukami">@AshtonNarukami</a> everything I've heard says it's not going to happen.</p>— John Hardin (@JohnLHardin) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/724046427014361090">April 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Or Xbox. Not a surprise there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/MJ312">@MJ312</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AshtonNarukami">@AshtonNarukami</a> equally as unlikely.</p>— John Hardin (@JohnLHardin) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/724806544194293760">April 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
FYI, schedule of the upcoming Persona 5 broadcast:

Atlus will host a Persona 5 Niconico special broadcast on May 5 at 21:30 Japan time (5:30 a.m. PT / 8:30 a.m. ET), the company announced.

The broadcast, titled “Take Tokyo Tower,” will go live when the countdown timer launched last week comes to an end.

Persona 5 is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan this summer.
Source

As I said already, I'm expecting a new trailer to be showcased with the official release date for Japan. As for North America and Europe, we might not get their release dates until the month of June during E3.

Very excited to finally see more of Persona 5 though.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Two more days to go!

Also, I've been listening to the Persona 3 soundtrack lately. You gotta love how Shoji Meguro can create a unique sound for every Persona game.

This one is a personal favorite:

[video=youtube;ZzRqtW1C0Zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzRqtW1C0Zo[/video]

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
new trailer and Japanese release date 9.15.2016
[video=youtube;qKZtJmt85ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZtJmt85ns[/video]

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah it will likely be the case since the next lot of news will be revealed at E3. I cannot wait for Persona 5 its still looking good!

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
sigh.....as long as they make it great.....I guess. Can't say I won't be disappointed if we have to wait till next year. But Persona has a hefty reputation to fulfill. Got to do it right.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I didn't think it was possible but Izanagi (part of the Special Collaboration DLC) looks even cooler:

Also worth mentioning is that the 20th Anniversary Edition includes an art book which, you know, normally I'm not crazy about with video games, but the Persona series has some truly inspiring artwork -- just look at the game's box art that I posted earlier:

Last edited: